MK11 Johnny Cage General Discussion

Discussion in 'Johnny Cage' started by Tundra81, Mar 7, 2019.

1. pure.Wasted

pure.Wasted 'ello baby, did you miss me?

Lmao wtf. 2:18

"Fuck you, fuck you, FUCK youu!"

Tundra81 and lionheart21 like this.
  2. lionheart21

lionheart21 Day One Johnny Cage Main

First I see one of the most shocking Fatalities I've ever seen in Geras' second fatality, and now Johnny Cage dropping F-bombs? Man, April can't here quick enough.

3. Irishcyke

Irishcyke Noob

Anyone else worried that Johnny looks like he might be one of the weaker characters in the game.

I know we haven't seen any high level gameplay with him but he has poor mixup due to lacking an overhead as his frame data seems kinda bad?

4. M.D.

M.D. Spammer. Crouch walk hater.

PSN:
    Sw1ngSh0t
    XBL:
    Sw1ngsh0t
    Well, at least clothesline launches in the corner :/
    Until they mkx stunt double nerf it the second it comes out.

Also at 7:28, seems it's not that good. F4 on hit into clothesline, opponent gets in a hit on you and they can block after.

Which means they can jump in on you as well, so it's not that good, at least from f4.

If behind SD is overhead maybe he'll have his mkx HTB back.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    Tundra81 likes this.
  5. chrisofrays

chrisofrays Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze

Pretty sure ive seen someone combo after clothesline SD mid screen. Might be on woolies YT channel.

I want to know if you can do Nut Punch then Stunt Double and hit them with a jump in punch or empty jump in sweep when the SD hits and then lead into another nut punch combo. :D

Anyone seen if SD hits oponents mid throw?

6. FoughtDragon01

FoughtDragon01 Yolo Ball Roll will live on .

That crossed my mind as well, but people thought that he was mid tier at best in MKX since he lacked a low starter, but then he turned out to be one of the best in the game.

The mechanics are drastically different here, yeah, but I have faith that he'll be a respectable pick. His fatality alone makes him at least A-tier in my book.

7. M.D.

M.D. Spammer. Crouch walk hater.

PSN:
    Sw1ngSh0t
    XBL:
    Sw1ngsh0t
    It's still sad to see 90% of the character possibilities with the SD move.
    That means that we will pretty much be forced to lose shadowkick to be viable.

Let's hope i'm wrong.

lionheart21 likes this.
  8. Irishcyke

Irishcyke Noob

Honestly, i don't enjoy playing as set up characters at all, so i have no interest in SD moves....so if that's his only viable variation i guess I'll be focusing on Jade.

Remeber how good his backflip kick was in 9? And how useless it was in 10?

9. Tundra81

Tundra81 Those were $500 sunglasses asshole
    Premium Supporter

Border line embarrassed with all of the Uncaged content in this thread but it's all I got. Nothing special here but after playing the stress test all weekend I'm dying to play this character. Shadow Kick looks really strong Throwing Shade does not, lol.

ShepherdOfFire likes this.