What's new

MK4 Tier List

ded

Elder God
true but shinnok impresonations are fucked up in mk4, he is def low tier character

also me and hanzo talked about two tier lists - one with maxdam and one without it.

i'm using kbd btc btw

RoGE

Noob
there is actually 17 people in the game, counting the 2 characters noob saibot and Goro.
But if you really wanna go for the arcade version then so be it. I think you should add noob some where in there though since he is legit and more people own the N64 version.

MKK hanzo

And as I'm sure you guys already know, it's best to break away from the infinite repitition at the very end of the combo and replace it with knee + roundhouse combination or other special move combination. I can get up to 48% that way as opposed to 41% if I just used the infinite without any variation.
Also he has an easy ground 50% on everyone and everywhere that will be posted in his guide.

noob and goro guides for sure
Sure thing and I think that MK Gold characters should follow up soon too.

tanya is the best in mk4 then reptile. if reptile gets his weapon out u lose period.

kai's weapon corner trap is TOO STRONG for him to be bottom.

MKK hanzo

Reiko, Liu, Sub, Jax can get out easily by blocking/punishing the wpn attack.

Rayden, Scorp, reiko can easily Teleport their way out.

Shinnok corner trap is deadly.

tanya is the best in mk4 then reptile. if reptile gets his weapon out u lose period.
As we said, Top 3 is random.

MKK hanzo_hasashi said:
Reiko, Liu, Sub, Jax can get out easily by blocking/punishing the wpn attack.

Rayden, Scorp, reiko can easily Teleport their way out.

Shinnok corner trap is deadly.

As we said, Top 3 is random.
no character can punish kais weapon corner trap and ONLY raiden can teleport out.

heres the trap. vs cornered opponent us weapon hp fast dash hp fast dash hp repeat.. his is a lot of block damage. can u escape that? yes but not hp then immediate lp. u cannot move at all or lp hits then u r back into the mixup. also, if someone should try to jump out kai can use straight up jump hp which moves the camera then kai sidesteps to move the camera more and eventually the whole screen is only a small corner and then u r fucked.

only raiden can teleport out of the trap but not a hp lp r lp lp.

overall its just a corner mixup but a deadly one.

ded

Elder God
the blocked HP weapon attack trap in corner with Kai is escapable with everyone just with forward jump, and some opps like sub can trick the dashing Kai and catch him with ice clone.

as for wpn HP, wpn LP, run, repeat trap, 1 cycle is enough to activate enough pushback and the character can escape, at least in N64 version of the game.

i can easy make vids to proove that, but maybe its different in the arcade version.

guy's can you write a guide about goro and noob and in game play guide do you write how to make sujk,sujk,sujk it is too hard

ded

Elder God
i was working on kk faq for stage select like umk3 ones, and few stuff about noob, and i know hanzo is working on general gameplay guide.

it will be done soon, we are just very very busy :/

if u try to jump out of kai weapon run hp trap then aa jump hp or hp lp strike hits u every time. what i am saying is that while run hp repeat CAN be escaped hp lp CANNOT so its a guess. if u wait for hp lp to get the push back the opponent can run hp repeat untill u decide u commit and attempt to escape then hp lp hits.

btw ded, do u live in the USA?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ohh shit dude, could have fooled me man lol I thought you were from Cali USA for some reason.

Where are you from?
Anyway, I love MK 4 but haven't played it in a little bit of a while with MKA, UMK3 and everything.

Is there a guide on here some where that explains just that SUJK thing by any chance, how to do it? Thanks. :wink:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ohh ok thanks ded, so more or less the risk isn't worth it and it's done by button mashing some what from what I read, interesting.

I'll definitely check out the guide once you guys are done with it :)

ok, i read the tier list and a few things are wrong.

1. tanya hk,hk,csk,run lp,csk,run lp, flipkick which is only possible on p2 side of the machine was left out. also, her hk,hk,csk,run lp,csk, flipkick possible on both sides was left out.

2. reptile is #2 and scorp #3 although you are really splitting hairs when it comes to top 3.

3. reptile hp,hp,hk,hk,crawl,run lp,dash punch only possible on p2 side of the machine was left out.

4. reptile with weapon hk,lp,crawl,lp,crawl,hp was left out and it does more then inf with max damage set on.

5. jerek is ranked higher and his safe weapon launch was not put in the guide. jerek hp weapon launch is not safe vs some characters and never safe weapon vs weapon BUT if you poke with hk,d hp you get knee then safe uppercut on block but if the knee hits you get the hp weapon launcher instead.

6. MANY corner weapon corner block damage traps/weapon traps in general were not put in the guide.

7. raiden is ranked higher if no no other reason that his teleport can escape and punish many of the stupid weapon corner traps.

8. kai should be slightly higher because of is weapon corner traps.

9. quan chi should be lower.

10. sonya needs to be higher.

11. reiko is good but his difficulty to use and situational big damage make him lower.

other then these things i found the guide to be well done and very accurate. excellent job!

ded

Elder God
ok, i read the tier list and a few things are wrong.

1. tanya hk,hk,csk,run lp,csk,run lp, flipkick which is only possible on p2 side of the machine was left out. also, her hk,hk,csk,run lp,csk, flipkick possible on both sides was left out.

2. reptile is #2 and scorp #3 although you are really splitting hairs when it comes to top 3.

3. reptile hp,hp,hk,hk,crawl,run lp,dash punch only possible on p2 side of the machine was left out.

4. reptile with weapon hk,lp,crawl,lp,crawl,hp was left out and it does more then inf with max damage set on.

5. jerek is ranked higher and his safe weapon launch was not put in the guide. jerek hp weapon launch is not safe vs some characters and never safe weapon vs weapon BUT if you poke with hk,d hp you get knee then safe uppercut on block but if the knee hits you get the hp weapon launcher instead.

6. MANY corner weapon corner block damage traps/weapon traps in general were not put in the guide.

7. raiden is ranked higher if no no other reason that his teleport can escape and punish many of the stupid weapon corner traps.

8. kai should be slightly higher because of is weapon corner traps.

9. quan chi should be lower.

10. sonya needs to be higher.

11. reiko is good but his difficulty to use and situational big damage make him lower.

other then these things i found the guide to be well done and very accurate. excellent job!
i've readed all this. and i agree with some stuff: tanya hk,hk,csk,run lp,csk,run lp, flipkick (7 hits, 46%) is possible on both sides; reptile's hk,lp,crawl,lp,crawl,hp (6 hits, 45%) works on both sides too.

i will fix that jarek wpn stuff you say. raiden's teleport in corner isnt that useful because he still teleports near the corner at the same side. quan chi is at this place because of his new hp,hp, sujk inf which opens 50%+ combo try.

can you list some of those corner blockable wpn traps, except kai, jarek, sonya and reiko?

thanks for the contribution thu

ok, first there r weapon corner inescapeables which im sure some people know about. an example is the battle axe. using any means to move the camera such as weapon aa jump hp, rh, or just ss... once you have the camera changed so that you are both in a corner with no room for push back then hp repeat cannot be escaped on block unless you have a weapon as well. if you try to escape you get hit and it starts all over again, there is no way out.

even in a standard corner situation its hard to get out. again take the battle axe.... hp,hp cannot be escaped without the opponent also having a weapon. this does good block damage and after the exchange theres a mixup. if you try to jump out its easy aa damage and again 2xhp block damage. if you try to run out slightly you can run them back into the corner and 2xhp again. if they try to run out of the corner with an attack you can crawl, weapon attack, etc.

if the opponent has a weapon out in a standard corner after battle axe hp is blocked, block or back up and the other weapon attack will be blocked for easy punishment or wiff for easy punishment again.

several weapons have traps similar to this and kai's weapon has an awesome standard corner trap that differs from the other weapons which i will go into later.

weapons change the tier list. for example, reptile is #2 BUT hes #1 once the battle axe is drawn. the battle axe is the best weapon over jareks black dragon sword. in the USA we had ways to make it almost impossible for the opponent to draw their weapon at all unless it was on hit. i remember in one of the test betas sub-zero had the battle axe, now that was BROKE!