What's new

Match-up Discussion Mileena Matchup Discussion Thread

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Yeah you're right actually, I haven't honestly gone back and looked at any page past 7 tbh :)

Death

Noob
This is my personal MU chart with Mileena. Ill post descriptions for each matchup through time.

Baraka: 5-5
Cage: 3-7
CSZ: 6-4
Cyrax: 5-5
Ermac: 5-5
Freddy: 5-5
Jade: 5-5
Jax: 4-6
Kabal: 5-5
Kano: 6-4
Kenshi: 3-7
Kitana: 5-5
KL: 4-6
Liu Kang: 5-5
NW: 6-4
Noob: 6-4
Quan Chi: 5-5
Raiden: 5-5
Rain: 5-5
Reptile: 5-5
Scorpion: 5-5
Sektor: 5-5
Shang: 5-5
Sheeva: 7-3
Sindel: 6-4
Skarlet: 5-5
Smoke: 4-6
Sonya: 3-7
Stryker: 5-5
Sub-Zero: 4-6
Total: 147

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
This is my personal MU chart with Mileena. Ill post descriptions for each matchup through time.

Ermac: 5-5
Kenshi: 3-7
Kung Lao: 4-6
Sonya: 4-6
I agree with Kung Lao and Sonya especially - those two being common counter-picks. Kenshi? I don't consider that a bad match because she can get in on him yet cross up easier than most like Jade for example. Ermac I feel for Mileena is 4-6 because he can punish her real badly with his Lift if he catches her and he can Teleport~Lift if she jumps yet alone he can turtle the match punish her Roll/Teleport Kick with 1~Lift and her Ex Teleport D1~Lift including keeping her rushdown out with his Push. Trade his fireballs with her Sais, he has no need to jump at all since he can just sit back and bait. His damage output is so much more higher than hers that it requires her to play safe and slowly chip his energy. To me her worst ones are Kung Lao, Sonya and Ermac. Kung Lao's Spin stops every attempt attack, his Teleport 3 stuffs her up close, F3 getting in - tough. Sonya can turtle the match too, her high damage output beats Mileena, she has a range of anti-air options, the same exact Mileena D4 poke, armored Arc Kick and Cartwheel, her Dive Kick beats pokes. Getting in on Sonya with Mileena is tough, basically she can just Sai Toss spam all day but even Sonya has ways getting in. I just feel good reads, turtle, zoning is like the only way to beat these 3.

Death

Noob
Noooo Kenshi is horrendous and Ermac is not a bad MU. If anything that MU is in Mileenas favor..Ill post my descriptions beside the MUs soon.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I agree with Kung Lao and Sonya especially - those two being common counter-picks. Kenshi? I don't consider that a bad match because she can get in on him yet cross up easier than most like Jade for example. Ermac I feel for Mileena is 4-6 because he can punish her real badly with his Lift if he catches her and he can Teleport~Lift if she jumps yet alone he can turtle the match punish her Roll/Teleport Kick with 1~Lift and her Ex Teleport D1~Lift including keeping her rushdown out with his Push. Trade his fireballs with her Sais, he has no need to jump at all since he can just sit back and bait. His damage output is so much more higher than hers that it requires her to play safe and slowly chip his energy. To me her worst ones are Kung Lao, Sonya and Ermac. Kung Lao's Spin stops every attempt attack, his Teleport 3 stuffs her up close, F3 getting in - tough. Sonya can turtle the match too, her high damage output beats Mileena, she has a range of anti-air options, the same exact Mileena D4 poke, armored Arc Kick and Cartwheel, her Dive Kick beats pokes. Getting in on Sonya with Mileena is tough, basically she can just Sai Toss spam all day but even Sonya has ways getting in. I just feel good reads, turtle, zoning is like the only way to beat these 3.
youve never played a good kenshi im guessing

id say mil vs kit is 5-5 other than that i agree 100% w death

also lao 5-5

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
What makes the Mileena-Kenshi matchup 3-7 for her? I'm curious. Not trying to debate it considering my Kenshi kinda sucks. lol.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Death's MU chart looks perfect.

Idk about Kenshi being THAT bad, although I did get bodied by Sabin's so idk

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
youve never played a good kenshi im guessing

id say mil vs kit is 5-5 other than that i agree 100% w death

also lao 5-5
Mileena vs Kitana is 5-5, they both have the comeback factor and can counter each other in the air and on ground it just depends who makes the wrong move, Kitana having a higher damage output and unbreakable fans to close a round and Mileena is really fast, instills the fear of jumping and her D4 poke reach.

No one plays Kenshi online unfortunately. I ran into TS Sabin in Ranked Match but he used Reptile so I don't have experience with what he's capable of. I've played Faded Dreams Kenshi and learned he's so bad for rushdown characters and for zoners trying to get in, Jade being the worst of all - so bad, it's really sad.

Sonya vs Mileena.... that's just awful too! Poor Mileena.

Pig Of The Hut

Mileena vs Kitana is 5-5, they both have the comeback factor and can counter each other in the air and on ground it just depends who makes the wrong move, Kitana having a higher damage output and unbreakable fans to close a round and Mileena is really fast, instills the fear of jumping and her D4 poke reach.

No one plays Kenshi online unfortunately. I ran into TS Sabin in Ranked Match but he used Reptile so I don't have experience with what he's capable of. I've played Faded Dreams Kenshi and learned he's so bad for rushdown characters and for zoners trying to get in, Jade being the worst of all - so bad, it's really sad.

Sonya vs Mileena.... that's just awful too! Poor Mileena.
There are high level kenshis online you just havent found them yet

kenshi has 2 bad MUs

Damn, I agree 100% with Death's MU chart except Ermac vs Mileena being 5-5. I struggle so much with this MU online and offline. Maybe it's just me and I'm missing something.

Velvet Sack

A Dream and a Dream
What makes the Mileena-Kenshi matchup 3-7 for her? I'm curious. Not trying to debate it considering my Kenshi kinda sucks. lol.
It's definitely rough. I've played KingHippo's Kenshi for a fair chunk of time. Right now I'd be inclined to call it a 4-6, but it might be a 3-7. In a nutshell, Kenshi's teleflurry and overhead swords shut down her projectile game, so she has no option but to get in on him. This is a real pain in the ass, since those moves and Spirit Charge severely limit her options for doing so. The Mileena player really needs to read/bait the opponent well in order to find/create opportunities to punish. Once she's in, she dominates and has good options to stay on him, e. g. otg telekick set ups.

I also think Death's chart looks good. My numbers would differ in:

Cage: 6-4. This is similar to the Sub-Zero matchup. IAS is a real problem for Johnny. Once he gets in, escaping his pressure isn't especially hard if you know his strings. Most of them are neutral on block and 11f1, which is at advantage, completely whiffs against a crouch-blocking Mileena. Poke out and get away from him or start your own pressure if you have meter to break.

Kenshi: 4-6. Maybe. See above.

Smoke: 4-6. Smoke is another character who Mileena needs to get in on, and she needs to take a risk in order to do so. He makes it tough for her to get in with Smoke away, shuts down her projectile game with shake, and limits telekicks with smoke bomb. It's not quite as hard as Kenshi, but still pretty tough.

Lao could be 5-5, as well.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
There are high level kenshis online you just havent found them yet

kenshi has 2 bad MUs
I was on PS3 the other day, there was some player in King of the Hill room who had like 50+ winning streak playing Kenshi only, I posted it on GameFAQS (link posted below). All I have to say that match up is so bad after playing that Kenshi player with Mileena like 6 times, it was so impossible to get in AND staying in. I didn't win any but I agree with you 100% after that experience. I can only imagine for characters without Teleport assistance XD

My Kenshi Topic -
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/961032-mortal-kombat/61787496

Pig Of The Hut

I was on PS3 the other day, there was some player in King of the Hill room who had like 50+ winning streak playing Kenshi only, I posted it on GameFAQS (link posted below). All I have to say that match up is so bad after playing that Kenshi player with Mileena like 6 times, it was so impossible to get in AND staying in. I didn't win any but I agree with you 100% after that experience. I can only imagine for characters without Teleport assistance XD

My Kenshi Topic -
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/961032-mortal-kombat/61787496
:) :)

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Spin blows up any limb on reaction. She's limited because she can't jump or do telekick without getting spun.

You have to play somewhat risky to get in on him

Death

Noob
KL beats Mileena 6-4. Mileena cant punish KL Low hat so KL can pressure and do Low hat. All Mileena can do after a blocked Low hat is D+4 for space. Mileena obviously cant cross over KL and jump in on him because of the 6 frame spin. Mileenas best bet is to IAS KL and Roll a whiff KL Roll. Also KLs tele can be punished by Mileenas uppercut but only on read. If your a jedi you can try and roll KLs Tele. This MU is bad for Mileena but winnable. It was a lot worse before KL got his nerfs.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
If you go to d4 KL, he'll spin you on reaction and win literally every time. You can't really do anything stupid in the MU.

Like lets say I go in, do 4,2 to him, if he thinks im going to do anything after, he can spin and win 100% of the time.

You can never crossover jump him, you'll get spun, you can never jump in at him because you'll get spun.

You really need to zone him and bait out spins and punish everything you can.

Force him to teleport, and roll away from ex tele

KL beats Mileena 6-4. Mileena cant punish KL Low hat so KL can pressure and do Low hat.
you mean she cant to punish the low hat on block, right? I saw people complainning in KL's forums that the new startup of the low hat allowed to jump forward between the end of the block string and the low hat becoming active, is that false then?

All Mileena can do after a blocked Low hat is D+4 for space. Mileena obviously cant cross over KL and jump in on him because of the 6 frame spin. Mileenas best bet is to IAS KL and Roll a whiff KL Roll.
cant you just keep throwing IAF nonstoped to build meter while he tries to get in? What KL does when you keep spamming IAF?

Also KLs tele can be punished by Mileenas uppercut but only on read. If your a jedi you can try and roll KLs Tele. This MU is bad for Mileena but winnable. It was a lot worse before KL got his nerfs.
Yea I see, its hard to punish it with SubZero aswell when KL does 3 as soon as possible, it hits SZ before he turns to hit 22 or even d1, at least KL cant combo after it.

My problem playing against milena was that I wasnt able to pressure her coz the first hit if his strings missed her while she was crouch blocking, then if I get near her all she had to do was to start spamming d3 or d4, the first of my hits misses and the second wont come out before the d3/d4, and if while I hadnt the life lead she just kept spamming IAF, I wasnt able to pressure her, the best I managed to do was to catch her in the air with jk + dive and to follow with a 25% combo, but for everytime that I managed to land that, she managed to land 3 30% combos starting with the IAF.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
the vs noob saibot match has always be a personal annoyance to me, mainly because of trades and upknee hitting mileena out of both telekick and roll,telekick sure but roll aswell,know it highs high but still

well found out something else annoying about the MU and upknee,dont know how known this is but if mileena tries to xray and noob does a upknee the xray will whiff and youll still take damage for the upknee :mad:

KL beats Mileena 6-4. Mileena cant punish KL Low hat so KL can pressure and do Low hat. All Mileena can do after a blocked Low hat is D+4 for space. Mileena obviously cant cross over KL and jump in on him because of the 6 frame spin. Mileenas best bet is to IAS KL and Roll a whiff KL Roll. Also KLs tele can be punished by Mileenas uppercut but only on read. If your a jedi you can try and roll KLs Tele. This MU is bad for Mileena but winnable. It was a lot worse before KL got his nerfs.
I just had the chance to play a lot vs Mileena with KL recently and I still think this matchup is good to Mileena. KL needs to reach Mileena in order to press with low hat, but all his combo's first hit misses while she is crouch blocking so whenever KL manages to get near Mileena, she have a lot of time to see it comming and to do a d4, a combo will take a lot of time to start jailing her. If KL is specting that, he may bait it and do a crossup jump, but the same d4 will make it to miss, even the deep jk misses a lot when mileena is spamming d4s, and when it misses KL is unable to block by a few frames, enough to Mileena to roll him or to hit a poke and get some frame adv. Theres the b33 that hits low, but doing b33 xx low hat leaves KL at point blank distance, Im sure mileena will be able to punish that string (21212 xx hat also leaves KL at almost point blank distance). And I still believe she can to jump over the hat when KL cancels a string with it, sadly my mileena's opponent didnt try it the few times I managed to jail him.

About spinning her crossups, she will crossup only during her rushdown/mixups games, and KL needs to react to it pretty fast because when she crosses up the buffering of the df is gone so you will have to redo the df to the other side but theres no time, if Mileena hits the punch at the right time it will hit and beat KL's spin because he wont be active yet (you will see the first frames of the spin, just the enough to get the KL player angry), and Mileena will still be able to land and continue the combo. To make the spin to come out and hit a crossup attempt you have to do it pretty early, you have to guess when she will stop hitting to start the jump and then release the block and do the spin, the same way you do when you want to mash a spin during one string and another. Its a guessing game thats is much worse to KL than it is to Mileena.

About KL´s teleport, simply do a d4 and you it will dodge the 4 different variations of KL's move. It wont hit KL (I think KL can to block the d4 in time) but good luck pressing her with your strings with her crouch blocking.

The matchs I managed to win were a result of sucessfull mashe spins plus Mileena's lack of caution, the guy sometimes just freaks out and does regular telekicks during the IAF spamming.

Ryza

Noob
Hey I just started playing Mortal kombat again when It came out for the vita. Used to hate raiden but when I saw he was s+ I wanted to learn someone else.

Anyways, What do I do vs Kenshi? I literally find it impossible to beat him.

And any other bnbs that don't require jump in?