What's new

MK Arcade Kollection Wish List

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I just think there's a lack of knowledge when it comes to the Jabs. There's only one player in the US who truly uses the GJ's to their potential, Marv. And besides that, there's only a few players who can use the GJ's effectively. Most players have no clue about the GJ's, so they don't use them or know how to beat them. Which creates an enormous skill gap between the players who do use them and have experience against them. I'm not saying GJ's are the only reason these select few are good, just that there's almost no way they can lose vs a player who doesn't use them or doesn't know how to beat them.

The competition just isn't there for UMK3. At the highest levels, you need to be able to use and defend against the GJ's. And there's only a handful of people that can do that. Even when players find out about the GJ's, most of them drop the game because the idea of it is retarded. I used to get irked at the people that would say UMK3 is just "jab jab jab jab", but it's true. That's not all it is but that's what it looks like, and that's what takes place for the majority of the matches.

Anyway, my point is that too few of people have knowledge of the GJ's or utilize them. I think if competition is going to grow, people are going to have to start taking the GJ's to the MarvinrastaMAX and beyond. If you see someone not using the GJ's, tell them about them. We can't improve as a community if people aren't playing at their best, with all of the game's options available and known to them.

NoDoubt

nasty
ya, imo the jabs are both good and bad at the same time. I personally dont mind them, but they combinationally simplify the gameplay to an extent, yet make it more competitive at the same time. Players can no longer spam specials or get lucky wins off of random shit, so a deeper level of reading ur opponent is kinda created..like guessing when they arent blocking ect. Matches are also a lot longer as opposed to havin no jabs.

I think they also really lop-side the tier list of course...GJ kabals are godlike lol. But the skill gap like jugg said is also really lop-sided too.

I 100% agree with juggernaut, and i know at the first time he thinking same as many players - gj kills umk. But! He changed his opinion after few days or weeks, and i absolutly agree - gj - is the next step of hi level umk3. It is deeper than just jab jab jab, as many players thinks. I'm trying to use these jabs in the game but it is so dificult to make it correct and perfect, and it is not a drug for win, it is just one of the tools, to helps you. To be champion you need more than just gj. Marv is so far, and it is a hard work to reach him, so you can drop umk3 and gj will be reason for you to stop playing. And you can incrase your skill by learning gj, and you will see what it is and how hard it is. And if you do, you will play on the next level. And second of all it is funny and it is new feeling during the game

eks

Noob
The only thing I'd really like to see is a fix for the auto-block jabs in UMK3. I don't think they're changing the in-game code, so I don't see this happening, unfortunately.

Durango

Enhancer
I can think of a few.

-Training mode
-Seriously dumb down the A.I. from being frantically cheap
-Move list available on the pause screen