What's new

MK2 Tournament - Shao Kahn's Treasure Quest w/ $300 in Cash & Prizes!

Part of me thinks I should just quit, I dont know what happened or if its MKAK or what but I cant even beat anyone anymore, nobody.

Ive turned into a total joke in this game, no clue why or how.
Dookie, I think you just need to abandon the excessive golden punching. I know it's gonna be difficult because you are kinda hardwired to do it after all these years, but you would be better off without that strategy. It works well in a couple matchups, like with cage against scorp, but that's about it. Also, keep in mind that the lobby has a bunch of alternate accounts so if you're losing it's not to that many different people. Probably alot of repeats.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Lots of babies playing online in mk2. Wtf is there rank for?? I had a couple dudes yelling at me for have 1200 or something. I'm like wtf I just want to play win or lose.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Dookie, I think you just need to abandon the excessive golden punching. I know it's gonna be difficult because you are kinda hardwired to do it after all these years, but you would be better off without that strategy. It works well in a couple matchups, like with cage against scorp, but that's about it. Also, keep in mind that the lobby has a bunch of alternate accounts so if you're losing it's not to that many different people. Probably alot of repeats.
Maybe I need a reform or something idk, but Ill tell you this, ive never ever wanted to quit until recently. I bought a ps3 and now im getting my ass handed to me by every single player online.

yeah, breaking the GP's are going to be hard, been on them since 2008. idk what to do, its very frustrating actually

Maybe I need a reform or something idk, but Ill tell you this, ive never ever wanted to quit until recently. I bought a ps3 and now im getting my ass handed to me by every single player online.

yeah, breaking the GP's are going to be hard, been on them since 2008. idk what to do, its very frustrating actually
I'll be happy to chat with you while we play, so we can possibly figure out what's going on. Let me know.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Golden punches have a purpose if you are buffering a move out of them or knowingly setting up an AA combo. If you are just throwing them out for shits and giggles (not saying that's your intent) then people will eventually catch on and start sweeping or spamming projectiles for chip damage.

Golden punches have a purpose if you are buffering a move out of them or knowingly setting up an AA combo. If you are just throwing them out for shits and giggles (not saying that's your intent) then people will eventually catch on and start sweeping or spamming projectiles for chip damage.
nah, Ive never been one to just sit there and throw them out. I only use them for buffering and AA's, thats basically my whole and all use for them.

Ill be in the tournament, but if I dont see any improvement from myself, prob be it for me.

I'll be happy to chat with you while we play, so we can possibly figure out what's going on. Let me know.
prob could use this, may help. Like I said, idk whats going on, maybe you guys have taken it to a level I cant understand, maybe its mkak, either way, something the fuck is going on.

dookiebrain I don't understand why gamemk holds on to this idea, but nobody intentionally lags the game. Lag is just sometimes part of online play. It's as simple as that. Guys aren't standing by their router deviously trying to gain an advantage. That's absurd. The ONLY cheating that occurs is when people use auto fire controllers, and these people are few and far between. You can win against anyone. Online is in no way a hindrance to being competitive. Just figure out what you're doing wrong, and try to adjust. Like I said, I would be happy to help you if you want.

lol, i don't vn know what to think about mkak anymore. people can slide into me with sub or rep, and uppercut me before it even seems like i blocked the slide. missed jumpkick and jumppunches seem to skip frames right into uppercuts. it's funny. good luck to everyone playing, but ..... too much wacky stuff happens in that version. if you're not elite or close, it's almost anybody's game. imo. last time i played my roundhouse kicks were going through players.....rediculous.

lol, i don't vn know what to think about mkak anymore. people can slide into me with sub or rep, and uppercut me before it even seems like i blocked the slide. missed jumpkick and jumppunches seem to skip frames right into uppercuts. it's funny. good luck to everyone playing, but ..... too much wacky stuff happens in that version. if you're not elite or close, it's almost anybody's game. imo. last time i played my roundhouse kicks were going through players.....rediculous.
I see some occasional things happen that shouldn't, but I honestly don't understand what everyone's gripe is. Maybe I'm just used to it. Idk.

i think you're just faster, and few made the correct adjustment in their response time. anticipating the effects of lag sucks when jay's tossing iafs from 3 feet away, lol.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
After more consideration, the following adaptations have been added to the tournament this Saturday....
  • Flawless victories result in a guaranteed $25 cash prize per match
  • Winning all 4 matches with Reptile result in an additional $100 cash prize per occurrence
  • If I win, I become an admin here at TYM
  • If anyone else wins, they gain my lead moderator position at TYM

BTW, in case anybody hasn't figured this out yet....

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
No one is intentionally lagging the game, unless they want a better shot at beating elite players. Almost every match I lose online is in someway because of lag.
Og MK2 seems a lot smoother, I think that's why MKAK's hit points seem weirder, because it lags differently. Og lag just slows everything down, whereas MKAK has delay lag and gets choppy. I'm not sure which lag I hate more, but I take all online matches with a grain of salt.

Nice April fools, MKillBill. I wonder how many people started working on their Reptiles quick!

No one is intentionally lagging the game, unless they want a better shot at beating elite players. Almost every match I lose online is in someway because of lag.
Og MK2 seems a lot smoother, I think that's why MKAK's hit points seem weirder, because it lags differently. Og lag just slows everything down, whereas MKAK has delay lag and gets choppy. I'm not sure which lag I hate more, but I take all online matches with a grain of salt.

Nice April fools, MKillBill. I wonder how many people started working on their Reptiles quick!
No one is intentionally lagging the game period. Nobody does that as a way to beat better players. If you lose because of lag, it's simply because the connection sucked between you and your opponent.

There is 0 chance that that is true. You're 100% dismissing the possibility of the likelihood of an event that is actually possible. I could see if you said nobody can sprout wings and fly to the moon. If I know anything about human beings, it's that they will cheat if they can get away with it. That's like saying "nobody cheats on their wife". Nobody cheats on their taxes. Some people cheat, bro. It's that simple.

The difference is that this is your excuse against nearly everyone you play. You're known for this. If you lose they must be cheating right? You know better, but for some reason you're still hanging on to this crazy excuse. I understand that it's a possibility, but it's so unlikely that it's not worth even mentioning. I've played this game for years and never once had a situation that would make me think that someone did what you're suggesting. Let it go. You're losing because you get outplayed. It has nothing to do with online.

Edit* Your reference to Sosa and Mcgwire is not even comparable. They had alot of incentive to cheat. There is no such incentive to take drastic measures to win in MK2.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I won't deny the fact that there are people online who resort to lagging the game, but then again there are people out there who thought Roseanne Barr would have been a good president as well. In the 4-5 years I've been playing this game seriously, I've run across 2-3 players TOTAL who intentionally lagged the game. By and large, the vast majority of the people you play online are legit.

That said, LMAO @ the SI cover.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
While I'm at it, I'll remind everyone of the lag policy...

Without quoting the entire thing, in the FIRST ROUND ONLY you can quit after the first match if the lag sucks. After that, you MUST play the remaining matches. Remember that if you voluntarily quit the game at any time after the opening round, you are risking an automatic DQ from the entire tournament; not just getting thrown into losers bracket.

If you play online, you accept the risk of lag and need to play through it.

as much as I would like to blame it on lag, I cannot. I belive it is an issue with my playing.

gamemk, I do not believe anyone out there is purposely lagging the game, I do not believe that any player has found that for themselves lagging would be beneficial to them. I do however believe your statement about seeing different things than your oppenent sees them due to lag.

gamemk I do however believe your statement about seeing different things than your oppenent sees them due to lag.
I'll give gamemk the benefit of the doubt on this, although I've never noticed it happening. If they sweep me, it's because they were in range to sweep me. I've heard about this in fps games, but it's obvious when it happens. Like when you see them in front of you, but then all of a sudden they kill you from behind. It's almost as if they magically teleported. I've never seen any crazy shit like that in MK2. It should be just as obvious in MK2 if someone is intentionally causing it. If it's randomly occurring due to normal lag, then it doesn't really benefit either player.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I'll give gamemk the benefit of the doubt on this, although I've never noticed it happening. If they sweep me, it's because they were in range to sweep me. I've heard about this in fps games, but it's obvious when it happens. Like when you see them in front of you, but then all of a sudden they kill you from behind. It's almost as if they magically teleported. I've never seen any crazy shit like that in MK2. It should be just as obvious in MK2 if someone is intentionally causing it. If it's randomly occurring due to normal lag, then it doesn't really benefit either player.
I've never seen that happen in MK2 either. The worst MKAK lag just delays all your inputs about 2 seconds, making you have to predict what your opponent is going to do. That's far different than the "magical teleport" of FPS. But just as unfair and unfun.

CUKO28

Noob
Hey whats up fellas!
I got some bad news............
Im sorry MKillbill and Ththuvhul but i cannot enter this Tourny on saturday. Unexpected plans came up and its gonna interfere with this awesome Tourny. Maybe next time fellas.
At least now its even...18 peeps ;)