What's new

MK4 Tier List

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The interesting thing with MK4 is how supremely broken it would become if turning off Maximum Damage were to be considered the preferred default playing boundary.

ded

Elder God
it is. the sujk/hk infs were actually hard to be useful in vs but those will make some characters very very broken.

for me what makes mk4 broken is the unblockable sujks.

Kazlaz

Noob
i think subs low on the tier list due to when you freeze it automaticly takes like half the combo damage away its retarted

MKK hanzo

hanzo if you are reading this, today thanks to FrozenWorm we've found new sujk infinites that can be used in vs game and if maxdamage is off they will make some charactes like quan and kai def top tiers LOL
LOL man I havent talked to him on a long time. Ok post anything you got.

Mario

Noob
MKK hanzo_hasashi said:
hanzo if you are reading this, today thanks to FrozenWorm we've found new sujk infinites that can be used in vs game and if maxdamage is off they will make some charactes like quan and kai def top tiers LOL
LOL man I havent talked to him on a long time. Ok post anything you got.
Yeah, I really want to see these sujk infinites! Does he mean hop kick infinites? Mid screen? How is that even possible? Or are these corner only infinites? And why do they affect Quan Chi's tier and not the others?

ded

Elder God
i was off for a couple of days because my pc blows off LOL

i wanted to put those infs in mk4 vid that i'm working on with selpex but depending on how fast he is working on it, i could just post them here

Mario

Noob
ded_ said:
http://mk.ediko.net/mk4/cage_inf.wmv
http://mk.ediko.net/mk4/sonya_inf.wmv
http://mk.ediko.net/mk4/chi_inf.wmv
http://mk.ediko.net/mk4/fujin_inf.wmv
http://mk.ediko.net/mk4/kai_inf.wmv

believe it or not they are easy to be done, you can even delay the SUJK and it will be unblockable

also probably 1876231 times easier than SUJK, HK infs which i will not consider to be usefull in a vs game

I swear I have seen these before in another combo video, or something very similar. I don't think they're new. And easy for you maybe (you are one of the only few that can do the UMK3 Reptile infinite in combat), but I just spent over an hour trying to master that infinite on real N64 hardware and controllers, and only got off four infinites in that time, all using Qaun Chi (max damage stopped it at 41%). I had numerous failures. It just doesn't feel gauranteed. That sujk has to be done in a very certain way so it won't turn into a knee attack. I'm still not quite sure why it sometimes works and why it sometimes doesn't. A bit random. Delaying the sujk did help a bit, but it's still too hard for me to perform consistently. I struggle just to get the first sujk out. I guess I need more practice, but as it stands now, I find the other max damage combos, like Scorpion's and Reiko's, far easier to perform (for ME). Even Human Smoke's advanced 40% plus juggle combos in UMK3 seem a lot easier. It didn't take me long to master those.

By the way, is this SUJK infinite possible with all characters? I was unable to get any SUJK connectors with Sub Zero, but I didn't spend a lot of time with him.

And can you post a vid of the high kick infinite?

ded

Elder God
Mario there are new and never before showed in a combo vid, maybe you are talking about HK, SUJK infs - which are hard as hell to do in a vs. Only Jarek, Sonya and Fujin has those infs because of their specific HK.

as for those infs if you noticed HP, HP is actually left elbow then right fist, with everyone else when you start HP, HP combo its right elbow and left fist, for some reason Cage, Quan Chi, Sonya, Fujin and Kai recovers faster because their different HP, HP started and that allows them to get unblockable SUJK, so the only characters who can do SUJK, HP, HP infs are those 5 (maybe some more in mkgold and hanzo said scorpion can do that infinite on arcade too).

I aggree the SUJK, HK infs were difficult but those using delay you can get at least 53% i think with Quan Chi (SUJK, HP, HP, SUJK, HP, HP, HK, D+HP, aaHP, Teleport Stomp). of course it will help for other characters too but i think quan chi will be mostly effected.

you want a vid of SUJK, HK infs? Watch MK Gold vol. 2 :wink:

i can understand if they are difficult at the beginning but with more practice they would be easy to pull off, its going something like this:

SUJK, HP, HP - Hold Up while the second HP hits, press immidiately HK and repeat or if you delaying its just SUJK, HP, HP, pause, UpxHK, repeat

ded_ said:
Mario there are new and never before showed in a combo vid, maybe you are talking about HK, SUJK infs - which are hard as hell to do in a vs. Only Jarek, Sonya and Fujin has those infs because of their specific HK.

as for those infs if you noticed HP, HP is actually left elbow then right fist, with everyone else when you start HP, HP combo its right elbow and left fist, for some reason Cage, Quan Chi, Sonya, Fujin and Kai recovers faster because their different HP, HP started and that allows them to get unblockable SUJK, so the only characters who can do SUJK, HP, HP infs are those 5 (maybe some more in mkgold and hanzo said scorpion can do that infinite on arcade too).

I aggree the SUJK, HK infs were difficult but those using delay you can get at least 53% i think with Quan Chi (SUJK, HP, HP, SUJK, HP, HP, HK, D+HP, aaHP, Teleport Stomp). of course it will help for other characters too but i think quan chi will be mostly effected.

you want a vid of SUJK, HK infs? Watch MK Gold vol. 2 :wink:

i can understand if they are difficult at the beginning but with more practice they would be easy to pull off, its going something like this:

SUJK, HP, HP - Hold Up while the second HP hits, press immidiately HK and repeat or if you delaying its just SUJK, HP, HP, pause, UpxHK, repeat
Dam crazy ass kombos!

MKK hanzo

Mario, at least these are inf far more reliable than other stuff like Sindel Fly cancel inf wich are almost not worth learning...

Mario

Noob
Ah, it was the HK infinite, that's what I recall seeing before (in that MKGOLD vid). Got them confused with the SUJK infintes. They look alike.

They're still a little too hard for me to perform consistently right now, but I'm a lot better with Johnny Cage for some reason. They look awesome, at least when I perform them. I delay the first SUJK, and then the next ones quickly increase in speed until they come out like lightning. It reminds me of those brutalitites from MK Trilogy.

Also, I have question about tier ranks, where do Goro and Noob Saibot fit into this? Goro is a boss but when you play as him, he seems to do normal damage.

ded

Elder God
Goro is GOD TIER in home versions of mk4, as for noob if there was a combination for his flip kick move (only cpu can do that) he would be a lot better

Mario

Noob
When I first picked him, I hadn't noticed that Goro takes a lot less damage than normal in two-player. Now I can see why he's God tier.

Hey Hanzo, I was watching some of your recent MK4 arcade vids, and I saw what appeared to be a SUJK infinite performed by Fuijen. Is that what it was?

Mario

Noob
I'm still having trouble with them in practice mode. There still seems to be a bit of randomness. Nowhere near as reliable as say, the UMK3 autocombos or even Scorpions' max damage combos, at least for me. Right now, I can pull the SUJK infinite off about 25% of the time, or lower. And as I'm sure you guys already know, it's best to break away from the infinite repitition at the very end of the combo and replace it with knee + roundhouse combination or other special move combination. I can get up to 48% that way as opposed to 41% if I just used the infinite without any variation. They also look better that way.

Anyway, what controllers are you guys using? I'm using the regular nintendo brand N64 controllers. Maybe that's the problem? I don't know.

Also, I found another character that can do the infinite - Shinnok! When he morphs into Cage, etc. heh