What's new

MK11 Kano Discussion

CO-KANO

psn: UNFUCxWITABLE_1

Attachments

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
Idk if this is already known but I found an inescapable 100-0 combo on opponents with no meter. The setup is probably unrealistic and a bit precise though so it likely wouldn't find use in a real match, but it's pretty neat nonetheless.

Delayed wakeups do not save you. Getup attacks/rolls will get you out of it (which is why it's only guaranteed on an enemy with no meter) but if you read their getup option they'll be put right back in it.

Lmk if I should post a vid

CO-KANO

Idk if this is already known but I found an inescapable 100-0 combo on opponents with no meter. The setup is probably unrealistic and a bit precise though so it likely wouldn't find use in a real match, but it's pretty neat nonetheless.

Delayed wakeups do not save you. Getup attacks/rolls will get you out of it (which is why it's only guaranteed on an enemy with no meter) but if you read their getup option they'll be put right back in it.

Lmk if I should post a vid
Post a video

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
Post a video
You can start it from either jump in kick or B2. Don't know if anything else works. The enemy is hit by an unblockable combo starting stun on the first frame of getting up so only getup options can be used to attempt to escape. The molotov lasts long enough so that delayed wakeups don't work. Read a get up option and they are back into it and are forced to use another bar to try escaping again. Getup options get rid of the chemical DoT while in the molotov for some reason, otherwise it'd be a true 100-0 even with meter. As of now, it's only true on opponents without meter unless you can cover all options, which I haven't experimented with. Maybe it can be true even with meter!

Fyi setting up the molotov in the right spot is a bitch.

Legion DC

"Another weakling..."
Does it feel like these kharacters have different walk speeds??
I feel like some kharacters move faster than Kano.

CO-KANO

You can start it from either jump in kick or B2. Don't know if anything else works. The enemy is hit by an unblockable combo starting stun on the first frame of getting up so only getup options can be used to attempt to escape. The molotov lasts long enough so that delayed wakeups don't work. Read a get up option and they are back into it and are forced to use another bar to try escaping again. Getup options get rid of the chemical DoT while in the molotov for some reason, otherwise it'd be a true 100-0 even with meter. As of now, it's only true on opponents without meter unless you can cover all options, which I haven't experimented with. Maybe it can be true even with meter!

Fyi setting up the molotov in the right spot is a bitch.
Thats a beautiful thing

For some reason, spamming D1 with Kano seems to piss people off to the point where they make stupid mistakes. That's when you use command grabs. Command grabs even work against wake rolls. Lol. It's a good thing I used commando religiously in MKX. I can throw out command grabs without ticks most of the time. Even though Kano feels underwhelmed at times, he generates a lot of hate mail. I have 21 messages so far.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Some good tips guys. I still think he's low mid or low tier but so is Shao Kahn too.

Oh well. Mkx Kano got very popular after Evo so there's that.

On the other hand mk9 Kano was viable at launch and after patch 1 or 2 then just couldn't compare to the rest of that cast.

Meh.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
I think he’s way better than everyone is making him out to be. Definitely but not as bad as Dvorah like wtf. He’s got a solid command grab, one of the best projectiles in the game, and decent mid range normals and anti airs to keep an opponent honest. If his f1 was good he would be very strong imo.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
How do y'all feel about fighting Cassie Cage? So far, I find it to be very frustrating, but I'm still learning.

seanpon

Noob
How do y'all feel about fighting Cassie Cage? So far, I find it to be very frustrating, but I'm still learning.
How do you deal with cassie's 9 frame mid? That mid is also plus zero on block and the 2nd string leads to an OH. Do you just block the OH after the mid, but then she can always stagger and go for a throw or other options. I'm having trouble fighting her as kano. Cassie just feels leagues better than kano

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Any character with a 9frame mid that could initiate their pressure straight out of blocking one of Kano's D1s is going to give Kano big problems.

Liu Kang, Cassie, Jacqui, Jax, and even Erron (with his 11f) all come to mind.
I personally think Kano is on the losing end on all these matchups, even though they are doable.

Kano's main tools are his command grab and a 241+3 which are both high. Once the opponent knows to disrespect even when they are negative, Kano will be forced to either F2 or D1 of his own. F2 is punishable though and D1 ends his turn and the 9f mid pressure starts again.

It's still very doable, but you have to play very well on defense to consistently make it out of the 9f mid pressure because it will happen A TON in every fight.

Against Cassie, just know the range that you could punish Low Gunshots with KanoBall.

Kano can now be punished with a crushing blow from his command grab. The command grab is the only thing keeping Kano in the fight right now and they do this. It's only 130 damage! How could you nerf an already low tier character. Instead of a gameplay patch we get stealth nerfs.
I'll probably have to try another character after this shit.

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
I feel like getting good with Kano is going to make me a better fighting game player. Learning conditioning, spacing, and reading the opponent (especially for parries) is essential to playing Kano at high level. He can brute force his way through inexperienced players who don't know the matchup, but when you run into someone who knows to OS the 2,4,1+3 string and punishes every f2 and f3 it's going to make you play smarter.

Or make you switch to Geras.

i need someone to teach me the kano matchup :(
With Kano, in ranked and tourney play, you’re mostly be up against Ripper as, right now, Dirtbag isn’t strong enough.

Basically, beyond learning the punishes for each move, the thing to remember with Kano is that he has an option for every situation, but most of the time that’s all; one option. Full screen he can only throw knives, mid screen he only really has b3 as a safe, long distance mid poke. If you get sloppy with your zoning, he can f4 under it, but it’s punishable on block. F2 (advancing low) and b2 (mid launcher) are punishable, f12 is high high and easily punished. F4 (overhead) has narrow range and is reactable.

Command grab range is the only range that you can get really mixed up, with overhead/low mix ups, throws and parries. However, nothing is safe, if you guess right you’ll (mostly) get a bigger reward than if Kano guesses right.

Trevor

Noob
NRS are such aholes...why wouid they further nerf Kano. They made it so the new patch allows players to punish command grab with d2. WTF.