What's new

MK11 Johnny Cage General Discussion

Johnny Krushing Blows:

Upper Cutter - D2: Triggers if this ATTACK KOUNTERS or PUNISHES a HIGH ATTACK.
Tear Jerker - F4,3: Triggers if the final hit of the KOMBO is the only one that connects.
Mime Time - DB1: Triggers on FIRST HIT of the match or after landing TWO extended Mime Times.
Nut Punch - BD3 amp: Triggers on FIRST HIT of the match or on a PUNISH.

I'm sure there are others but these are the only ones I can find from @TrulyAmiracle video.
I have the game, give me a few minutes and I'll give you the remaining ones

Edit : No extra Krushing Blows (at least not in the movelist) @Tundra81

Last edited:

Chints

Noob
I believe it's part of the premium edition Tundra.

Also, just had a look at his Star Power variation. I'm guessing he's going to be corner game powerhouse in this variation. One meterless juggle, two metered juggles, mixup strings for pressure. I've just messed around for a little bit but it seems promising.

Do you have the Ninja Mime skin? If not how does one get the Ninja Mime skin?
I think you only need to have the Kombat Pack. I have the Premium Edition so I already have it.

Chernyy being Chernyy but in a way I hope he's right...:cool:

He said that with every character in the game :D

---

Showstopper is a really weird variation. I can't wait for you to have the game to hear your thoughts about it because I trained with the variation for a good hour and... I see no reason to pick it over Shock Jolt. I want to say that Say Cheese is a slighty better nutpunch : It has a slighty better range, is safer on block (-8 if I remember correctly) but has less hit advantage than the nut punch and it is a high instead of a mid. I also suspect Say Cheese to be counter poked on a read with a 6/7 frame d1, but I will test that later.
And throwing shade is... a questionnable choice of a special move. Yes it hits mid while the bf2 projectile is high but it stops at mid range, the glasses doesn't hit when it is at the same height as the belt/knees of the opponent (tested on Jax, Sub-Zero and Scorpion). I don't remember the exact frame data (I'll share it when I'll be back in the lab) but it seems minus ~15 on block and almost seems like a 2-3 frames hit advantage. The only reason I can understand the presence of the move is the Krushing Blow, but it's a one time big damage move, and that's it.

Last edited:

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
Got to play with the stunt double yet? If so. Does nut punch give enough time to get one out? Any mixups possible with SD?

So here is the frame data for JC's Showstopper in the release build :

Throwing Shades (dd2) Startup : 24 / Active : 33 / Recovery : 19 / Hit adv. : 5 / Block adv. : -25 / FB Block adv : -35

Say Cheese (bd3) : Startup : 27 / Active : 3 / Recovery : 43 / Hit adv. : 3 / Block adv. : -19 / FB Block adv : -29
MB : Startup : 3 / Active : 3 / Recovery : 42 / Hit adv. : 60 / Block adv. : -18 / FB Block adv : -28

-25 on throwing shades on block... Say Cheese is -29 and the MB -28 so it's not safer than the nutpunch
Say Cheese being 27 on startup can be poked. But with -28, you better block and go for a full combo. The more I dig the variation, the worse it gets... I hope I'm wrong and you guys will find very good stuff with Showstopper.

(I gave the frame data to @Circus so he'll update his frame data list)

D

Deleted member 35141

I didn't realize the say cheese replaces the nut punch well that's lame, I'll just stick with the other variation

D

Deleted member 35141

Sorry for the double post but does the fisticuffs move give you a extra strings too or just the extra punch damage.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
What does Chernyy mean by this?

View attachment 14136
Not sure if you know what jailing is, but just in case you don't, it means that you force the opponent to block the whole string. So basically, EX Fireball on block is +3, which means that pretty much anything that you throw out as the follow-up will be safe and help to set up frametraps. It's similar to how it worked in MK9, except with a very slight change in framedata (it was +5 on block). Also, having no gaps means that there's no way to throw out a quick poke to stop the move mid-animation. Hopefully that helps.

Last edited:
Not sure if you know what jailing is, but just in case you don't, it means that you force the opponent to block the whole string. So basically, EX Fireball on block is +3, which means that pretty much anything that you throw out as the follow-up will be safe and help to set up frametraps. It's similar to how it worked in MK9, except with a very slight change in framedata (it was +5 on block). Hopefully that helps.
Thanks, im a new player so all these terms are foreign to me lol. Can I ask, what is your plan with the game as soon as you get it? A couple of hours in practice mode to get comfortable with the character then ranked?

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Thanks, im a new player so all these terms are foreign to me lol. Can I ask, what is your plan with the game as soon as you get it? A couple of hours in practice mode to get comfortable with the character then ranked?
Pretty much, yeah. A good idea would be to check out this list of fighting terms, to be able to understand strategies on here better, since they'll usually throw in fighting game lingo like "jailing." It's a fairly comprehensive list that spans multiple fighting games, so memorizing all of it isn't necessary. You should focus on things like block strings and okizeme, since those are terms that I've seen mentioned in Mortal Kombat threads.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Glossary_of_fighting_games

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Hey wassup man. I'd suggest to check this thread out when you get a chance.

Hey wassup man. I'd suggest to check this thread out when you get a chance.

TY, quick question what console are all of you playing on? Id like some consistent people to play with

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Um...+3 on block is not going to do anything in this game.

From the beta stream of d2 spammers in blockstrings, any advantage that doesn't guarantee a mid is utterly useless.
So you're +3, now what? You just have to d1 into nothing, since a poke on hit will not guarantee any of your mids except b2 which is horribly unsafe.

Besides ex projectile is a high and I've seen it clearly being ducked in a video on block without jailing , so still fail.

Also 244 is not staggerable, the multi kicks(44) are coming out as one hit so you can't stop them halfway,, and you're not staggering with a high 2 in this game rofl, you'll get d1 d2 spammed into oblivion.

Also everyone is missing the fact that nut punch is only +5 on hit. +5 lol, you have to be frame perfect to guarantee a standing 1.

Last edited:

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Yeah I was planning on maining Sub and seconding Johnny like in MKX, but Sub looks like a boring cookie cutter neanderthal 50/50 character so I think I’m gonna main Johnny
He is the first one I'm willing to try. However I have a bad feeling this time.

Also, salty about the "pissed off" move not being in a competitive variation. That was the spiritual successor of the speedbag.

It's incredible how Showstopper is bad. Maybe I'm just using it wrong and it's a decent variation, but oh my... What a dumb variation. The Say Cheese special is awful. It connects after a f4 with consistency only in the corner.
And this is supposed to cost two slots ? For a special that replaces an iconic special move that is better in almost every way ?

Throwing Shades is a bad projectile, it can be useful once in a while, if the opponent expects a high forceball or shadow kick, so you can hit them with the mid property of the move but even with that...
I'm pretty sure that if the opponent neutral ducks at a certain distance within the already short distance of the move, it whiffs. I'm not really sure if it was indeed a whiff or if the opponent neutral ducked right at the distance where the shades lost its hitbox (I'll lab this later and tell you later, because I don't want to share wrong infos), but in both cases it's unbelievable to have a projectile that sucks so much. And it is supposed to cost one ability slot ? But why in the hell would you pick this over the command grab (1 slot) or even or even the good ol' low forceball (1 slot too)
And if the move was safe on block or had a good recovery, yeah why not but here... Who made this variation ? Seriously ? 30 minutes of testing would have been enough to realize it sucked.

I really hope I'm 100% wrong and the variation is in fact decent... But I played the variation in both training and in real games and oh boy I hated it. Variationless Johnny is a better character, and I'm not even kidding.