What's new

MK2 Tournament - Shao Kahn's Treasure Quest w/ $300 in Cash & Prizes!

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
Ok, so with the tournament coming up tomorrow, someone needs to explain to me what "tier level" means. I can't just pick the character I want? What is meant by "teams?"

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Ok, so with the tournament coming up tomorrow, someone needs to explain to me what "tier level" means. I can't just pick the character I want? What is meant by "teams?"
You assemble a 4-character team. The team must include one character from each of the designated tiers (see main post for info on the tiers.) So for instance, I need to select one low tier character for my team. I can choose either Reptile, Sub Zero, or Johnny Cage. I am stuck with that character for the rest of the match. The game begins with each player using their lowest tier character first. If I die with Cage, then I have to move up to the next tier level (Raiden, Scorpion, Baraka.) Same cycle repeats.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
How can you throw an instant air fan out of a walk animation? There is no recovery time in a walk animation for you to buffer the fan. Make a vid for me please.
I can't do it, it's just theoretically. Be the same as just doing one from a normal standing position. You'd have to time it perfectly and super fast. Anyway I think it's safe to say if anyone is doing walk forward IAF throws consistantly, they are auto-firing.

YourMKArcadeSource

This seems a bit too complicated for me. I am from Wichita and tomorrow is the final four. Wichita State hasn't been to the final four since 1965 and the tournament is right in the middle of the game tomorrow. I'd prefer to watch the game than compete in the tournament, but I don't want to be one of "those guys."

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
So currently we have 19 players signed up. When I create the brackets tonight, I will do it with two brackets of 16 facing each other and a separate bracket for losers directly underneath. Obviously, there will be some first round byes given out. I'll draw names from a hat and the first three (or however many) names drawn will receive the byes.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
This seems a bit too complicated for me. I am from Wichita and tomorrow is the final four. Wichita State hasn't been to the final four since 1965 and the tournament is right in the middle of the game tomorrow. I'd prefer to watch the game than compete in the tournament, but I don't want to be one of "those guys."
Understandable, it's your call. Let me know for sure by this evening so I can take you out of the bracket writeup if need be.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
We might be getting another MK2 heavyweight to enter. I just reached out to DavidGem one last time to see if he is interested.

edit: He's free and may join...keep eyes peeled!

YourMKArcadeSource

When I signed up for the tournament, I had NO idea that WSU would make it to the Final Four, so being from Wichita myself, I'd rather watch the game tomorrow than play in the tournament. Thanks for understanding. Please remove me. Sorry.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
When I signed up for the tournament, I had NO idea that WSU would make it to the Final Four, so being from Wichita myself, I'd rather watch the game tomorrow than play in the tournament. Thanks for understanding. Please remove me. Sorry.
No problem, good luck to the Shockers.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Gematria still may enter.
His password issue should have been resolved a while ago so he's clear to come on the site and enter. DavidGem told me he may be out late tonight but he will try to get in. I'll keep signups open as late as I can tonight to give these guys every opportunity to enter.