What's new

MK11 XBL & PSN Tourney

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
MK11 Online Tourney
June 22nd-23rd (both consoles XBL & PSN)
REGISTRATION and RULES

SHANG TSUNG ALLOWED
DEADLINE TO REGISTER THURSDAY JUNE 20th by midnight EST

* XBL TOURNEY BRACKET: Click Here *
* PSN TOURNEY BRACKET: Click Here *

BASIC GUIDELINES

- You may enter both console tourneys, also eligible to win both prizes
- 1st Place prize of a $50 VISA Gift Card
- TYM members only, must signup in this thread to compete (bringing new members here highly encouraged!)
- MAKE SURE TO TURN ON PUSH NOTIFICATIONS THROUGH TYM TO STAY UP TO DATE AND HELP SAVE EVERYONE TIME

GAMING STRUCTURE
- Single elimination
- Bracket seeding will be based on duration of started TYM membership
- Prelims are first to 3 wins, after that is first to 5 wins (including semi-finals) until finals which will be first to 10 (winner stays, loser may change character any number of times between match... hidden cursor is allowed if desired)
- Button checks or a "reasonable" amount of time for practice/warmup within window is fine

- Exceptions can be made for players with extreme differences in time zone, we will work it out as we go (esp. diff countries)

- Semifinal Rounds will be Tournament stage only, Final Round will be any of the 3 Hourglass stages. (both consoles)
- TOURNAMENT VARIATIONS ONLY

CONNECTION ISSUES

Wifi connection is allowed, but wired is highly recommended for obvious reasons. If you are matched up with someone that you have blatantly high ping/yellow or red bars and can prove it, a decision could be made at the time. Should you finish your set, you CANNOT go back and say that the connection caused the loss for any reason. Bad connections must be acknowledged before playing so the correct adjustment can be made. Mics/headsets are suggested to provide clear communication before and after the set, muted during the set is completely fine. (as most or all will likely do anyway)

WIN VALIDATION

We will likely try to stream some matches if possible, or have at least one person join as AFK. If neither option is available and both players are ready, we will operate on a basic honor system to report matches. Please include full score of match wins and losses. If there are any discrepancies, they will be resolved by going to the playback or some other way deemed fit. It goes without saying, but if a player doesn't play within the time window without a reason stated for absence, they will be disqualified.
To assist with sitting AFK to help report results and stay organized, I would need a volunteer (more than one is fine too) for PSN and XBL if anyone is interested in helping with that.

FINAL MESSAGE

Feel free to just reply in thread to register. If you do enter, please make sure you will be available to play your matches in a timely fashion. The $50 VISA gift card can be mailed to anywhere you choose, it's meant to be just a fun incentive to compete at a high level and not basic casual play.

I will tag anyone that has already shown interest or that I think might want to play. If I miss your name don't be mad at me, just signup! :)

@Juggs @Kindred @Vslayer @Kombat Chef @Matador Fiend @Ck AeroVoid @SaltShaker @lionheart21 @ShepherdOfFire @Tanya-Fan-28 @DDustiNN @MKF30 @STB Sgt Reed @Professor Oak @Eldriken

Last edited:

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
If there are entrants in odd amounts over 16, extra sets will need to be played to determine final seeding. (FT3 wins FRIDAY JUNE 21st 2pm-10pm EST)

Preliminary (as needed): June 21st starts @ 2MP EST, ends 10PM EST. (FT3 wins only)
Round 1/2 XBL, Round 2/3 PSN: June 22nd starts @ 2PM EST, ends 10PM EST. (must play your matches FT5 by end of that window)

Semi-Finals: June 23rd starts @ 2PM EST, ends 8PM EST (must play your matches FT5 by end of that window)
Final Round: June 23rd starts @ 8PM ends when complete (FT10)

Gamer tags and brackets posted as registration is over on June 20th midnight EST.

PSN Entrants:
Dreamcatcher
Vslayer
ZeroSymbolic
NightTrauma
XxTheGoblinX
SaltShaker
coconutshrimp
FanTalk
MrArcher15
SHAOLIN
lionheart21
Professor Oak
Careerpancakes
The_Tile
STB Sgt Reed
Shanedawg1995
Jonni_boy33
jakealo
ChadHaveMercy
xKMMx

AFK: karaokelove
Vslayer

XBL Entrants
Dreamcatcher
MKF30
Ck AeroVoid
Kombat Chef
ColdBoreMK23
YoungTeezy 305
Sesal Snow
Juggs
Hellbringer
Inzzane_79
Zer0_h0ur
Amirluc
LawAbidingCitizen
PreNerf_
KutlessMyth

AFK: ColdBoreMK23 (thank you!)

Tourney Stream Playlist:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Preliminary (as needed): June 21st starts @ 2MP EST, ends 10PM EST. (FT3 wins only)
Round 1/2 XBL, Round 2/3 PSN: June 22nd starts @ 2PM EST, ends 10PM EST. (must play your matches FT5 by end of that window)

Semi-Finals: June 23rd starts @ 2PM EST, ends 8PM EST (must play your matches FT5 by end of that window)
Final Round: June 23rd starts @ 8PM ends when complete (FT10)

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

Just a heads up: only the first 5 people tagged in a post will receive a notification for it. I just happened to stumble into the thread. =P

Sounds interesting. Depending on my work schedule, I'll try and make it.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Just a heads up: only the first 5 people tagged in a post will receive a notification for it. I just happened to stumble into the thread. =P

Sounds interesting. Depending on my work schedule, I'll try and make it.
Damn, I didn't know that about the tags... LOL. And sounds good, hopefully we can get a nice full bracket!

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Also give me a message on xbxL for exact time if you can! (I'm not allowed over 2 and a half hours AT ONCE. I will specify more later if need be @Dreamcatcher
There won't be an exact time to play your matches, just within the window. So for example, if you and I played we would just communicate what time between the window works best for us... then play first to 5 wins. It's if someone can't be contacted or doesn't show up online by the end of the window is when you have disqualifications and stuff like that.

1st Round of bracket: June 22nd starts @ 2PM EST, ends 10PM EST. (must play your matches FT5 by end of that window)
2nd Round (semifinals): June 23rd starts @ 2PM EST, ends 8PM EST (must play your matches FT5 by end of that window)
Final Round (finals): June 23rd starts @ 8PM ends when complete (FT10)
Is it okay if I register like Thursday or Friday (even if I'll probably notice you earlier anyways) ? Because it lasts until 4am for me (I'm in France, so BST+1) and I don't know yet if I will be able to stay awake that late.

- First to 5 wins, until finals which will be first to 10
FT5 or BO5 ?

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Will there be any practices or's that between the Kombatants wether they want to or not
Is it okay if I register like Thursday or Friday (even if I'll probably notice you earlier anyways) ? Because it lasts until 4am for me (I'm in France, so BST+1) and I don't know yet if I will be able to stay awake that late.

FT5 or BO5 ?
Bo5?

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder

FT5 or BO5 ?
Heck yeah, we can definitely work something out since you're in a much different time zone. I'm sorry I hadn't considered that, I will definitely add an exception to extreme differences in time zones between players. :)

And first to 5 wins. Winner stays, loser may change between match any number of times.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Will there be any practices or's that between the Kombatants wether they want to or not

Bo5?
I added that a "reasonable" amount of time for practice or warmup is fine, but both players must be up front about it. Both players must know exactly when they are starting so there's no confusion or someone trying to back out of losses. This is why someone else being AFK would be helpful in a KOTH type lobby. (still need a volunteer or two since I won't be able to see all matches at the same time probably)

And I like first to 5 better than BO5 because we might only have 8-16 entrants for either tourney (unless this really takes off), so we might as well make sure there's enough actual playing time to grind it out.

Last edited:
Heck yeah, we can definitely work something out since you're in a much different time zone. I'm sorry I hadn't considered that, I will definitely add an exception to extreme differences in time zones between players. :)

And first to 5 wins. Winner stays, loser may change between match any number of times.
I'm okay with the current date and hours, I don't sleep a lot anyways, don't change the whole thing just for me.
I just need time before confirming my participation to the tournament :)

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I'm okay with the current date and hours, I don't sleep a lot anyways, don't change the whole thing just for me.
I just need time before confirming my participation to the tournament :)
No problem! I definitely don't want to restrict anyone from playing just because they live far away. Let me know and we'll add you. ;)