What's new

MK2-Pass The Crown Please!!! (PS3)

Pass The Crown Please!!!

Yeah it took me ahwile to setup MAME. Well the inital install of MAME was a breeze, I didn't have any problems with configuring buttons but the problem I had was trying to find working rom sets of all the mk games, save mk4. It took me, off and on, about three weeks to find an mk1 rom, now i just play turbo ninja everytime i play mk 1 lol.

X820

Noob
Pass The Crown Please!!!

dookiebrain said:
i completely disagree due to my personal experience with MAME.

its a fucking nightmare to setup. just setting up buttons is a disaster.has anyone FINALLY ficured out why when setting up buttons they fucking move and choose by themselves? i have had EVERY client, unstable nightmares!! i beg to differ, setting up mame is not easy at all. its not.

its just not going to work. its is PS3 only. MAME gives me problems each and every single time i use it.

*do a test, send a ps3 player instructions on how to setup MAME and buttons, watch 8 hours later no fucking progress and it wont work. prove me wrong, do a test. lets see how quickly a ps3 player who has never been on Kaillera can get setup. IT WONT HAPPEN, this has been an issue for a long time. Only a handful are actually able to successfully get setup on Kaillera with PS3 controllers or custom controllers.

if it was Kaillera AND PS3 there would be so many problems, the game would simply never start. It would be great tho if we could get it to be both Kaillera and MAME
That's a bug on your side bro, nothing to with MAME.

And, I've helped so many people get on Kaillera/P2P over the past years I lost count, 3 this week.

It can be done, it's takes some effort and the will to expand this competition and giving EVERYONE a chance at this.

Plus, as you know, p2p gives a MUCH better representation of actual matches as the connection via p2p i 95% of the time 100% better then ANY SERVER kind of play.

Pass The Crown Please!!!

X820 said:
That's a bug on your side bro, nothing to with MAME.

And, I've helped so many people get on Kaillera/P2P over the past years I lost count, 3 this week.

It can be done, it's takes some effort and the will to expand this competition and giving EVERYONE a chance at this.

Plus, as you know, p2p gives a MUCH better representation of actual matches as the connection via p2p i 95% of the time 100% better then ANY SERVER kind of play.
its just not feasable in this situation, if it becomes Kaillera AND PS3, all the sudden youll start to see everyone drop because they already tried MAME and it didnt work. 17 people signed up, who on that list is going to go setup MAME today? not 1 single person.

PS3 only, sorry, its the only way for QUICK and efficient challenges with NO, ABSOLUTELY no problems other then maybe some lag. if its KAILLERA and MAME, the game stops and for the next 10 pages we will be trying to get MAME to work for people, troubleshooting and all that BS.

ps3 players:

1. dont have time for the hastle for the MAME setup, they want quick matches with no BS.
2. dont understand kaillera, more time spent trying to help them out, kills the game.
3. button config issues, every single person has experienced DIFFERENT MAME problems.
4. it takes 2 to 4 hours to finally play successfully on MAME.

Its not happening. how can it? the game will turn into "pass the kaillera instructions" and then 10 pages later it turns into a "how to setup Mame" thread.

PS3 ONLY. unless someone wants to get ALL the ps3 players setup with MAME before Monday 3-15-2010. not happening.

Pass The Crown Please!!!

This means NOT all classicmk players can participate in this...so passing the crown" is not really a true crown since its limited too the players included. Should be called ps3 crown" then.
Also there is easy way too solve this as well : Players who play on ps3 AND mame can only sign in too praticipation. Thoes who use only ps3 can not. they will have time too setup mame while game is on, and sign in eventualy too challenge crown holders when they setup mame. Its not really a big deal. (ps: idea is really good thats why i actually wanted too participate in this)

X820

Noob
Pass The Crown Please!!!

dookiebrain said:
its just not feasable in this situation, if it becomes Kaillera AND PS3, all the sudden youll start to see everyone drop because they already tried MAME and it didnt work. 17 people signed up, who on that list is going to go setup MAME today? not 1 single person.

PS3 only, sorry, its the only way for QUICK and efficient challenges with NO, ABSOLUTELY no problems other then maybe some lag. if its KAILLERA and MAME, the game stops and for the next 10 pages we will be trying to get MAME to work for people, troubleshooting and all that BS.

ps3 players:

1. dont have time for the hastle for the MAME setup, they want quick matches with no BS.
2. dont understand kaillera, more time spent trying to help them out, kills the game.
3. button config issues, every single person has experienced DIFFERENT MAME problems.
4. it takes 2 to 4 hours to finally play successfully on MAME.

Its not happening. how can it? the game will turn into "pass the kaillera instructions" and then 10 pages later it turns into a "how to setup Mame" thread.

PS3 ONLY. unless someone wants to get ALL the ps3 players setup with MAME before Monday 3-15-2010. not happening.

Exactly what I said before, no will to do so..

Dread has a good point there, make it PS3 crown instead.

Good luck hosting man :)

Pass The Crown Please!!!

Dreadish said:
This means NOT all classicmk players can participate in this...so passing the crown" is not really a true crown since its limited too the players included. Should be called ps3 crown" then.
Also there is easy way too solve this as well : Players who play on ps3 AND mame can only sign in too praticipation. Thoes who use only ps3 can not. they will have time too setup mame while game is on, and sign in eventualy too challenge crown holders when they setup mame. Its not really a big deal. (ps: idea is really good thats why i actually wanted too participate in this)
thanks man, im so sorry i didnt have that figured out already. my bad guys.

* i could create the same game and hand it off to someone to manage kaillera players.......? idea?
X820 said:
Exactly what I said before, no will to do so..

Dread has a good point there, make it PS3 crown instead.

Good luck hosting man :)
thanks dude:) im working on it,lol

Pass The Crown Please!!! (PS3)

What if you did a PS3 crown and a Kaillera crown. Then, maybe make a sticky about setting up Kaillera and a little ways down the road when enough people set-up Kaillera you can you have this big Kaillera vs. PS3 competition.

I don't think setting people up with MAME+kaillera is going to be a huge challenge..

As I mentioned in my previous post, I'm willing to put together a tutorial/walkthrough (with all necessary download links), for setting someone up with with kaillera and MK2 (including the controls.) Here's what I said before:

john2kx said:
This is a shame, since some of the best players I've had the privilege of playing are on kaillera. And is there really such thing as a PS3-only player? I think anyone that has a PS3 probably has a PC.

What if one of us put together a tutorial (with download links and everything) that walks through setting up MAME+kaillera, the mk2 rom and the controls, all the optimal settings, etc..? Then maybe we could finally include the kaillera people..

a tutorial will not work. NOBODY is going to do it. trust me. see those 17 people on the list? it will go down to 3 people if they have to have kaillera or have to set it up.

its not easy!! those tutorials barley work, its different for everybody.

i feel everyones pain on this, i could easily hand off the artwork and game rules to someone that can manage kaillera players for the same game. and it would be easy.

EVERYONE on the list so far will have to drop out if they are required to use kaillera as well as PS3 with the exception of less then 5 players. just ask them. too much work, people want quick matches. "kaillera + PS3" cannot provide that efficiency.

game starts 3-15-10, if we add kaillera to the mix, game starts probably around april or may.fuck that.

im sorry, they cannot be mixed. it will not work. not everyone has time to dick around with kaillera and the bullshit problems it has. I have had all kaillera clients for 2 years, all fucking nightmare garbage and a pain in the ass to setup at first.

ask realtalk if he would try setting it up.

ask Yungnicca is he will try setting it up.

they will say NO, i guarentee it. and the reasons, too much work, too much BS.

how many people have tried mame and failed? LOTS!!!

btbb99

Noob

dook you are def right on this man. i have kaillera and i would have NEVER got this shit to work if it wasn't for gematria. there was these little bullshit problems going on that would not let me install it, the controller was prolly the easiest thing but i would have never been able to do that shit myself. people will give up on that shit fast.

it took me about 3 months of screwing around with mame and kaillera. Sometimes it didnt want to install or like trying to set up mame on diff pc's is a buzzkill too. I tried setting it up on my friends pc, after about 6 hours i got it to work but it wont let him adjust the screen resolution or anything like that.

ok, i hear you loud and clear dooks, but why not make it legal for 2 people to play on kaillera if they're both OK with it?

I mean, I'm willing to set up kaillera for myself to defend my K.Lao, and I'm sure a few others will be happy to do the same..

But for anyone that doesn't want to do it, no problem! They can just accept PS3 challengers.

So what do you say? Kaillera optional? I don't see how it would make things any more complicated.

John, that idea sounds great. let me know any loop holes for that to work and im down with it:)

Goofart

Mr. Sexy Pants

neat concept dookie! This thread should be stickied once this gets off the ground.

Here are a few suggestions:

1) Make it best out of 21 or an odd number to prevent a tied outcome.

2) detail the rules for crown holders (ie. a crown holder may *optionally* decline additional challenges for that month after meeting a certain number of successful defenses - something like about 8-12 each month. Of course if any crown holder wants to defend their title 1000 times in 30 days, feel free.) If a crown holder loses their title, perhaps allow a rematch clause after 1 week rather than wait the following month to win it back (provided if the person who took their crown is still champion at this time).

3) detail the rules for challengers (ie. challengers only allowed to compete for a specific crown once a month. ie. If you fight for Baraka's crown and lose, you have to wait till next month to try for the Baraka crown again - even if the crown changes hands to another player. You would be allowed to compete for other crowns during this period. Personally for now, I'd like to see a cap on challenges per month like somewhere around 4-5 just to prevent players from tossing out too many bogus challenges.)

Also set rules for challenges/crownholders that don't meet deadlines, etc..

Would be great if all these matches are recorded. Underwater lag matches should be thrown out the window.

Oh, and if I win the kitana crown, you can bet I'm gonna photoshop the trophy to match my signature :D

@goo, wow
Goofart said:
neat concept dookie! This thread should be stickied once this gets off the ground.

Here are a few suggestions:

1) Make it best out of 21 or an odd number to prevent a tied outcome.

2) detail the rules for crown holders (ie. a crown holder may *optionally* decline additional challenges for that month after meeting a certain number of successful defenses - something like about 8-12 each month. Of course if any crown holder wants to defend their title 1000 times in 30 days, feel free.) If a crown holder loses their title, perhaps allow a rematch clause after 1 week rather than wait the following month to win it back (provided if the person who took their crown is still champion at this time).

3) detail the rules for challengers (ie. challengers only allowed to compete for a specific crown once a month. ie. If you fight for Baraka's crown and lose, you have to wait till next month to try for the Baraka crown again - even if the crown changes hands to another player. You would be allowed to compete for other crowns during this period. Personally for now, I'd like to see a cap on challenges per month like somewhere around 4-5 just to prevent players from tossing out too many bogus challenges.)

Also set rules for challenges/crownholders that don't meet deadlines, etc..

Would be great if all these matches are recorded. Underwater lag matches should be thrown out the window.

Oh, and if I win the kitana crown, you can bet I'm gonna photoshop the trophy to match my signature :D

wow Goo those are very very good suggestions. Ill definitly have to consider what you stated and throw that in the mix. and yeah if people wanna photoshop their own trophys, then they can do that, adds their own personal touch to their wins. awesome idea!!!!

if you guys wanna make your own unique Crowns, im all for it. they MUST be the same dimensions as the final default Crowns however. just give them to me and ill add them to the active game board. Crowns MUST have the character and a Crown in the picture and when you lose them, back to the default crowns!!!!.

@Goo, dude im a major photoshop/picture editing retard. I have Gimp and other shit and no matter what i do, how i crop, i CANNOT get cutout rendered pictures of each character, see the Mileena crown? thats the only cutout picture with no border i can produce. can you help? I need 11 more, Mileena is done. I just need same pics but with NO border.

for example:

on mortal kombat warehouse i need the bio pictures, like this but with no border:

i cant get rid of the stupid white background,lol,lol

Goofart

Mr. Sexy Pants

dookie, I was cropping them each manually but noticed mkwarehouse does have them sans bg.

I zipped them and upped it here. The only ones they did not have was cage's original versus pic and raidens. I cropped raiden, but can't find a hold of sunglasses johnny.

They are transparent gifs man, so there shouldn't be a white border. If you open it in gimp and you get that white bg, it's because of gimp, not the files. :)

@Goo, dude im a major photoshop/picture editing retard. I have Gimp and other shit and no matter what i do, how i crop, i CANNOT get cutout rendered pictures of each character, see the Mileena crown? thats the only cutout picture with no border i can produce. can you help? I need 11 more, Mileena is done. I just need same pics but with NO border.

for example:

on mortal kombat warehouse i need the bio pictures, like this but with no border:

i cant get rid of the stupid white background,lol,lol
When I download them, they have no borders and they are .gif files. What section are you downloading them from?

EDIT: looks like Goo has it covered :)

guys, when you add them to a program like gimp, or right click them after you saved them and choose edit, they will have borders. im sorry im retarded with editting pics

dookiebrain said:
guys, when you add them to a program like gimp, or right click them after you saved them and choose edit, they will have borders. im sorry im retarded with editting pics
You sure they are actual borders and not the Gimp background? Try saving one of them with Gimp without editing anything and then just open them with Picture Viewer or whatever and see if it has a border still.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

I find it funny how Raiden is the last unclaimed player, yet the three people who like him the most (myself, David, Kaz) don't want him, lol

Goofart

Mr. Sexy Pants

dookie I haven't used gimp in like 10 years so I'm not sure if the tools are the same in PS.

Basically, open the file with gimp. if you see a white background, then select the magic wand selector tool and click anywhere on the white area. Then INVERT the selection (usually menu> select> invert) then CTRL + C.)

You can now paste this object onto a separate layer.

if you want to save this as a transparent gif (which is kinda pointless since those files I upped already are)

Then click menu> FILE > new ---- if there is a setting for WHITE or TRANSPARENT - choose transparent

Then CTRL V to paste it. Remember to save as either PSD or export as GIF - do not save as jpeg/bmp otherwise it will lose the transparent properties (ie flattened onto a white background.)

Lemme know if that works.

Goofart said:
dookie I haven't used gimp in like 10 years so I'm not sure if the tools are the same in PS.

Basically, open the file with gimp. if you see a white background, then select the magic wand selector tool and click anywhere on the white area. Then INVERT the selection (usually menu> select> invert) then CTRL + C.)

You can now paste this object onto a separate layer.

if you want to save this as a transparent gif (which is kinda pointless since those files I upped already are)

Then click menu> FILE > new ---- if there is a setting for WHITE or TRANSPARENT - choose transparent

Then CTRL V to paste it. Remember to save as either PSD or export as GIF - do not save as jpeg/bmp otherwise it will lose the transparent properties (ie flattened onto a white background.)

Lemme know if that works.
thanks Goo, i think i figured out how to do it.

You mean like this:

All you have to do is remove the white space from an editing program, knock it out and save as either gif or png. If you want I can do them for you just send me a zip and when I send it back to you then you can do what ever you want with them. I'm no pro, just know my way around these small things.

[Edit] Too late lol ;D