What's new

MK1 Online Stress Test Registration - June 23rd-26th

The fact they are straight up telling content creators to take the posts down, on top of changing the info on the site without any actual announcement, is what rubs me the wrong way lmao. Like at least make a tweet or something.
Yeah it's annoying isn't it. At the end of the day we're just fans of the series that want to participate. I wish NRS would sort out their comms it's always the same sadly

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Yeah it's annoying isn't it. At the end of the day we're just fans of the series that want to participate. I wish NRS would sort out their comms it's always the same sadly
Yeah, im not even mad or anything, it’s just a stress test. But it’s just insane to me the communication is still this awful for such a big company. Get ready to wait a comically long time for any info about content post KP1 lmao

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
I mean, after MKX and MK11 rollouts we should know by now how little info they give us until very close to release, when things start to drop more frequently.

The funny thing this time is that the game is 10~11 weeks away, so most of us assumed that info would be more transparent this time. I guess not.

I mean, after MKX and MK11 rollouts we should know by now how little info they give us until very close to release, when things start to drop more frequently.

The funny thing this time is that the game is 10~11 weeks away, so most of us assumed that info would be more transparent this time. I guess not.
I mean, as irritating as it is, I was kinda expecting comms to be slow as per usual in terms of reveals etc. But what's sucky about this is announcing a specific date, then apparently changing it but not communicating that to general users. I mean, it's obvious content creators would get some kind of preferential treatment and that seems to have happened with the tweets being deleted that they've received codes. If they could just literally send out an updated tweet stating codes will go out on 23rd instead it would be massively helpful

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Nothing about content creators getting codes first surprises me. Just like it won’t surprise me when they’re playing the game an extra week in advance and uploading combos lol

We all signed up for the stress test and failed the TRUE stress test it seems... How well can we handle the classic WB/NRS marketing strategy this time round :laughing:

Mk9kevin

Sareena for MK11!
I had prayed it not true… But you have gone mad NRS… Your promises… They are nothing…

Damn bro. Feels like MK11 marketing but kinda worse cause they got caught.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Yeah, im not even mad or anything, it’s just a stress test. But it’s just insane to me the communication is still this awful for such a big company. Get ready to wait a comically long time for any info about content post KP1 lmao
The only Kombat Kast they've shown us so far was just a 7 minute ad for the Kollector's Edition, but they wont show us whats in the actual game lmaoo

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
The only Kombat Kast they've shown us so far was just a 7 minute ad for the Kollector's Edition, but they wont show us whats in the actual game lmaoo
And the game comes out in three months lmfao. It’s one thing to have bad marketing, it’s another thing to have bad marketing AND release a game this close after the announcement. I’m glad we don’t have to wait an entire year like MKX or INJ2, but you would think they would step into gear with the marketing lmao

D

Deleted member 59910

Tyler "Community GOD" Lansdown putting in the work yet again. Thank you for telepathically letting us know the stress test codes will be coming out 2 days later than previously announced
He has the best job in the world. Jesus, if I were so omissive in any job I had in my life… (whiplash noise)

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
Letdown Landsdown is pretty good lol. But honestly tho, that man just sits there and tweets about baseball. Does he run the Mortal Kombat account? What is he doing? They have a veritable mountain of content that they could be showing us. The game is finished. Hell, Tyler could open the game and post a menu screen and we’d be hyped. This is comically bad marketing

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
Letdown Landsdown is pretty good lol. But honestly tho, that man just sits there and tweets about baseball. Does he run the Mortal Kombat account? What is he doing? They have a veritable mountain of content that they could be showing us. The game is finished. Hell, Tyler could open the game and post a menu screen and we’d be hyped. This is comically bad marketing
Honestly, you have no idea what his task list looks like now.

Could be getting approval from marketing and legal for materials. Could be trying to align community outreach with WB worldwide marketing timelines. Could be putting together trailers or working with telemetry to see which messages generate sales and engagement.

I do think people pile on Tyler specifically way too often when we don't know what his actual job description is. If he wasn't doing his job as per his employers standards he'd be sacked. We have no idea what his role actually entails. Blame the company not the employee if it doesn't feel up to scratch.

Also, glad that we know when codes are being sent now! Just wish they'd communicate that faster and not wind up people by obviously sending them out to content creators first and trying to hide the fact. Shame we won't be able to preload the files now though before Fri

Last edited: