What's new

MK11 XBL & PSN Tourney

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
ill play u with my scorpion. Been practicing for lan tournament i have on july 6th
I have you added so I'll definitely play you sometime. I'm working on adjusting to online. Offline I can punish 8f gaps and reaction AA but online its a bit delayed but I'll figure it out maybe I just need to react 5f faster?
I used to play Scorpion and almost every character but I was a Jax and Kotal main since release this is my day 3 using Shang. I want to use Shang only because I feel he is both honest and strong and is my character in every way. I was getting board if all the others then I get Shang who can turn bad MUs into his favor.

Who else do you use Cuz I need MU expect for:
Geras
Cassie
Kano
Lao
D'Vorah
Jade
Jacqui

And maybe more, there is always new tech.

LawAbidingCitizen

I would meme myself even if I lost in an offline tournament.

Jokes aside tho I didn't know the setups of Dvorah. And I lost cause I couldn't adapt properly. Big 2 things I'm taking away from this tournament to work on and get better. Knowledge and adaptability!
Well I guarantee everyone lacks MU knowledge. Every day I'm discovering new Shang tech and universal tech. Just in the past week I found universal OS for wakeup with nearly every character, a frame trap that enforces other frame traps, bugs with Shangs ground skulls that makes it dashable and punishable, that I can combo off Shangs midscreen launcher F242, DB1 (3f link) And a way to buffer punish otherwise safe moves with flawless block (meterless)

The game is still early and we will get better as we go. Everyone here where good players and I truly had fun.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Wow those were good matches to watch, I missed the first 10 matches or so, had to update my computer damn thing was taking forever lol. Congrats to Prodigy, his Cassie was pretty crazy. Never saw anyone user her like that before. Props to ManiacFGC/BlackJesus for making GF.

Last edited:

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
That’s a wrap, guys! XBL Grand Finals are done and please join me in congratulating @Based Pr0digy as your winner! Results 10-4 over @ManiacFGC, and you sir put up one hell of a fight.

Very intense matches and we saw Sonya and Scorpion, we saw Sub, we saw Cassie, Geras. Awesome anti-air, sick finishes off krushing blows, and round ending FB combos. Couldn’t have expected more, major respect to these two.

@Based Pr0digy let me know where you would like your $50 VISA gift card sent and the first ever TYM XBL Tourney trophy.

Everyone, thanks again for playing and being part of an amazing experience. I had a blast and hopefully you all did too.

I would like to add that NOT ONE PLAYER complained about lag or connection. No player was a sore loser, everyone showed great sportsmanship. I’m very proud to see that, especially coming from a culture where sportsmanship is a tough subject. Also on that note, who says you can’t take online tourneys serious? :D

SEE YOU GUYS AT THE NEXT ONE AND THANK YOU!!!!

Last edited:
That’s a wrap, guys! XBL Grand Finals are done and please join me in congratulating @Based Pr0digy as your winner! Results 10-4 over @ManiacFGC, and you sir put up one hell of a fight.

Very intense matches and we saw Sonya and Scorpion, we saw Sub, we saw Cassie, Geras. Awesome anti-air, sick finishes off krushing blows, and round ending FB combos. Couldn’t have expect more, major respect to these two.

@Based Pr0digy let me know where you would like your $50 VISA gift card sent and the first ever TYM XBL Tourney trophy.

Everyone, thanks again for playing and being part of an amazing experience. I had a blast and hopefully you all did too.

I would like to add that NOT ONE PLAYER complained about lag or connection. No player was a sore loser, everyone showed great sportsmanship. I’m very proud to see that, especially coming from a culture where sportsmanship is a tough subject. Also on that note, who says you can’t take online tourneys serious? :D

SEE YOU GUYS AT THE NEXT ONE AND THANK YOU!!!!
Great games everyone. There’s some crazy good players in here. I even watched the ps4 side, u guys r crazy good. Thanks for the opportunity you guys

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
It still says the tournament is "live".
My bad, I put the final score but didn’t end it yet. It’s fixed now.
Great games everyone. There’s some crazy good players in here. I even watched the ps4 side, u guys r crazy good. Thanks for the opportunity you guys
Hell yeah man thanks for joining us and definitely look forward to seeing you in the next one. My only regret is I wish there was a universal console. Lol

LawAbidingCitizen

Congrats @Based Pr0digy And @ManiacFGC
I think me and Kombat Chef got 3rd on XBOX side, kinda bummed I can't play PS4 players because I seen some awesome players over there. It was some great sets and It was nice playing solid players who challenged me as a player which made me adjust and adapt.
Congrats to everyone because I can honestly say there where no bad players.

I hope we can regularly practice together and share tech and ways to punish tools so we grow as players and come out stronger for it. If anyone wants to know how to punish Shang I'll gladly share. I'd rather I get punished so I have to adapt and weed out bad habits.

Everyone was super respectful and I had a blast with everyone I played.
I want to see the GFs of both sides when they are uploaded to YouTube. I also need my matches and my brothers so I can analyze it to see what I did wrong and find ways to improve. I plan on going to a major when I'm ready and have the money to.

@Dreamcatcher
I hope the next one is soon. It will be awesome to have a losers bracket next time so we can see some hype comeback out of losers pools.

Wazurau

FGC Since '97
Congrats @Based Pr0digy And @ManiacFGC
I think me and Kombat Chef got 3rd on XBOX side, kinda bummed I can't play PS4 players because I seen some awesome players over there. It was some great sets and It was nice playing solid players who challenged me as a player which made me adjust and adapt.
Congrats to everyone because I can honestly say there where no bad players.

I hope we can regularly practice together and share tech and ways to punish tools so we grow as players and come out stronger for it. If anyone wants to know how to punish Shang I'll gladly share. I'd rather I get punished so I have to adapt and weed out bad habits.

Everyone was super respectful and I had a blast with everyone I played.
I want to see the GFs of both sides when they are uploaded to YouTube. I also need my matches and my brothers so I can analyze it to see what I did wrong and find ways to improve. I plan on going to a major when I'm ready and have the money to.

@Dreamcatcher
I hope the next one is soon. It will be awesome to have a losers bracket next time so we can see some hype comeback out of losers pools.
I have all the matches except for your last semi final game and gfs on my youtube. I'll see if I can somehow get the vods from Dreamcatcher's Mixer stream, cause i exported mine from my twitch stream
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCsk8yG0YDydsMtgIePMeEQ

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Let me know when the results are submitted. I'm not sure I know where to find it.
You could find it on the Events page under the MK11 Rankings tab!

https://testyourmight.com/rankings/events/?league=1

https://challonge.com/TYM_MK11_Tourney_XBL im not sure how to submit it to the site for points tho, but i do think dreamcatcher posted earlier in the thread about it
Only the mods and myself could enter the tournaments onto the website. I've been helping Storms with it for a bit now.

If anyone has any tournament (local, weekly, monthly, w.e.) that they'd like to submit, just let me know and I could put it into the system!!!

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Later today I will post a follow up thread for discussion on future tourneys and also a possibility of a "TYM member league"... stay tuned.

By the way, I will unlock the tourney conversations in your inbox if you would like to leave direct feedback there as well that you don't want to post publicly. (tourney entrant conversation)

edit: We will also work on combining all match videos we have into one place so everyone can watch them!