What's new

MK11 Kano Discussion

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
Also eye laser being a mid will make peeps jump more so combos with B2 and snake might be good and Kano ball punishment on jumps is a thing, all theory tho. Not saying it's good yet but it is interesting that you can reversal snake on strings for unsafe mids but they are mids that hurt. Guess f2 counter is not much different but if you mix it with snake counters it is not a true mix but gets peeps thinking's and now your throws with 2 KBs might be more Strong.
I like that eye laser is mid, it should in theory make them jump more so they can jump into b2..good theory.
Im Just so used to b1 mb knives...eye laser not being good up close makes me squirm a bit, time will tell i want kano as my main. I mained him in MKX. Commando

kinger

Noob
I like that eye laser is mid, it should in theory make them jump more so they can jump into b2..good theory.
Im Just so used to b1 mb knives...eye laser not being good up close makes me squirm a bit, time will tell i want kano as my main. I mained him in MKX. Commando
B1will probably only be usable in corner where it combos with snake but at that point f2 just as good cept snake will come out on block. Just a thought but in new variation b1 and f4 will not have a place, but Kano will now be all high risk high reward up close. With an annoying mid projectile. But at least the risk gets a better reward. I think the high risk reward is what they wanted in the first place with Kano.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Snake bite is for constant damage off any normal which is top 5 moves but kanos issue is his piss poor amount of options and his shitty frame data which he cant jail highs still and get mediocre daamge with no ability to go past the average of 36 for 2 bars. It wouldnt be so bad if his b1 was 9f like it should be and he could jail highs, and HAD LEGIT KRUSHING BLOWS.

HiddenSelectCounterPick

D1 / d1 kano ball is now d1 / d1 snake bite. Cool
Sarcasm but he's still bad....i tried the variation out in non competitive and got mopped.
He needs lumbar check to be useful with snakebite having bad basic moves and mostly highs earns him 0 respect.

D1s only get you so far.. and if you do d1 into snakebite on block he still does it and is open for gigantic punish.....

Edit: It's not like doing d1 kanoball because you have the option to amp it for a gimmick.

Doing (D1) His best move lol into snakebite on purpose hoping for them to mash is asking to remove half of his bloody sausage for no reason. To sit in recovery with his back turned. They should add lumbar check OR give him the combo extenders that are in Ripper imo.

Last edited:

MagicMan357

Sarcasm but he's still bad....i tried the variation out in non competitive and got mopped.
He needs lumbar check to be useful with snakebite having bad basic moves and mostly highs earns him 0 respect.

D1s only get you so far.. and if you do d1 into snakebite on block he still does it and is open for gigantic punish.....
All you can do with kano is d1 into b1 to reset neutral. Then he legit needs lumbar check because non of his moves open up the opponent (which for his archetype makes no sense). Then he has a one hitting mid thats 13frames, like his design makes no sense.

HiddenSelectCounterPick

All you can do with kano is d1 into b1 to reset neutral. Then he legit needs lumbar check because non of his moves open up the opponent (which for his archetype makes no sense). Then he has a one hitting mid thats 13frames, like his design makes no sense.
They threw kano in the bin in this game.....Honestly make lumbar mid and no adv on hit like 0 and I'll main him but I can't at the moment knowing he belongs in the binzo

MagicMan357

I wont lie that check as a mid would be a plus but id rather give him legit frames and something off b1 even if its new move addition like just taking the 2 of 1,1,2

Imagine doing d1 into b1-vegemight cancel-b2 or something

i would just like a b1,2 if anything NRS

HiddenSelectCounterPick

I wont lie that check as a mid would be a plus but id rather give him legit frames and something off b1 even if its new move addition like just taking the 2 of 1,1,2

Imagine doing d1 into b1-vegemight cancel-b2 or something

i would just like a b1,2 if anything NRS
Like his B12 in Cutthroat in MKX but without a mix just to get ACTUAL FACTUAL frames on the board

MagicMan357

DUDE EXACTLY LIKE THAT! Why did they take it off and he cant even do legit combos with b1? I actually forgot about that move WOW this got me so pissed off right now LMAO and you have scrubs saying raiden is bad xD

HiddenSelectCounterPick

DUDE EXACTLY LIKE THAT! Why did they take it off and he cant even do legit combos with b1? I actually forgot about that move WOW this got me so pissed off right now LMAO and you have scrubs saying raiden is bad xD
"Kano is a scumbag grappler but lets make all his moves either push the opponent away or the move pushes kano away so he has to work hard to get in to [D1] OR open himself up by doingAir Kano ball" Nice NRS....btw b3 is amazing:mad:

MagicMan357

ITs wierd because hes borderline broken asf, he has the best sweep and like you said his b3 is tight.

HiddenSelectCounterPick

I rather play Raiden, at least raiden has screen presence and his f3 is actually a godlile stagger i won about 300 matches with him

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
The thing is they've designed Kano in a way that makes it really hard to fix him without breaking another variation.

For instance if you make his command grab a mid, ripper is suddenly scary up close. But then the rest of his variations still lack a mid threat.

So maybe you add the animation of F1 after b1, making a string like B11 hit confirmable which makes all his variations scarier but Ripper will be super scary cause he could get a small combo off a mid, so you want to be blocking, in which case he can check you for free with 24 1+3 and command grab.

I don't know it's just a weird hole they've put him in.

HiddenSelectCounterPick

The thing is they've designed Kano in a way that makes it really hard to fix him without breaking another variation.

For instance if you make his command grab a mid, ripper is suddenly scary up close. But then the rest of his variations still lack a mid threat.

So maybe you add the animation of F1 after b1, making a string like B11 hit confirmable which makes all his variations scarier but Ripper will be super scary cause he could get a small combo off a mid, so you want to be blocking, in which case he can check you for free with 24 1+3 and command grab.

I don't know it's just a weird hole they've put him in.
They should just redo all of his strings then remember how cybernetic had wayy different strings than Cutthroat and commando?
They shouldn't be like

"Here's a new variation btw its only new special moves have fun"

I paid 60 dollars for this game, and they say on stream "I'm not gonna do any combos or i didnt practice for you,or I'm not sure if these moves even make sence for these strings but here you go.

They should go an MKX route for kano and have different strings for his variations.

Or do i soumd like an Ass?