What's new

MK11 Kano Discussion

kantboy-2

Ripper
Did the Joker update patch fuck up Kano's parry brutality yet again?

First with Terminator, fixed with Sindel, now I can't do it again.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Ive been trying out dirtbag and he seems fun but is there a way to use molotov ? Every time i thorow it out i get punished or enemy just avoid it and jumps out .

Is it normal that after you throw the molotov and do a command grap rightaway into the fire both you and the opponent ends up getting throwed away? sorry for my eng aint my native language but hope i could make myself understood

kantboy-2

Ripper
I don't think so. I was able to do it last night
Then I suck, yet again. Thanks for checking.

The flame damage from the Chem. Burn into Molotov is what breaks up the throw animation. It acts like a tower modifier in a sense.

Molotov is a good set up, but it takes practice. Use late amplified Chem Burn for up close.

kobrafan79

R.I.P Kobra 2004-2015 we hardly knew ye.
Has anyone messed with the idea of using both manhandled and snakebite in the same variation? I feel like it will most likely be his fourth competitive variation because they are made to work together. With this combination he gets both a low and over head starter and. Now that he has a good kid people can't just d1 disrespect him anymore.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
So I’m picking up Ratbag for fun, any tips? Notable normals?
Also I’ve found that you can do starter~snake bite AMP, 11, 11, 22~ender for even more damage than doing 11, F2~ender. Is this more optimal or am I able to squeeze out something more?

Mandolore1123

What should I be doing in the realm of fatal blow combos? Or anti-breakaway combos? For Ratbag.

Mandolore1123

Not sure if this is already know, but apparently V3 Sindel can duck under optic blast during the animation of her low projectile. Kano can still land KBs and such but I think it has to be very early in her animation (ie optic blast is done much earlier than Sindel's low projectile) or late (when Sindel is standing back up). Normally though her projectile beats optic blast cleanly :(

Zviko

Noob
How do you guys deal with characters who can duck the spit? Kano's down pokes are so bad on hit so he only gets F1 but even that is 3f window for jail. But when you can't even use the whole string it's a real problem. I feel like Kano is a nightmare to play against mashers. I really wish D1 had at least 2 or 3 more frames of hit advantage. Just make it -7 on block and long block stun, I don't care. I just want that hit advantage man. For every character. Make it +15 like Joker's ffs...

Can someone point me in the direction of some Kano Ripper tech, or advances strats, all I can find is combo videos...

I want to up my Ripper gameplay

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
Can someone point me in the direction of some Kano Ripper tech, or advances strats, all I can find is combo videos...

I want to up my Ripper gameplay
This discord has a lot of info
Kano Discord

You can also watch Biohazards Twitch and try and pick up some stuff that way too.