What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

With Raiden abusing all this blood magik is he going to end up cutting his face off too or something?!
oh god
oh god
this might be the perfect opportunity to either set up fujin as the voice of reason and to get raiden to chill the fuck out (giving him a part in the story as Raiden's supervisor so to speak) OR he tries to intervene and stop raiden and ultimately Raiden ends up fucking killing or seriously injuring him and that's what brings him to his senses. Which I really hope the former happens.

Slowly in the background we see the trees start to shake, leaves start to blow, and suddenly there's a big ass flash of green energy and we see a silhouette of a tall man with white eyes... Fujin being the BAMF that he is orders Raiden to restrain or he will force him to. The next shot is a close up of him holding the MK4 crossbow... fuck yea

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Damn, how can people hate Hanzo after his origin story? Out of all the surviving characters, he's had it the worst:
  • Entire clan is slaughtered Uchiha-style.
  • Forced, in his dying moments, to watch his Wife and Son freeze to death whilst in (I'd imagine) immense pain, considering his head & spine were ripped from his body.
  • Sworn to vengeance on Sub-Zero for an extremely long period of time, whilst unknowingly serving the man who slaughtered his clan.
  • Finally breaks free of the Hellfire Spirit, 'Scorpion', and rebuilds his clan.
  • The majority of the clan is once again slaughtered and he sets off in search of Raiden with the only other surviving member, vowing to once again rebuild his clan... Again.
  • Is then attacked by a possessed Raiden.
I mean I'd be pretty fucked up if this shit happened to me, but nah Hanzo just keeps going and going. Props.

NightTrauma

Kung Fu Treachery
God damn. Fuck you Bi Han!
I wonder how much of that is true and how much is a falsehood created by Quan Chi in this timeline? Judging from Bi-Han's reaction to the memory in MK9 and some of the intros in MKX, I think we can assume at the least that he wasn't actually involved. Though, I could still see the Lin Kuei still responsible with Quan Chi posing as Sub-Zero or something. Kinda like what they did with MK Legeacy.

Regardless, I cannot wait for Scorpion to learn the truth and kick the shit out of Quan so hard... Hopefully in a sweet team up with Sub-Zero.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Also while we're on the topic of mythologies, I was on the old ass mythologies website where I came across something pretty interesting

It is believed that a renegade, Japanese-born Lin Kuei warrior named Takeda developed the art of Ninjutsu hundreds of years ago. He returned to Japan to offer his services and knowledge to various lords and generals during that country's feudal period. Many of his skills and techniques were soon copied and learned throughout his homeland. Although the art of Ninjutsu is not based on an individual warriors mutated power, the ninja made up for it with their use of weapons and collective magical techniques that most humans could master with enough practice.

The Ninja have never existed as one collected clan. They work as a loosely connected spy network, made up of several small clans. One such clan is known as the Shirai Ryu. Their founder was Takeda himself, making the Shirai Ryu the very first ninja clan. This also made them instant foes of the Lin Kuei and made Takeda a target for assassination. But, he managed to elude his attackers until his elder years, when he died not from a vicious battle, but in his sleep- a victim of poison slipped into his tea.

Okay so Takeda in MKX might be this guys ancestor or some shit or just a coincidence with the name.. I really don't think that's a coincidence though, he is shown learning from Scorp so this shit has to be intentional some how.
Has to be intentional. Of all the names to pick from there's no chance that they picked the name Takeda while at the same time having him being tutored and mentored by Scorpion.

I'm almost starting to think he gets transported into the past later on somehow and is the same person lol.

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist
Has to be intentional. Of all the names to pick from there's no chance that they picked the name Takeda while at the same time having him being tutored and mentored by Scorpion.

I'm almost starting to think he gets transported into the past later on somehow and is the same person lol.
Actually, I'm hoping that his namesake is the reason Scorpion didn't boot his ass initially, and when he seemed to not be picking up on the training the way Scorp wanted him to in the first few comics. I think that it would be far-far more bad assed if Scorp is training Takeda out of a sacred ancestor respect as well as his talents.

trufenix

bye felicia
Doesn't he also have the option of killing sareena or am I remembering wrong? That's pretty funny though lol the only enemy you kill is within like the first 5 minutes of the game.
Holy shit, you're right I completely forgot about that. Man that game sucks. I guess canon says he spared her, but if I rememeber correctly even if you don't kill her Shinnok does a minute later. I wonder if she's actually still alive.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Haven't done this in a little while, but I shall do it again now!

The chronicles of the latest important @Kittelsen tweets (for speculation)

Fiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrst up looking at some of the new characters, will they be explored further? Will we see more of them? What about Erron Black? Will he finally be revealed as Johnny/Mokap/Ashrah? :DOGE

Next up, Ferra/Torr. Will we find out more about them?

Now to appearances in the comics from characters. Will we see a cameo from Khameleon the female Zaterran?

What about Noob and Smoke? Will they be making an appearance? The answer is.........we will see one of them! (I suspect Noob and Sub turns out to be Bi Han)

NOW onto the new characters/characters seen in the story trailer. Of course Shawn can't comment on who will be in the game but he is able to reveal how many will turn up or have turned up in the comics!

What's interesting about this is that we have seen Takeda, Mileena and Jacqui so far in the comics...but he says "at least 3" have shown up. Does this mean Shinnok and Kung Jin will make appearances too or not? We can only wait and see.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST...info about......................................the demon from another realm causing all this blood magik havoc! (too subtle?)

We now know that the demon is a MAN. But where will they come from? :O Also the confirmation of the demon being a man disconfirms Skarlet as being the demon, but that doesn't mean she won't make an appearance, Shawn has hinted at it before.

My fellow comic readers, SPECULATE!

Megaton_Rich

Ok-ish at pressing buttons
Haven't done this in a little while, but I shall do it again now!

The chronicles of the latest important @Kittelsen tweets (for speculation)

Fiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrst up looking at some of the new characters, will they be explored further? Will we see more of them? What about Erron Black? Will he finally be revealed as Johnny/Mokap/Ashrah? :DOGE

Next up, Ferra/Torr. Will we find out more about them?

Now to appearances in the comics from characters. Will we see a cameo from Khameleon the female Zaterran?

What about Noob and Smoke? Will they be making an appearance? The answer is.........we will see one of them! (I suspect Noob and Sub turns out to be Bi Han)

NOW onto the new characters/characters seen in the story trailer. Of course Shawn can't comment on who will be in the game but he is able to reveal how many will turn up or have turned up in the comics!

What's interesting about this is that we have seen Takeda, Mileena and Jacqui so far in the comics...but he says "at least 3" have shown up. Does this mean Shinnok and Kung Jin will make appearances too or not? We can only wait and see.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST...info about......................................the demon from another realm causing all this blood magik havoc! (too subtle?)

We now know that the demon is a MAN. But where will they come from? :O Also the confirmation of the demon being a man disconfirms Skarlet as being the demon, but that doesn't mean she won't make an appearance, Shawn has hinted at it before.

My fellow comic readers, SPECULATE!
shot in the dark...it's liu kang.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Skarlet could have become a blood sorceress, maybe related to this strange demon.

Also, Raiden is a psychopath.

Kokoko

Somehow
shot in the dark...it's liu kang.
I don't agree. If you look at the second page of the next print issue, Raiden says that the demon doesn't want to kill. He wants make them free. Liu Kang? No. We need a character who believes that the flesh is evil, and death - freedom. Maybe Havik + Noob. Or anybody else. And this demon cooperates with Quan Chi.

Megaton_Rich

Ok-ish at pressing buttons
I don't agree. If you look at the second page of the next print issue, Raiden says that the demon doesn't want to kill. He wants make them free. Liu Kang? No. We need a character who believes that the flesh is evil, and death - freedom. Maybe Havik + Noob. Or anybody else. And this demon cooperates with Quan Chi.
wasn't being serious when i said that, while something like that would fit havik's motive i also would fail to believe he has any actual involvement in this story. besides he has his own realm to run, he doesn't need quan chi.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
I think the biggest tell is that he said... "Where he comes from"... Not who he is.. But where he is from...

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
That time when Fox cuts his face off I instantly think of Havik, maybe he is into something with the daggers thing.

Dark

Noob
Raiden said the demon comes from another dimension/realm and was only allowed passage to this one because of barriers being broken during the netherrealm war. That rules out most characters we know of.

Could be Havik(Why would he control people?), Hotaru(unlikely), Onaga if they change him up quite a lot. Really don't know who else, but none of those choices seem too likely..

Edit: Nitara? Maybe? She sucks blood and stuff, is from a far away realm. Don't think they'd give her such a big role though.

Last edited: