What's new

MK11 Johnny Cage General Discussion

I've found myself just using Outtake for certain MUs like against Cetrion or Kabal. The forceballs makes it annoying for zoners to zone and they're more inclined to want to come in especially if I have the life lead. Every other MU I use Showstopper cuz that damage makes me hard

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Nope, you're right. People insta upplay outtake zoning with 0 proof. Meanwhile when you ACTUALLY PLAY IT it's just a standard zone that gets countered like everyone else, nothing special.
I would state that having access to a fireball that starts up in nine frames and an amplified attack that creates pushback on block and resets the neutral game is special, especially considering the fact that no other characters have such moves.

The "best in the game" statements coming from Twitter are an exaggeration, or premature at the very least. On the other hand, a lot of people in this forum engage in incessant negativity, whining, and downplaying which balances out the two extremes.

Besides, many of you Cage players have already admitted that he is a top 10 character so I am not really sure what the unnecessary drama is about.

I would state that having access to a fireball that starts up in nine frames and an amplified attack that creates pushback on block and resets the neutral game is special, especially considering the fact that no other characters have such moves.

The "best in the game" statements coming from Twitter are an exaggeration, or premature at the very least. On the other hand, a lot of people in this forum engage in incessant negativity, whining, and downplaying which balances out the two extremes.

Besides, many of you Cage players have already admitted that he is a top 10 character so I am not really sure what the unnecessary drama is about.
People chasing clout.

Once this finally dies down, people will just start talking shit about another community they view as whiners/downplayers.

Whatever gets them invoking a discussion or adulation.

Im not going to lie, there are people in this thread/forum who downplay the absolute shit out of cage.

but we don’t need to see it on Twitter,TYM statuses and TYM forum threads every.single.day.

I remember looking at this forum and saw that there hadn’t been a post since Friday or Thursday or something and there were still statuses about Cage downplayers ON THIS FORUM.

At this point I don’t even think people are discussing the game anymore, not civilly at least, it’s literally people who were born without thumbs vs people who have been pregnant with the baby of the Mortal Kombat dragon since 1992.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers

2 frames of recovery. Why must they continue to say hes bad

Wigy

There it is...
Apart from complete ransoms who come in and post like once, all the posts I see are people venting frustration at hitbox issues and just saying he isn't top.

This happened in mkx, there was some downplay but mostly people just like he's not top 5.

So many characters have had way worse downplay.

heildan

NANI?!
I agree those forceballs are kinda busted on startup and recovery, a lot of projectiles in this game are or were at some point, like Sonya's (plus has KB and mid amplified on top of that). I still don't know the reasoning why they make it that way. Maybe they thought it would be a balance factor since this variation has none KBs going for it. I really don't know.

I hope they just aim to balance Outtakes tools next patch, since a lot of his base moves and footsies have long startup frames and/or are highs. Last time they changed some of his base moves, his other variations turned out completely shitty cough Stunt Double MKX cough, and Shock Jock isn't even a top 15 variation to justify these kind of changes. It would be horrible for him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 35141

Edit- meh nvm waste of time

Last edited by a moderator:

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
Buddy, you are annoying. Players saying he isn't top 2 or top5 =/= saying he is bad, btw. But it looks like you just don't get it or don't understand.

Stop trying to make it appears that they are saying he is a bad character, please.
I went over this with @M.D. yesterday. Cage has always been honest, does he have a bunch of issues yes. Is he already good? Of course weather hes 1-5 isnt particularly relevant in a game with raiden and shao. I blinked in here to get some tech to 100 pages of bitching. YOUR CHARACTER WHIFFS 6 OUT OF 8 TOOLS AND STILL IS BETTER THAN 80% THE CAST. Is all said

Last edited:

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I went over this with @M.D. yesterday. Cage has always been honest, does he have a bunch of issues yes. Is he already good? Of course weather hes 1-5 isnt particularly relevant in a game with raiden and shao. I blinked in here to get some tech to 100 pages of bitching. YOUR CHARACTER WHIFFS 6 OUT OF 8 TOOLS AND STILL IS BETTER THAN 80% THE CAST. Is all said
Yes and I told you he's NOT better than 80% of the cast with only 2 tools working on half the cast wtf, do you honestly expect to 6-4 Sonya with d4 and f3 throw?

Really man wtf :)))

heildan

NANI?!
That doesn't make whiffing fine, btw.
Besides, he whiffing and still being better than half of the cast is this character problem or the game's problem?
I see a lot of people talking about this game like it is the epitome of balance.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
That doesn't make whiffing fine, btw.
Besides, he whiffing and still being better than half of the cast is this character problem or the game's problem?
I see a lot of people talking about this game like it is the epitome of balance.
Your 100 percent right IM NOT SAYING it's ok, I wouldnt even go as far as saying the games balanced. What I will say though is cage is very strong who ever the cage community can agree is better than I promiseyou cage either has that same exact powerful tool or another 3 to balance the difference.

The problem is since it already happened once with kang. Whenever johhnys problems get fixed he will be unquestionable the best right? NRS doesnt have a good enough track record of fixing things all at one time. The cage invasion will be upon us soon.

Your 100 percent right IM NOT SAYING it's ok, I wouldnt even go as far as saying the games balanced. What I will say though is cage is very strong who ever the cage community can agree is better than I promiseyou cage either has that same exact powerful tool or another 3 to balance the difference.

The problem is since it already happened once with kang. Whenever johhnys problems get fixed he will be unquestionable the best right? NRS doesnt have a good enough track record of fixing things all at one time. The cage invasion will be upon us soon.
Well I’ve smashed every outtake band wagoner so far(using jock by the way) so more wins for me I guess.

heildan

NANI?!
Gosh, I hope not. People had to be suffering from mental illness to try this character in vanilla mk11 to end up like that. I'm a proud day 1 Johnny.

heildan

NANI?!
Didnt kombat beat fox in an early tourney the one in Chicago I think?
Yeah, mainly because Fox used Erron. In that time people didn't knew about Erron's whiff tech against his f344. Also, those were prime time of Cassie, their main, which he refused to use in those matches (but still won evo using her tho).

He even claimed he was top 5 back in the day, when he wasn't even close to top 15, lol.

Last edited:

M.D.

Yeah, mainly because Fox used Erron. In that time people didn't knew about Erron's whiff tech against his f344. Also, those were prime time of Cassie, their main, which he refused to use in those matches (but still won evo using her tho).

He even claimed he was top 5 back in the day, when he wasn't even close to top 15, lol.
Everyone's clinging on this match, but they forget the other one when Sonic played Cassie and close to double flawlessed cage for the win.
Everyone's conveniently hiding that under the rug because it hurts their bullshit claims.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
@M.D. at this point bro im just teasing, i know hes not perfect but you got to admit you guys are going overboard.

Trust me we all want the hurtboxes fixed

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
@M.D. Ok so im using him now and this is my honest buff list and its not much:

reverse the frames on his f4 and f44 (-9 and -5) and maybe shave recovery off f4 to make it similar to his f3 recovery

make his b3 faster by a few frames (maybe 3 or more) which means hell be able to do 2 options off down pokes. This will actually make him fit the game like everyone else which is why kano is good now.

Hitboxes are an issue but for now just dont even try to jail the Amped balls. He legit doesnt need anything else in my take.

M.D.

Honestly fixing 1 and 2 whiffs counts way more than forceballs whiff because it impacts all variations.
Shouldn't even buff anything, just these fixes should be enough.

Didn't you get d2-ed mid string when against big hitboxes you should've hit ?