What's new

MK11 Johnny Cage General Discussion

Interesting they gave Throwing Shades a KB property, from the data we've seen so far that is a mid projectile, do you recall if it was still a mid in that build? Thanks for the feedback BTW.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Not sure about Jump ins, but it does re-stand them if you pop em up in the corner and end the juggle with it.
To me, if Say Cheese isn't something that can anti-air and is basically another Nut Punch, it doesn't really feel like it'd be worth a move slot when Nut Punch does the same and also has a quicker start-up time, although Nut Punch isn't as safe on block. I'd have to lab to see how its hitbox compares with Nut Punch.

@Tundra81 @VSC_Supreme

About Throwing Shades, it is worth noting that Johnny's projectiles in MKX were also mid, but could still be ducked under at the right distance. I've heard talk of the glasses whiffing outright in some cases, so maybe it's a similar issue here.
No doubt, from what we've seen there is no reason to pick any of his ability projectiles. You can see Throwing Shades whiffing in practically ever video it's shown. The High and Low Forceballs look ok from long distance but whiff up close. Sraight Forceball is definitely the way to go from what we've seen.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
@Tundra81 @VSC_Supreme

About Throwing Shades, it is worth noting that Johnny's projectiles in MKX were also mid, but could still be ducked under at the right distance. I've heard talk of the glasses whiffing outright in some cases, so maybe it's a similar issue here.
Really can't see a way of setting up Throwing Shades, either. As Johnny, you always want to be up-close, and with the distance that you have to be and with that set-up time and how you're at negative frames on both block and on hit (seriously, how the hell does that even happen?), it just feels like something that you'll either just get lucky with or will only catch the biggest of newbies.

Krushing Blows to me are one of the best new additions to the MK series. Learning the optimals, knowing when and when not to use them adds a whole different meta to the game. We've only seen 2 of Johnny's so far, slow day at the office so I wanted to post them.

Not sure what the requirements for the Mime Time KB are...

Pretty sure this is his F4, 3 (Tear Jerker) string, the second hit is a high which can be ducked and that big ass gap I can only assume can be flawless blocked...

Also the Throwing Shades KB

and remember fellahs we can cancel our Fatal Blow but unfortunately there is the cool down, imagine if we could cancel it and have no cool down, be pretty busted but "he needs it" lol...

Any way, I'm bored and wanted to post gifs.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
To me, if Say Cheese isn't something that can anti-air and is basically another Nut Punch, it doesn't really feel like it'd be worth a move slot when Nut Punch does the same and also has a quicker start-up time, although Nut Punch isn't as safe on block. I'd have to lab to see how its hitbox compares with Nut Punch.
Isnt Say Cheese a meterless combo extender? In the trailer he linked the intractable off it

Slymind

Noob
16 Bit popped on resetera and said that the shades projectile move is one of the bests for Cage, however, so fail to see why is that.

Anyone has any idea? It seems to be just a very fast projectile with high recovery.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
16 Bit popped on resetera and said that the shades projectile move is one of the bests for Cage, however, so fail to see why is that.

Anyone has any idea? It seems to be just a very fast projectile with high recovery.
It may be a better hitbox, it may do better damage, it may have better frame data, it may be a mid. We know it has a KB at least

The stock green ball is supposed to have a really fast startup

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Isnt Say Cheese a meterless combo extender? In the trailer he linked the intractable off it
I must've missed that. In that case, yeah, that is a good move for his arsenal. Also wondering now that if Pissed Off is his command throw, how many slots will that take?

BlunderGod

The Kollector wants your lunch money
@pure.Wasted

Baraka:
-Leaps at the camera
-cleans his teeth
-Waves his flag

Sonya:
-Gets an Evac from a helicopter
-Blows a kiss at the camera
-Poses with soldiers

Besides the Erron Black leak showed that Noob had 4 win poses total so I'm guessing others have 3 or more.

NerOo007

Noob
Hey everyone out there. Frame data picture made me cry, he is bad xD. Legit all his plusframes strings are duckable plus straight force balls Ex is +3 it's nothing and u can't pressure with it cause his f4 and f3 are 14 frames and b3 is 18 wich is hot garbage. I see some pluses of certation strings or specials, like another force balls wich is -22 on block have 9 frames of start up wich is fast . Also i see potential in Camera combos around of 40% in the corner. If they will make his f3 a mid that's gonna change everything and also it's should be much faster not 9 frames but around 11-12 ( 11 was in mk x) also some of his basic attacks should be less minus b2 is -16 wtf ? also f2 should be mid with 14 frames of star up. Legit right now he is trash. U can't make a person respect ur highs ( with good plus frames) with out overhead) But it's still a beta frame data. And i will still play him and explore everything before actully making any conclusions. Im still hyped.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Hey everyone out there. Frame data picture made me cry, he is bad xD. Legit all his plusframes strings are duckable plus straight force balls Ex is +3 it's nothing and u can't pressure with it cause his f4 and f3 are 14 frames and b3 is 18 wich is hot garbage. I see some pluses of certation strings or specials, like another force balls wich is -22 on block have 9 frames of start up wich is fast . Also i see potential in Camera combos around of 40% in the corner. If they will make his f3 a mid that's gonna change everything and also it's should be much faster not 9 frames but around 11-12 ( 11 was in mk x) also some of his basic attacks should be less minus b2 is -16 wtf ? also f2 should be mid with 14 frames of star up. Legit right now he is trash. U can't make a person respect ur highs ( with good plus frames) with out overhead) But it's still a beta frame data. And i will still play him and explore everything before actully making any conclusions. Im still hyped.
Absolutely amazing, what an interesting analysis you made without even playing the game.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Nope, they won't change a single thing and he will be trash.

He will also get INSTA nerfed while liu kang 50-50-50 stance character from insta lows and kung lao 20% fullscreen hat string into kenshi projectiles will remain exactly the same.

WELCOME TO THE CAGE.

NerOo007

Noob
Absolutely amazing, what an interesting analysis you made without even playing the game.
I respect u and i remember u from old days. I did play the game and like i said "And i will still play him and explore everything before actully making any conclusions. Im still hyped." I just said my opinion on what i see right now from my experience