What's new

MKAK is out NOW for PSN & XBL: Discussing First Impressions

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Zaq is streaming http://www.twitch.tv/zaq_mk

Online seems like gutter trash to me. The connections are unplayable, there's no spectating, you can't use Kombat Kodes and there's no in game usernames under the character names.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Online seems like gutter trash to me. The connections are unplayable, there's no spectating, you can't use Kombat Kodes and there's no in game usernames under the character names.
That's cause none of these things were available at the arcades:)

I'm just trolling, I feel your pain haha

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
There is no lag, its perma slow motion, I have never seen it move at regular speed once. This is the worst online in a fighting game ever, it makes budget SNK games look like blaz blue.

MKK hanzo

There is no lag, its perma slow motion, I have never seen it move at regular speed once. This is the worst online in a fighting game ever, it makes budget SNK games look like blaz blue.
lol. Look and what about the offline mode? Any input lag?

Eternal

Noob
Offline is great, no input delay for me..Online Umk3 and Mk2 is slow mo. Mk1 is lag free online so far..

This is what online is like atm http://www.twitch.tv/zaq_mk

If you live on the west coast then add me Eternal_UMK3..Lets see if we can get some games with out slowmo..

Hopefully this lag will be patched.

edit I was just now watching that stream and I seen zaq playing a slow mo free game

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
lol. Look and what about the offline mode? Any input lag?
Offline seemed fine, with no input lag, but I only played one match with my friend, and I'm not exactly an expert on UMK3.

I'll try it later when I go back to my friends, I don't think I'm going to buy it unless by some miracle the xbox version doesn't suck.

Just a quick question to anyone with the PS3 version... In UMK 3 is everyone (Classic Sub-Zero, Mileena, and Ermac) already unlocked or are we going to have to input the unlock codes in over and over again? (EVERY version of UMK 3 that has come out except the DS version has been a hassle with this. The old 360 version had a way to keep unlocked characters, but it was still a pain.)

I$AAC

Noob
you have to unlock them first, but once you do they're on there forever.

And Well.....that didn't take long. We already have boosters lol

Online is pretty horrible so far, slow motion like has been said already. One thing that irks me is that you can't even enter kombat codes on UMK3 vs. screen. The 6 boxes show up, but you can't enter anything, like they just forgot about it or said screw it or something. It really doesn't seem like they gave much of a shit when they ported these games, so far.

Other than that, all I've noticed are some minor audio glitches with MK1. The uppercut sound bugs out, and the Goro's Lair music stops playing a few seconds into the third endurance match. Also the clapping in the Courtyard stage isn't the arcade sound, it's slightly different. Haven't noticed anything besides that so far. This is all nitpicky stuff, but with as old as these games are, they should have been able to do everything perfectly while blindfolded and writing code with a Speak & Spell.

Offline is arcade perfect, but I didn't buy this to play offline because I already have them all. Chances are online will be patched, but it's a major disappointment in the meantime.

Offline is pretty much arcade

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I have a feeling they're working on some kind of patch right now. The MKAK hasn't had any official announcements today and no one from NRS or anything is tweeting that it's out. They aren't responding to tweets about it either. So something is obviously wrong here, may just be a PSN problem for the MKAK though. I highly doubt they will just leave it as is, it's literally unplayable by what I'm seeing on Zaq's stream, and all I'm doing it watching it, lmao.

SZSR

Noob
Yeah online is bad, if you're going for the perfect strangers trophy (one flawless online ranked) you're gonna have a whale of a time trying to use conventional tactics. Offline is great though, so I think at least in GA, we'll start having MK1-UMK3 get togethers. :D

Ayx

Omnipresent
As soon as I got in the stream was over, but I witnessed that lag fest that is simply too much. Nuts.

aj1701

Noob
I second the online being terrible. But even worse, is anyone else playing on a 4:3 CRT? The video isn't even properly sized for 4:3!!! The screen is cut off a bit on the sides and has some weird extra graphics (maybe the marquee?) in a layer behind the game on the bottom of the screen. How do you make a 4:3 game not fit properly on a 4:3 screen! No video scaling options either. Argh
The extra graphics on the sides are for wide screens, so that they don't have black bars running vertically. If you're seeing it, I doubt anything is being cut off. Not all 4:3 TVs are that great either; I've had TVs that ALWAYS cut some stuff off the sides.

EDIT:

PSN down for anyone else? I got the AK on my PS3 before, but just after it stopped being available for me.

Oh there was also already a patch I was forced to get as well :)

the graphics look nice, and have a couple different filters, even one that makes your screen look like an arcade monitor.

But the game speed seems the same offline. I am playing it on my big HD tv & ps3 dual shock controller, so there is also some serious input delay going, but its very nice offline and looks great imo.
Is it a wireless ps3? Maybe your TV lagging? I haven't noticed anything, but MK1 always felt a big sluggist to me... 2 & 3 seemed fine though.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I'm just really curious as to why NO ONE from NRS has responded about the netcode. They haven't even mentioned that it's out to download on PSN today... what's going on!?

Tim Static

Adminerator
My man, you need to start multi-quoting!! :)

Is it a wireless ps3? Maybe your TV lagging?
yea, thats what im saying, with the tv and the wireless controller, input delay wasnt good. it wasnt the game...

I'm just really curious as to why NO ONE from NRS has responded about the netcode. They haven't even mentioned that it's out to download on PSN today... what's going on!?
I know a couple of them said they were going "black" for a couple days, and that was yesterday or so when they said that.

SZSR

Noob
My man, you need to start multi-quoting!! :)

yea, thats what im saying, with the tv and the wireless controller, input delay wasnt good. it wasnt the game...

I know a couple of them said they were going "black" for a couple days, and that was yesterday or so when they said that.
It very well could be the game online. Offline has no obvious delay. Online, i've had pretty laggy matches and i'm running on a wired connection, with the modem based on a university connection.

AC1984

Kaballin!
The online is a joke, just played like 6 ranked matches and almost fainted from the lag and blinks....horrible....Also you dont get points from rage quitters....I ran into a couple of them.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
Well at least it seems there isn't any input delay offline, that's some good news. Let's wait for the 360 version oh and don't forget the pc one, maybe the online experience will be better there?