What's new

MKAK is out NOW for PSN & XBL: Discussing First Impressions

I$AAC

Noob
Hate to Break it to you guys, but online is HORRIBLE!!!!! It's not so much the lag as it is super slow!

Massive Kano

Black Dragon
What the hell did you expect without GGPO?

Save your money, people.

EDIT: Unless you have IRL friends who would relish spending a good chunk of time with retro MK titles. In which case, I envy you.

Noob
There is apparently a 0 day patch, hopefully it addresses the online... but regardless, I'll see how it is later when I get home... I don't play online much but I'd like to see how it compares with UMK3 on 360 and MK2 on PSN.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Since its an arcade perfect port I would assume they haven't changed anything or they would have been more vocal about it, but can you clarify if all the jab glitches are still in?

Also I assume online is super barebones and no lobbys or spectating?

I$AAC

Noob
I will say this however.....if they fix the "game" speed issue online then it's not bad. I didn't experience that much lag. I was able to do all the basic juggles with kabal

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Well, the online was/is horrible on PSN with 3sO that has GGPO... so just gotta wait for the XBL version.

Noob
3sO isn't terrible online on PSN, you just have to know how to set your delay and whatnot... also, wired connection is always advised on PSN(as well as 360, but the newer 360 wifi is pretty good).

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Every new game is laggy the first few days for some reason, especially on PSN from what I've heard.

I second the online being terrible. But even worse, is anyone else playing on a 4:3 CRT? The video isn't even properly sized for 4:3!!! The screen is cut off a bit on the sides and has some weird extra graphics (maybe the marquee?) in a layer behind the game on the bottom of the screen. How do you make a 4:3 game not fit properly on a 4:3 screen! No video scaling options either. Argh

Tim Static

Adminerator
I second the online being terrible. But even worse, is anyone else playing on a 4:3 CRT? The video isn't even properly sized for 4:3!!! The screen is cut off a bit on the sides and has some weird extra graphics (maybe the marquee?) in a layer behind the game on the bottom of the screen. How do you make a 4:3 game not fit properly on a 4:3 screen! No video scaling options either. Argh
That sucks. I was just about to rave how good the games look, and you can even make the screen look like an old arcade monitor lol

Tim Static

Adminerator
Man how are the games OFFLINE?? Its perfect arcade speed? And arent the graphics "muddy" like the trailer shown?
the graphics look nice, and have a couple different filters, even one that makes your screen look like an arcade monitor.

But the game speed seems the same offline. I am playing it on my big HD tv & ps3 dual shock controller, so there is also some serious input delay going, but its very nice offline and looks great imo.

MKK hanzo

the graphics look nice, and have a couple different filters, even one that makes your screen look like an arcade monitor.

But the game speed seems the same offline. I am playing it on my big HD tv & ps3 dual shock controller, so there is also some serious input delay going, but its very nice offline and looks great imo.
mmmmmmmmm input delay offline Tim? :( Can record any vid? Even from cellphone. oh and BTW the online mode how good it is? What optios does it has?

thx in advance man!

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Sucks to hear that the online sucks, hopefully it'll be resolved via a patch. I had hoped that they may have used GGPO for this, but I guess not.

I$AAC

Noob
I'll be the first to tell anyone that I suck at UMK3, but damn I'm having fun with this game. I'm looking forward to learning Kabal, H. Smoke, And Nightwolf