What's new

MK11 Johnny Cage General Discussion

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
It's ok, only a couple of days left until ECT, when sonic will go Cage and will not do a SINGLE +6, but just midscreen b34 and spam projectiles,or do a +6 into dash up 1 or 2 that whiff, but will still get away with it because nobody labbed Cage, and everyone will let go of block out of respect and lose.

So he'll win with cage by not using a single tool they say is op (just like he did with cold in i2 by only doing f23 freeze in tournament and win) and I'll have to delete my twitter account, tym account, facebook account and go live in the mountains for 10 years untill everything cools off.

Then Cage will get nerfed to shit in Outtake and Showstopper without fixing a single hitbox issue (mind you they fixed kang whiffing on Cage, so it can be done).

Then y'all be rid of me forever and rejoice.

Last edited:

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
I just dont get why people are now saying he has the best footsies in the game. We're talking THE best footsies. Like, his buttons are the same as when he was widely considered bottom 10 by pros as they are now at top 1 - all that has changed is special moves. I don't buy the argument that you can be a bottom tier character if you have the best footsies in a game that's mostly about footsies and neutral control.

Did people forget Cassie exists or some shit lul #gapfreeplusonblockmidsintoframetrapsarestillOD

M.D.

Because the game was "too early" and nobody knew.
That is before he won all tournaments and was in all top8s in all majors and dominated ranked.

After that, they all knew so they woke up.

A...wait............

I've seen alot more Johnny representation lately. Specifically Outtake and I gotta wonder how many of them are bandwagon. Anyway I really can't wait for ECT. Either we see some Johnny's do work and we get some tech or we see him get smashed and everyone on Twitter has to eat their words. Gonna be fun either way

heildan

NANI?!
I believe Mustard have said months ago the reason he was B-tier was mostly due to his whiffing issues.
While they are still here, I agree he is in a much better spot now than he was ever before. That jail patch did him a lot. His possibilities are far above a lot of the cast now.

... If they are the best this game has to offer, well, IDK. For instance, Scorpion seems to have a better footsies game or comparable to what he does have, plus a variety of mids alongside his poke/stagger/spacing game.

I don't play him but to me Shao has some of the most bad ass cosmetics in the game but they did a really good job with Johnny's too. I'm in love with MK2 Johnny, I've been rocking this since Outtake dropped.
It's simple but traditional and I love it.

M.D.

Yes, so far Outtake got destroyed in all matches, thank god.
I might still not break my console with an axe.

Welp. I was hoping to see some Johnny tech and maybe turn me into a top 5 believe but no one really used the character. (shocker.) Maybe someone has a pocket Johhny that we'll see tomorrow.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again...Sonic Fox is the Michael Jordan of MK. Him winning with any character is completely possible based on just his skill alone. He makes godlike reads and takes chances that just seem to work out. He made Captain Cold look good....where are all the other Cage players kicking ass?

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again...Sonic Fox is the Michael Jordan of MK. Him winning with any character is completely possible based on just his skill alone. He makes godlike reads and takes chances that just seem to work out. He made Captain Cold look good....where are all the other Cage players kicking ass?
Kombat is doing pretty well. Not saying anything about tiers though

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I missed a couple matches of top 8, but I haven’t seen much Cage, and from what I’ve seen he’s lost. Fox put up a good effort, but Dragon had his number.