What's new

MK11 Kano Discussion

kinger

Noob
So after playing his third variation a bit, man it is hard to open people up. Sometimes I counter with a snake bite instead of a poke just because people disrespect so much looking for grabs. Honestly I grab a lot with kano cause I have no mids. Eye laser is only good when you have the krushing blow, after you hit that it is trash. Best thing is back 2 into dmg with snakebite imo. The b2 really needs to be fixed on ducking hits they barely pop up. F1 into eye laser hits alot lol, I know its not great but its fun to do to people who know the kano matchup. Sometimes f1 into snake bite or throw is ok but these are not good options. D1 into snakebite gets poked out of on block. Without other changes this is bad! I didn't realize how bad eye laser was and was left wanting knife toss back.

CriticalDrop

Beers, grabs & dropped combos
In case anyone is interested:
Kano's third variation gameplay by Biohazard, against Honeybee playing D'vorah's 3rd variation.

Murderation76

knife boi
B1 10f --- We have a safe, fast mid counterpoke now
F1 MID --- They didn't even touch the recovery frames! We have a 13f mid that is +1 on block.
F12 now HITS ON CROUCH BLOCK (Haven't tested all characters yet-- seems to still be whiffing on females). Spit lost scaling and does 20 damage now. This went from a complete dogshit string, to a solid stagger/hit confirm string. Hit confirm F12 into special and block confirm into F12B2 to be +2.

Beautiful day for Kano mains

Last edited:
Did they nerf his damage in the third variation? I was playing around with it yesterday and I seem to remember the same stuff I’m doing today after the patch doing a lot less.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Messing around in the lab and I don't see how the new variation is better than ripper. Ripper has two variation specific KBs to beef up his damage with F43 and lumbar check, where's the advantage to losing that dmg?

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
September Patch Notes: (Notice something about your F1 mates!?)

· Kano - Added the Kompetitive Mode preset "Ratbag" which has the following Abilities - Snake Bite (2) and Optic Blast (1)

· Kano - Optic Blast now does 80 damage (up from 50)

· Kano - Blade Evade (Away + Front Punch) startup is 10 (down from 13)

· Kano - Lunging Brute (Towards + Front Punch) now hits mid

· Kano - Spewin’ (Towards + Front Punch, Back Punch) now does 20 damage (up from 0) and has 2 less startup frames

· Kano - Adjusted the hit region and changed the ground & air reaction to the first hit of Snake Bite

Last edited:

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: PlayingNeutral
Did they nerf his damage in the third variation? I was playing around with it yesterday and I seem to remember the same stuff I’m doing today after the patch doing a lot less.
Im struggling to get 300 midscreen, corner isnt great, Ripper does get more dmg....But listen up, kanos f1 is still mid in all variations

kinger

Noob
F1 MID --- They didn't even touch the recovery frames! We have a 13f mid that is +1 on block.
F12 now HITS ON CROUCH BLOCK (Haven't tested all characters yet-- seems to still be whiffing on females). Spit lost scaling and does 20 damage now. This went from a complete dogshit string, to a solid stagger/hit confirm string. Hit confirm F12 into special and block confirm into F12B2 to be +2.

Your so right about this. Only question is if its over powered? This is why I'm saying dirtbag so good right now cause on this string if you get good at it f12 vege kano up ball amp on hit and plus 2 on block

kinger

Noob
I don't think f1 into 2 can jail on block. I mean it does right now and I think I is too strong. On a hit d1 it's free for punish or plus two then you can d1 again and start over again or d1 into acid or grab

CriticalDrop

Beers, grabs & dropped combos
Ey guys, I've opened a new thread to discuss the changes. I think they are huge enough to be discussed apart

SpiceWeasel

Nothing personal mate!

this must be the best Day as a Kano Main to log in this forum, didn´t know that we get the patch so soon

Guys how do I get the classic Kano eye? Is that coming in a Krypt event or something? I'm missing it from my collection of gear. Thanks!