What's new

MKAK is out NOW for PSN & XBL: Discussing First Impressions

AC1984

Kaballin!
Thats awesome!!! :) UMK3 on DS runs almost like MKt from what I heard...which is great....no practice mode but it is what it is....Mame cheat will always be there

Tim Static

Adminerator
haha thats cause it seems to be abut faster. i felt like playing umk ds lol (<3)
Im not sure about UMK3, but the MK1 & MK2 seem to run a lot faster.

But maybe its because these ports are better than the mame roms? Or are they sped up?

Fatality time seems to have shrunken too, so maybe theyve been sped up. i dunno

Hatake Osawa

NetherRealm Protector
Tim Static said:
Im not sure about UMK3, but the MK1 & MK2 seem to run a lot faster.

But maybe its because these ports are better than the mame roms? Or are they sped up?

Fatality time seems to have shrunken too, so maybe theyve been sped up. i dunno
Yes they do. Both 1 and 2 seem to have no problem. But when it comes to UMK3, it seems to be a bit slow. It's hard to say what ports these are.

Fatality time is a lot shorter. So you have to be quick on executing the commands to do so.

MKK hanzo

Guys to me in 360 MK I and II are at correct speed (offline) and also umk3. I just downloaded it. In ps3 MK I and II are WAY faster! (And I think UMk3 is by a small bit...)

Reading this thread makes me so so sad. I downloaded MKAK this morning before work, and I now I am reading about how horrible the online is. This just breaks my heart. I was so looking forward to playing my favorite games again against actual people, and now it is all f'ed up.

I wish that NRS would actually make sure that things are working properly before releasing them. I am really tired of their mistakes. If Capcom can release an old game with new features and proper netcode why can't NRS get a simple arcade port with proper netcode.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
#1 in Ranked for UMK3 on XBL, longest streak too. GET ON MY LAGGY LEVEL BEOTCHEZ!

im petrafied to try this out, but i have to....at the very least though i was hopeing to play mk1 online and from reading that seems to be the only one that works well, very sad to hear about mk2 online, ive been hoping for mk2 on xbl forever and the one reason i wanted it (online), its not worth it.....
CURSES
:rant:

burnman

Noob
This all feels like a rushed POS. While 3rd Strike Online Edition isn't perfect, at least it plays well, there aren't random audio cut-offs, super sped up animation (PS3), and you can play it online.

Huge let down with this, I hope they decide to patch ASAP, and maybe have their QA team actually test it.

This all feels like a rushed POS. While 3rd Strike Online Edition isn't perfect, at least it plays well, there aren't random audio cut-offs, super sped up animation (PS3), and you can play it online.

Huge let down with this, I hope they decide to patch ASAP, and maybe have their QA team actually test it.
Yep. This is very, VERY disappointing. Trying to play UMK3 online earlier was unreal. Compared to the old UMK3 on XBL Arcade, this is garbage. And can you seriously not enter kombat codes online??? Randper Kombat was the best part of the old XBL UMK3.

Ugh they better fix this. The old one ran PERFECT online, and this is just unplayable. There is *NO WAY* this was playtested.

jamessmk

I am your god
As much ad it is a POS. I know NRS had nothing to really do with it. I am 100% sure since WB wanted to make a quick buck, the had 3rd party convert the game. I do not blame NRS as much a WB cocsmokers.

burnman

Noob
Half the time I'm not even able to enter in the fatality codes because there's not enough time from when the announcer says "Finish Him." Yet on MAME I'm able to do this fine. Total garbage.

Niflheim

Noob
Ugh, online for UMK3 is laggy as f--k. However, online for MK1 and MK2 is perfect for me. Very strange.
Also, for the speeds, MK1 seems a LOT faster than my DOS-Box Rom. MK2 seems fine, just feels smoother, and UMk3 feels like it's normal(offline)
Anyways, this port sucks for online. I only wanted to play online for UMK3 with my Smoke, but this seems impossible. I doubt this was playtested at all, damn Warner Bros. and their money grabbing ways.
Edit: WTF is with the Fatality times? It's f--king impossibly for me to enter it. Only in MK1 does it seem normal speed for the Fatality timer.
Good thing this was only $10. I can't show any of my friends Animalities or Friendships from this BS!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I just hope we get a response from the people who can actually patch the game. Whether it be Other Ocean, Unreal Engine, NRS, whoever. Even if they say they can't patch it, it will be so much better to actually state that then keep everyone in the dark about it.

Hope this gets patched, it has a lot of potential.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
I was so pumped for this. But after reading people's responses I'll wait for a patch. The main reason I was buying was online play :(

burnman

Noob
I think what pisses me off most about this is that the MK community gets shafted so hard. WB obviously doesn't give a damn except to line their pockets, which, while they get a short term gain for putting out trash, in the long run they are just screwing themselves.

shano

Noob
NRS sucks they need to learn how to bring out good ports and good netcodes for the games they release it's kinda pathetic.

Lex

MKKhanzo: Ded is from Bulgary jahha
tried playing online: had a hissy fit, threw my controller at my xbox while it was flying through the air from a totally boss table flip!

edit: mother fucking button config!!!!!

SZSR

Noob
Yeah, I was able to get the flawless on ranked trophy but only after like 20 matches... and every match the lag was atrocious, I don't get how it could be this bad.

so you're saying it's like the online of the first release of mk2 for ps3? geez...If nrs doesn't fix it I'm not going to buy it, simple

MKK hanzo

tried playing online: had a hissy fit, threw my controller at my xbox while it was flying through the air from a totally boss table flip!

edit: mother fucking button config!!!!!
Hola Lex (lol) played it offline? How doyou feel the game speed? (all games)