What's new

MK Arcade Kollection Wish List

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Gee thanks for clearing that up Smuggs. Everyone thought I meant canceling jabs with normals was ruining the game. /sarcasm
People who know the game obviously knew what you guys meant, but kara jabs can be performed without the block button too. Not everyone knows that, I didn't even know that not too long ago. /serious

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Been that way since MK1, and no that shouldn't be taken out, as it is one of the few ways to keep the movement fluid in these games. I don't know that I've ever heard people really refer to what you explained as kara, but you aren't wrong in calling it that as it is an empty attack. That is considered more along the lines of canceling, as the jab is overridden by other frames as soon as it is done. Kara jab is when the attack animation for the jab still exists, only it has different properties from a jab.
So it would be a jab cancel? I just always thought when you cancel the animation of a move with something else, it was called a "kara". Like in SF, when you cancel the animation of an attack with a throw to get a kara throw.

Also, I agree that Kabal should be nerfed if there was a rebalance. He's just too good compared to the rest of the cast, especially if the kara jabs (with block, lol) were taken out. Not just his spin though, I also would give his jabs less priority. Maybe should make a UMK3 rebalance thread, lol.

I think there is a few more ways to adjust umk3, and it is simple - rebalance damage from some combos - Like Kabal and other. If Kabal will have 26-30% of his combo damage - we will find exact same umk3 but with more chances to another characters. And secod simple thing to adjust umk3 - is add different stamina to every character. So we will have same umk3 with same gameplay but tierlist will be close to ideal :). Cause for example - i don't see how you can attack Kabal without karajabs.
P.S. sorry for offtopic. I will travel to NY USA in 27 june - 1 jule. Maybe we can meet with some NY umk3 players? I realy want to play with usa players. If someone interrsted, send me a PM, i'll tell about my hotel etc. And i started topic about it on ultimate dot com
sorry for my english. i'm from Russia

P.S. sorry for offtopic. I will travel to NY USA in 27 june - 1 jule. Maybe we can meet with some NY umk3 players? I realy want to play with usa players. If someone interrsted, send me a PM, i'll tell about my hotel etc. And i started topic about it on ultimate dot com
sorry for my english. i'm from Russia
Awesome, I'd like to see you play some guys from New York. I've seen your vids, they're really good. Hopefully you can meet up with the group that plays on Wednesday nights and get some of it on the stream and on video in UMK3.

Zebster

How's my volume?
If there ever was a rebalance I'd like to have the option to go with the rebalance or the most recent arcade revision for each. (Could be cool if they included older revisions as well, for the shear glitchiness that were some of the old revisions)

Awesome, I'd like to see you play some guys from New York. I've seen your vids, they're really good. Hopefully you can meet up with the group that plays on Wednesday nights and get some of it on the stream and on video in UMK3.
Wensday - sounds good. And where i can find that "group" ? =))) Who are they ? Where are they ? =)) names, passwords, secred codes, i need all information =))))

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
It would be interesting, but I highly doubt they will change anything from the core gameplay. And I'm fine with it. As long as there is button config and good netcode, they get my money.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Would be neat to see the older MK's get updated/patched, but they're still epic the way they are regardless.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Honest to god, i hope they dont change too much with HOW these games play. Leave them in their original state......but.....

MAKE A NEW MK WITH THE UMK3 ENGINE GODDAMNIT lolololol

I hope they do some minor balancing and bug fixes, but keep the core the same. And I would poop myself with joy if they redid all the graphics engines in hd sprites (like super street fighter II turbo hd remix)

umk_p1

Noob
Kara Jabs are fine, it's just the kara with the block that you're complaining about. You can kara jab with run and iirc, with other normals too. So if they were to rebalance, I say leave them in just take out being able to cancel jabs, LP/HP, with block.
jab cancelling with non-block moves are not kara, normals just cancels the jab animation.
People who know the game obviously knew what you guys meant, but kara jabs can be performed without the block button too. Not everyone knows that, I didn't even know that not too long ago. /serious
There was a big discussion going on in february started by you, and the point was that everyone was complaining about Defense jabs , and when i was reading the thread i didn't get why Defjabs are "cheap fest" and kara jabs are ok? its almost the same thing, if we speaking about non-stationary defjabs. Does this mean that you was against kara-jabbing too? the ones with block cancelling. This is confusing for me. If you was against, then i'll have to notice that u have very solid true kara-jabs (with block cancel) , and you did use them vs marv...so how can you be against kj tactics? and if you accept KJabbing, then how can u hate on DefJabs?? kara and def - they both are safe, in offline you can react on sweeps and block them, so kara becomes def jab(non-stationary). thats paradox for me lol

.... I don't know that I've ever heard people really refer to what you explained as kara, but you aren't wrong in calling it that as it is an empty attack. That is considered more along the lines of canceling, as the jab is overridden by other frames as soon as it is done. Kara jab is when the attack animation for the jab still exists, only it has different properties from a jab.
imo u can't cancel the jab animation whenever u want,let's hit the lab: low punch connection frame №11, recovery frame №19
if u register jab and then after that u register high kick to cancel the jab animation, hit will occure, but it will cut the recovery time let's say to frame number 13.
I mean that we can reffer "cancelling" only to recovery frames, and i think there is no way to cancel the exact LP animation before it connects.
We need to ask remz, what will happen if we register HK after 1,2 or 3 frames after registering LP, (HK have connection frame №8, which is 3frames earlier than LP), maybe HK will cancel the LP, but we will not see the actual LP animation interrupting, probably animation frame comes later at let's say 4 or 5 frame after registering, that's why we cant see startup lp animation getting interruped.
that is all imo

Yeah I suppose it simply isn't spoken because there is no real good time to explain it's uses to people. You cancel jabs with run, for jab lockdown, and you cancel a jab with hk or lk for potential jump-aways and there is not much more to it than that.
again, jab-HK cancelling is not "option select", if you locking someone down with run-hk canceling, and then he jumps away, high kick will not occure as best option in that situation, unless you miss the timing and HK will accidentally come out.

I think there is a few more ways to adjust umk3, and it is simple - rebalance damage from some combos
best option

ps: no offense to any1. and sorry for my eng too.

Good post. And I agree the combo damage adjustments are about all I would accept to change the game.

As much as I think of ways to counter what people don't like about the block/jab problem, I don't think there's one that would work and also leave the positive effects of the glitch in the game.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
There was a big discussion going on in february started by you, and the point was that everyone was complaining about Defense jabs , and when i was reading the thread i didn't get why Defjabs are "cheap fest" and kara jabs are ok? its almost the same thing, if we speaking about non-stationary defjabs. Does this mean that you was against kara-jabbing too? the ones with block cancelling. This is confusing for me. If you was against, then i'll have to notice that u have very solid true kara-jabs (with block cancel) , and you did use them vs marv...so how can you be against kj tactics? and if you accept KJabbing, then how can u hate on DefJabs?? kara and def - they both are safe, in offline you can react on sweeps and block them, so kara becomes def jab(non-stationary). thats paradox for me lol
If you would have read the entire thread you would have seen my change of heart on the matter. I'm not against Kara Jabbing or Glitch Jabbing, but obviously a lot of people are.

NoDoubt

nasty
People who cant handle them generally are against them. I believe they simplify the game in a lotta ways, but also make it more competitive at the same time. It really creates a gap between high level and casual players as well.

MKK hanzo

They can start by balancing the game, maybe actually add in some character depth so that every character doesn't play the same in this generic jab fest.
ugh, I dont want a SSF2 HD Sirlin... eh HD Remix 2 please thx. A SF dumbed down for HE (Sirlin) to win.

BTW: Who is umk_p1?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Wouldn't mind seeing updates to all of them, but I'm sure since Capcom got away with it with MVC2, NRS can with UMK3, MK2 etc.

Pretty much what I said initially, would be neat to them updated/patched but they'll still be great regardless.

I would definitely want to see minor updates though that aren't a big deal, like say an invisible cursor option, make it from 4-8 people in a room/KOTH style, improved online experience, less lag etc, etc things like that that shouldn't be a big deal.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
Invisible cursor option would be nice lol. Maybe even nicer if they do it like in snes version (rotating the control/stick 360 degress to hide your cursor)

Does anyone know anything new about this? some more screenshots, announcements, anything?

NoDoubt

nasty
Thought it was august? Now sept?
listed for Aug. 30th at gamestop. listed for Sept. 30th on the XBL and PSN upcoming games list arcade schedule. not sure which dates are right yet but the 30th of Sept. is when the classic fight stick is released as well.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
The game would definitely be a lot more organic without the ability to stay on offense and defense at the same time. A lot more back and forth, unless H Smoke or Kabal are involved. I really think that in order to stay on offense there should be an inherit amount of risk involved and kara-jabbing really kills that notion. I'm a kara-jabber but I'd like to see how the game would play without the ability to cancel your jabs with block.

I still hit block when I'm AA-punching in MK9, actually. Force of habit.

AC1984

Kaballin!
I wish the block doesn't work while Lp is pressed and I also wish throw is a two button command.