What's new

MK11 Johnny Cage General Discussion

That 2nd variation is a no go for me since it replaces his straight force ball.

And 1st variation has a move I don't want (Mime Time) and an unused slot.

The tournament variations are dope... one is literally MK2 Johnny, I'm set.
The more I've thought about this this morning the more I dig it. MK2 Johnny was one of my favorites. From the JC KK Steve was saying that the recovery was better on the High and Low Forceballs, even though they whiff up close they could be great for end of the round keep out. He also says Shadow Uppercut is safer and does more damage than Flip Kick. I was definitely a little skeptical when I saw this load out at first but the more I think about it the more I want this to be a preset.

A bit of jonny cage gameplay at the start.
Thank you for sharing :)

---

Look at 11:12, after Johnny wins the round, Skarlet's defense meter is completely refilled. Seems like a bug, because Skarlet won some rounds with the defense meter depleted and nothing happened.

EDIT : Nevermind, it seems to be part of the Last Breath mechanic

---
Also, now we "know" one ranked variation :
"Shock Jock". The thing is Irish probably didn't have much time to train and use the whole moveset, so I only noticed two things so far :
  • It has Caged Rage
  • It does not have Say Cheese because Nut Punch is equipped

It´s Mime Time / Caged Rage and Brass Nuckles (16Bit used the Loadout in Johnny Cage Kombast Kast). Mime Time might not be as bad cuz it allows you to counter Wakeups (and it gives you a combo when amped). Caged Rage also fits the Brass Nuckles Playstyle overall this Loadout looks solid imo.

It´s Mime Time / Caged Rage and Brass Nuckles (16Bit used the Loadout in Johnny Cage Kombast Kast). Mime Time might not be as bad cuz it allows you to counter Wakeups (and it gives you a combo when amped). Caged Rage also fits the Brass Nuckles Playstyle overall this Loadout looks solid imo.
The kombat kast loadouts are different from the actual tournament/ranked variations. I think it's pretty unlikely they chose the exact same moves, but it's a possibility.

Johnny
  1. Shock Jock: Mime Time, Brass Knuckles, Caged Rage
  2. Show Stopper: Throwing Shades, Say Cheese (2)
Welp, what do you guys think if this is legit? Shock Jock doesn't seem too bad on paper but Show Stopper looks a little underwhelming from what we've seen of these moves so far. I had high hopes for the "MK2" Ladies Man variation but oh well. Thoughts?

Johnny
Welp, what do you guys think if this is legit? Shock Jock doesn't seem too bad on paper but Show Stopper looks a little underwhelming from what we've seen of these moves so far. I had high hopes for the "MK2" Ladies Man variation but oh well. Thoughts?
Shock Jock look like to be a good variation. Good pressing potential with better chip damage. And Caged Rage seems to be counterable with a poke on a read (since it's 29 frames on startup) so this is where Mime Time could be useful. The only thing that makes me worried about this variation is the start up of Mime Time, 12 frames. It seems pretty long for a parry. But it seems a good variation overall.

Show Stopper can be a good variation with a good combo potential but I have some questions : Does Say Cheese also restands and can we use it multiple times in a combo ? Because if JC loses his ability to restand, is it really worth it ? I know it allows to combo without spending any meter, but I prefer having a nutpunch that requires meter to extend combos and be able to restand at the expense of great damage than the other way around.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Shock Jock look like to be a good variation. Good pressing potential with better chip damage. And Caged Rage seems to be counterable with a poke on a read (since it's 29 frames on startup) so this is where Mime Time could be useful. The only thing that makes me worried about this variation is the start up of Mime Time, 12 frames. It seems pretty long for a parry. But it seems a good variation overall.

Show Stopper can be a good variation with a good combo potential but I have some questions : Does Say Cheese also restands and can we use it multiple times in a combo ? Because if JC loses his ability to restand, is it really worth it ? I know it allows to combo without spending any meter, but I prefer having a nutpunch that requires meter to extend combos and be able to restand at the expense of great damage than the other way around.
That's been one of my questions since the initial trailer, about the restand properties of Say Cheese. Like you said, Nut Punch is arguably Cage's best special attack due to its restand ability. I'm hoping it can catch jump-in attacks, which would make sense given that its a 2-slot move.

NerOo007

Noob
Guys why we don't create a Johnny Cage discord ? We can do some disscuss there plus send leak stuff and others the channel will live after the game will be realeased. We gonna share tech and other stuff

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Johnny
I want that MK2 Johnny... Show Stopper is gonna suck if it still has all of the whiffing problems I saw in all of these preview builds

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
From the launch trailer, it does show Johnny grabbing with one arm while the opponent is in a juggle state and follows it up with his punch flurry move (Pissed Off, I'm sure), so it does seem to confirm that he does have a Command Grab in the game.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Hope this makes the Frame Data easier to find Cage mains!!!! :D:D

Johnny still has his 2 string set up like this:

2:
8f startup
11f recovery

244:
11f startup
27f recovery

244U4:
27f startup

So his 244 string is going to have RIDICULOUSLY good stagger pressure.
The startup on the followup for each move is identical to the recovery. This means that at any point, if Johnny is staggering with any part of of this string, the opponent would have to literally guess when Johnny is going to stop attacking.

Johnny Cage Release Build Frame Data:

Johnny Cage Demo Build Frame Data For Comparison:

Last edited:

2:
8f startup
11f recovery

244:
11f startup
27f recovery

244U4:
27f startup

The startup on the followup for each move is identical to the recovery. This means that at any point, if Johnny is staggering with any part of of this string, the opponent would have to literally guess when Johnny is going to stop attacking.

Thank you :D

2:
8f startup
11f recovery

244:
11f startup
27f recovery

244U4:
27f startup

Thanks man, im currently making a word doc with his best moves, whenever you find new ones LMK!

THANKS AGAIN YOURE A LEGEND!

Johnny Krushing Blows:

Upper Cutter - D2: Triggers if this ATTACK KOUNTERS or PUNISHES a HIGH ATTACK.
Tear Jerker - F4,3: Triggers if the final hit of the KOMBO is the only one that connects.
Mime Time - DB1: Triggers on FIRST HIT of the match or after landing TWO extended Mime Times.
Nut Punch - BD3 amp: Triggers on FIRST HIT of the match or on a PUNISH.

I'm sure there are others but these are the only ones I can find from @TrulyAmiracle video.

Last edited: