What's new

MK Arcade Kollection Wish List

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Just state some things you hope are in the new MK Arcade Kollection that's coming out on the PS3 and 360.

-Good netcode

-Button configuration

-2v2 online battles in UMK3

-Lobbies

-A decent leaderboard

-A penalty other than getting a loss for quitting before the match is over

-Good matchmaking

-Patches for the glitches that may arise from matchmaking

That's all for now. Can't wait for this, the only thing this really needs is the first two. Good netcode and button config!

REO

Undead
They can start by balancing the game, maybe actually add in some character depth so that every character doesn't play the same in this generic jab fest.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
MK will definitely be on a very strong rise at tournaments with this kollection... then again I don't wanna speak too soon. Taking your ^ quote into consideration.

not trolling, but i won't be surprised if this doesn't get to xbox live or we get it late? otherwise, i would like to see button configs but everything else the exact same. arcade perfect.

DCT

Noob
will this game be eligible for patches..?
I highly doubt it as I personally don't think NRS and who ever is doing the collection can convince WB to bankroll re-balancing, updating and doing patches for a collection of 15 year old or so games. Now if this was the canceled HD collection that may been a possibility but sadly not with this.

They'd likely patch bugs and optimize networking etc, but not rebalance. They're retro games which played a particular way and are probably staying that way :)

McNasty

Moist.
button config
online with decent netcode
option to turn off filtering
arcade perfect
highly doubt they could do it but corner jab inf out.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Personally, I'm not going to bother getting it if there isn't GGPO. With the current 'improvements' to MK9 online I'm pretty annoyed, sure the games that DO connect are smoother but I can only connect to like 1/8-10 games now...it's bogus. I mean, c'mon now.

What's the deal NRS? Are you just sending out a latency requirement for the game to even connect? I don't get this. Yet another band-aid approach to the situation so it seems. I'm buying 3rd strike the day it comes out because it fulfills every requirement for me. ;)

AC1984

Kaballin!
Very reasonable things Juggs but the game is already finished and whatever they did, thats going to be it.

NoDoubt

nasty
By the looks of the pictures it appears the characters will be unlocked by default, but if they arent that would be dumb lol

I think it would be cool if they took out infinites but whatever their doin to the game, hope its good.

AC1984

Kaballin!
UMK3 without Karas and glitch should be awesome, however some stuff are gonna become useless if karajabs are gone.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I'm not trying to be negative here, but do you guys legitimately feel that many people will play the original MKs outside of 3 to this day? I realize that 3rd Strike OE is coming out, and I never got into the series when I was younger, but the game is very deep and it'll have GGPO...that alone will make me buy it.

Even if I do not continue playing the game, I'll buy it to simply show Capcom that I will support games being released with GGPO and the innovative features such as the extensive trainer and direct uploads to youtube.

REO

Undead
There is one simple fix to make UMK3 characters unique.

UMK3:
Take out kara / glitch jabs.
I love kara jabs just as much as the next guy, but the game is 10x better without them. Imagine a Kano that can use his cannonball without being blocked by an attack. Makes PERFECT sense.

Glitch jabs, of course, shouldn't be in the game.

If you want these games to be played by more people I think those fixes should be done. I'm sure I'll get some hate for the kara jabs being taken out, but just because you like them doesn't mean you are right.

Maybe there could be a patched version and an original for each :)
That actually makes total sense. If it weren't for glitch jabs, then a majority of the useless specials currently would FINALLY have a use. It would also eliminate the braindead rushdown simultaneously. Only major problem I see now is Kabal would be even more insanely broken since you can't start offense on him in a safe way, hence why the game needs to be balanced as well.

I'm hoping PC version gets hacked so we can tweak damage percentages and frames.

DCT

Noob
Haha, they will still exist to some degree but it would be nice to have both versions. An updated one and an old school ones.

Here is a gif I made of what Kabals dash should be if the kara jabs are taken out.
The frames to tweak it are already in the game from his run, but you wouldn't even necessarily have to even modify the dash animation, just when it becomes active.

It will even help with his nasty, instant aaDash properties as well. Tiny tweak ftw.
Really, only a few damage nerfs/buffs maybe and you have an even better game.

It would even make characters like Mieena usable!

Seriously this needs to be done even by a hacker on the PC version like REO suggested.

AC1984

Kaballin!
ZAQ, excellent idea about Kabal, now I wanna add a dash cancel by holding B+blk and you have the most broken god tier peace of shit character in all fighters

BATTLEBEAR

NJ Jobber
playable version of mk1 reptile :reptile:. Naw just messing i honestly want good netkode. Rebalancing is iffy with arcade gems. SF3:3s:OE isn't changing anything so i doubt MK would either

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Kara Jabs are fine, it's just the kara with the block that you're complaining about. You can kara jab with run and iirc, with other normals too. So if they were to rebalance, I say leave them in just take out being able to cancel jabs, LP/HP, with block.

But I wasn't talking about a wish list for the games, just a wish list for features, like netcode and the like. I'm sure you guys know that though.