What's new

MK11 SHANG TSUNG Discussion

FWIW, f24 screaming soul cancel b11 lift microdash j1 d2 does 281 dmg. If you suspect breakaway, just d2 is 276 dmg through it (and 265 if they didn't break).

Last edited:

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Is there a custom variation(s) that is universally agreed-upon or are we still feeling things out?

Also have the week off of Christmas so don't have a lot of things going on, would anybody be interested if I did a video for them? Like a visual representation of there combos or some tech they would like to post but can't have the time to do the video.

Let me know.

Parasurama

Dragon
omg that actually reaches, though it looks like it doesn't. Thanks, I missed that, because it is pretty specific, though I got it down after a moment. Doesn't really make much of a difference damage-wise on hit, but half the bar is back after the combo anyway.
Just some questions for Shang mains.
What is your and everyone’s best Shang Kustom? What does everyone think of the Cetrion and Jacqui match up? Is crashing Flames with exploding corpses a good idea after damage nerf?

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Alright time to learn a new character to keep things fresh.

Can Shang still do starter into exploding corpse into juggle into reptile slide KB mid screen?
@Evil Canadian like in your Shang video?

It feels like Shang is in the minority in the cast that's truly blessed with multiple strong, viable custom configurations.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Alright time to learn a new character to keep things fresh.

Can Shang still do starter into exploding corpse into juggle into reptile slide KB mid screen?
@Evil Canadian like in your Shang video?

It feels like Shang is in the minority in the cast that's truly blessed with multiple strong, viable custom configurations.
The only thing NRS changed IIRC was the launch on b12(kb) so all combos you've seen should work but I don't personally use the move so I don't know what the optimal are.

But yes, Shang has awesome customs. Combo extenders in Ermac, Rain, Ex Corpse, Ground Inferno and Screaming Souls, along with other useful moves and his base kit is great.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
I'm not a Shang main, but I do enjoy playing him and I didn't see any sort of match critique thread so I guess I'll just post it here. Looking for some feedback on how to improve. Thanks in advance!

TeknoOdin

DR. GreenBaneFateArrCrow
Just some questions for Shang mains.
What is your and everyone’s best Shang Kustom? What does everyone think of the Cetrion and Jacqui match up? Is crashing Flames with exploding corpses a good idea after damage nerf?
ive made in depth guides on all the characters kustoms right now im taken by ground eruption and superkick/shake i have my maind keepaway tools and depending on the opponent i can either keep the corner and get some combo damage with super kick, or take away their zone game with shake

Art Lean

Noob
2 jacketless shirt colors for Shang in the shop today. They're the darker shade ones.

So now all jacket colors have been released, but we're still missing 2 shirt color options after these - slightly lighter yellow vest + blue pants, purple vest + yellow pants.

So really, we're not missing anything.
The last two skin shades for jacketless Shang are in the Race Against Time this week. Only took the best part of a year :laughing: