What's new

MKX DLC Poll for Final Round 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Also, can someone explain to me what we actually know? We don't have block infinites or gamebreaking glitches as far as I'm aware of. Chill the fuck out and get hyped!

Last edited:

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
And don't listen to poth. He's one of the most pompous ignorant self-absorbed selfish pricks with an agenda on the site.

Couldn't you say part of the reason Tanya was initially nerfed was because her over powered tool set was on prominent display for the world to see? Had she not been allowed who knows how long it would have taken for her tech to cause enough of an uproar to be toned down.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Well, my Final Round plans fell through, I still want to offer my opinion.

I'm a little annoyed that DLC were given tools that were deemed too powerful for the regular cast. If you didn't want loopable pseudo unblockable mix ups in the game, wouldn't you remove them all? Seems inconsistent to me.

Anyway, as powerful as some of the DLC are, every one can admit that no one really knows these match ups, yet. Will they look/be as ridiculous once people start exploiting gaps/optimizing punishes?

I think everyone is afraid of another Tanya CEO thing. That's understandable, but I don't think it's that big of a deal. The narrative at the time was that Tanya would kill the game because there were so many.

What people gloss over is that there was no one in that top 8 that couldn't have gotten in anyway without Tanya. A DLC Character can't turn a bad player into a top one. Fundamentals matter and no amount character can win for you.

Even if the Top 8 has 8 Cyber Subs, the game won't die. If it happens like that, the character will be normalized and we'll all move on. The only way we'll know for sure is if we see them in action.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Somewhat this.

The thing is though, I'd wager there's still going to be multiple entrants that know as much about the KP2 variations as they do day 1 variations. If some unknown schmuck got put in the same pool as let's say, Biohazard and GGA Nikolass, let's say he beats Nikolass' Sektor and puts him into losers, is then put into losers himself by Bio and then Nikolass wins the runback to get out of pools with Spectral Ermac, and THEN complains that NRS needs to get their shit together after losing to F/T and Ermac, he would be rightly ridiculed. But would people toot the same horn if he beats Ermac then loses to Triborg?

I don't know man. #semanticssemanticssemantics
That's why I said you just gotta pick an option and stick with it. Either a majority are too scared of what the DLC might bring to the table and think we should have more time. Or a majority don't care or actually want the DLC in to fight against. Whoever complains, complains. They'd probably complain about whatever caused their loss. There are plenty of threads here and info around that I feel like nothing too crazy is hidden.

But just to be fair I say ban DLC for a month. Even if you thought they were incredibly balanced. Just set a routine and stick to it.

But if the community wanted to let shit rock then so be it. Come prepared.

I just don't get why this topic seems to come around every time a DLC character or patch rolls out.

Rabbit

thugs bunny
Even if the Top 8 has 8 Cyber Subs, the game won't die. If it happens like that, the character will be normalized and we'll all move on. The only way we'll know for sure is if we see them in action.
8 Cyber Subs in top 8 will still make the game look like a joke though.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
8 Cyber Subs in top 8 will still make the game look like a joke though.
Eh, the game will endure. There's no doubt in my mind. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but the larger FGC tends to cannibalize itself in the sense that it poops on any game that isnt the one they personally play.

Meaning: If it wasn't that, people who hate MK would find some other reason to do so.

Plus, if this hypothetical all-Cyber Top 8 was filled with names like Sonic Fox, REO, DJT, etc would anyone really make the argument that they couldn't have made it there anyway?

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
imo @ShinBlanka has it right. MKxl is basically like uSFIV. There are so many changes with the tier list that it is completely futzed or improved depending on your point of view. Even without the DLC characters for all intents and purposes it is a “new” game with core mechanisms like the way command grabs and breakers work for example, completely changed. So it is in fact an even deeper modification than simple character tweaking. The issue, as I see it is not just the DLC characters at all.

It is unfortunate the FR19 coincides with the fall of MKx but really there is a major like constantly for the next bunch of months. No matter when NRS dropped MKxl it would have conflicted with something. FR19 just got the short straw, (again!). I personally do not think it is reasonable for NRS to take tournament dates into consideration when planning releases. They should be focused on the best product, coming out in as short a time as possible, while meeting their financial and production considerations.

No one wants FR19 to be a huge petri dish for NRS to design their next patch in, but the question becomes; when should it be allowed? With all the changes to the original cast, is that really so different than the new DLC characters? Isn’t part of the FGC and eSports in general the shifting meta and changing landscape caused by the fluctuations in game design. I think it is.

Also as someone said before, without spectators there is no event, and I put forth the assumption that most spectators are interested in seeing the hype new stuff at pro-level but I suspect that many of the top players might be using non-kp2 characters anyway.

That being said, I think the safest decision for FR19 is to ban the DLC characters and run with the modified original + KP1 roster. Even though this clearly gives a similar advantage to some of the mega buffed and disadvantages some of the mega nerfed. I think if I was running the event this is what I would do.

Yet the braver, and more hype thing to do is let the chips fall where it may and allow the meta to form naturally during the crucible of kombat. Characters will gain haters, old school characters will become hype, maybe the finals will not be stacked with KP2 and the entire thing was over-thought. Or maybe it will be like Tanya was and lead to a DJT style win that was sweet as candy for the spectators. There is a purity to allowing the chips to fall where they may adding to the lore of the MKxl event scene, it’s rivalries and it’s texture.

I do not envy ShinBlanka choice here, but whatever it is .. it needs to be made as soon as possible.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
So guys.

Why were skarlet rain and kenshi banned for evo? And then freddy banned for summer jam i think.

But injustice and mkx dlc werent banned?
I dont go to majors really but imma need some consistency
Injustice dlc was banned I wasn't able to use ZOD at any major till TFC

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
If NRS ran a official NRS Cup like the capcom cup with an official pro tour through the majors they could time major patches to match the event schedule like capcom dose.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Kinda ignorant to tell people that "If you're not going to said tournament you're opinion on the subject is invalid." We're the NRS community, and we should treat each other as such. I mean, if say Dizzy wasnt going but had a valid point to make on the subject I'm sure we would take it into account.

If you really wanted the opininons of JUST the people going start a pm or something, dont do it publicly to make people feel bad.

That being said fuck CSZ
Yea if youre not going don't vote

But discuss in thread why yes or no

XCVIIDarkTruth

Evil bitch
When are they finally adding rain and sindel in MKX ? Seriously, they need to stop adding these useless horror characters who don't have shit to do with the game like, I don't mind them but add them later than original characters. Alien boraicho and triborg are ok but leatherface ? Like piss off Willa ya ? Rain should've been the 4th character or sindel or another female. Also, add noob to this dead game.

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
It's more the usual Pig shit, he doesn't care about the opinion of anyone who disagrees with him, and he thinks he will get more competitors agreeing with him than viewers

This thread is a fucking joke lol. Stop crying that competition might be tougher than usual, thats the best thing about tournaments as a viewer and its the whole point of a tournament. Everyone is going into the tournament with the same options available.

And it's not like DLC characters are just going to get free wins all the way to top 8. You aren't super familiar with match up, they aren't super familiar with the character, nor will they have any match up specific tech of their own at this stage just a base understanding of the character, and likely no understanding of any others, if you are playing a non-DLC character you've had 2 weeks to learn the round abouts of match ups, while theyve had 2 weeks to learn an entire new character, and about match ups.. You have up to 10 months familiarity with your main and they have like 2 weeks practice with their character, and 6 other new characters they know shit about. And thats assuming you are't playing a DLC character of your own, in which case you both have lack of match up experience towards each other.

I'm super hyped for this tournament BECAUSE it's going to be the new characters only a couple of weeks in, and its going to be one hell of a shitfight to the top. We won't ever get to replicate this and to take it away because Pig of the Hut is once again whining that the competitive scene is too hard for him, would just be a terrible decision.
Not disagreeing with you, but could you please leave your pig hate boner out of this? No one cares for it and its absolutely unnecessary.

XCVIIDarkTruth

Evil bitch
Because 99.9% of the time adjustments need to be made. Its safer not to allow some completely unknown object into a tournament people pay $300-500 to go to and compete.
Yeah, but isn't it kinda unfair for people who main 1 of those DLC characters and want to compete but can't due to the tournament rules ? DOA is different there you can use DLC characters in majors but it's not a smart choice because the DLC characters are unsafer than the original characters.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Not disagreeing with you, but could you please leave your pig hate boner out of this? No one cares for it and its absolutely unnecessary.
I don't hate Pig lol and I in no way made him the focal point of my statement, the core of my stance had nothing to do with him. The statements I made about him complaining like this all the time, are super relevant when the organizer of FR is in here reading, an unfamiliar with this scene and... "personalities" and repetitive history of some of it's members lol, or just a certain member in particular. You are the one driving a narrative here and making my post about "my hate for Pig", my post was barely even relevant to Pig himself however this thread is flat out terrible regardless of who made it, and to say that "only people attending FR are entitled to an opinion" is even worse, and like a few others have mentioned, it's certainly not out of character here lol and certainly bears merit mention for ShinBlanka's sake. It's all this guy ever does lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.