What's new

MK11 XBL & PSN Tourney

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Lmao but honestly bro you were playing solid just be more patient and dont over extend yourself.
Stay grounded, play footsies and make reads, I blocked and punished Jax fatal blow like 3 times to win, but if I didnt you mightve won 5-2. And Jax has 50/50s so just throw em in every now and then to condition. Or just play the solid old man game like Shao, grab, whiff punish and safe pressure lol
That's the power of shao kahn I think. I felt like I had to jump to get into my F3 and F2 range cause shao's attacks seem super long reaching. Zoning felt pretty decent against him tho, perhaps that's the key?

you mean B2 and B3? I usually do use them, I guess I lose track of stuff like that vs people that are super good cause I feel like they would punish it. You're right can't be scared. Gotta do it.

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
That's the power of shao kahn I think. I felt like I had to jump to get into my F3 and F2 range cause shao's attacks seem super long reaching. Zoning felt pretty decent against him tho, perhaps that's the key?

you mean B2 and B3? I usually do use them, I guess I lose track of stuff like that vs people that are super good cause I feel like they would punish it. You're right can't be scared. Gotta do it.
Yea Zone first and make me come to you, make me play your game.
I think the F2,d4? Thats the OH punch into low thats not reactable and a little weird to punish sometimes. In the beginning of our set you hit me with it twice and boom I lost two games lol thats all it takes.

The long reaching move I was throwin out to check you is a high, If you make the read its a easy uppercut KB. But the thing is I have to be close to do damage. Jax doesnt, he can outzone him, but if he gets in close your all right cuz you got good up close moves to fight me off.

But dont disrespect too much cuz I remember you were abusing that D1 into something on block that was really fast. Sometimes its better to just wait for me to make mistakes, just like they do in chess

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Yea Zone first and make me come to you, make me play your game.
I think the F2,d4? Thats the OH punch into low thats not reactable and a little weird to punish sometimes. In the beginning of our set you hit me with it twice and boom I lost two games lol thats all it takes.

The long reaching move I was throwin out to check you is a high, If you make the read its a easy uppercut KB. But the thing is I have to be close to do damage. Jax doesnt, he can outzone him, but if he gets in close your all right cuz you got good up close moves to fight me off.

But dont disrespect too much cuz I remember you were abusing that D1 into something on block that was really fast. Sometimes its better to just wait for me to make mistakes, just like they do in chess
Ah F2D4... yeah I don't use that often vs anyone cause it's -20.

The long reach wasn't just the F2, I just mean in general he seems to have longer range than jax even with jax's F2 being a forward moving move. Like the mid kick shao has, the F4, and his shoulder.

That last sentence is such a good point lol. I'm always trying to keep my turn because it takes me so many openings to kill someone if jax doesn't get his KBs off. I need to just make you come in. Thanks for the insight dude!

ZeroSymbolic

Motor City Warrior
No, and a decision needs to be made. It's one thing to have a broad window to play, which I admit I should have split in two halves today. That's on me and I apologize. But firm check-ins should have been required at or before 2pm EST today as well. We can't have people waiting to play winners of matches before them until God knows when, so it's more fair to DQ the "no shows" whether intended or not than to push this out further. Because if we continue to wait for them, other people's availability changes and they might not be able to play in the matches they fought to get to in the first place.

The following players have ONE HOUR to check-in and set a firm time with their opponent on when they will play, or they will be DQ'ed:
@ColdBoreMK23
@NightTrauma

@ZeroSymbolic
The way I read the bracketI had a by in the first round while two other guys played for the spot I'd start against. I'm still down to play and I'm available pretty much anytime tomorrow after noonish eastern time.