What's new

Match-up Discussion Mileena Matchup Discussion Thread

You're rushing down a lot on Sonya which is a bad idea, you could've gotten EX Cartwheel'd a lot more. Don't jump in at Sonya, you can get standing 1'd as well. Also the random telekicks :S
ok so what should i have done then ..just give me a nice run down on what i could have done to accomplished some wins .. i would like answers from everyone please

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
i fixed the link i am sorry about that http://www.twitch.tv/trinigamers/b/321028128 my apologies time 3:13 .. i would really like to know what i did wrong and what i should have done to fought sonya better .. my first time ever with this mu
sorry man, the archive is unwatchable for me, its lagging so bad i can barely tell what moves are happening, im sure jer will set ya on right path anyways

sorry man, the archive is unwatchable for me, its lagging so bad i can barely tell what moves are happening, im sure jer will set ya on right path anyways
lagging? what speed internet u running on? cause i am only running 5 megs and it's not lagging for me ... u sure u put it on the exact time ?

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
ok so what should i have done then ..just give me a nice run down on what i could have done to accomplished some wins .. i would like answers from everyone please

Spamming d4 is a bad idea, especially against Sonya. She can dive kick it or ex cartwheel it.
You rushed WAYYYY too much. U have to play really patient against Sonya and try to force her to waste meter.
Your pressure can be a bit better too. It seemed like jip ~ u4~ 42 was your only pressure string. Try incorporating the 234, b14 and b3 strings.
Throw ALOT with mileena, she has one of the best throws in the game and some of the best tick throws.

When you have the life lead, just play patient. Zone Sonya out and when she gets in, be prepared to get out.

The jumping was a bit much also, bad idea against Sonya. Try to mix up the jumping with teleports to bait out AAs or use deep jump kicks.

Mileena has 3 moves that grant advantage on block: iAS(+5 on block), u4(+9 on block), and b14 ~ ex sai (+2 on.block). Use those to set up frame traps and mixups.

And just in case people didn't know, Mileena can beat out Sonya's wakeups. If you end combos with 42 teleport ( roll~ u4 ~ b14~ 42 teleport for example), the teleport will whiff and you will end up behind the her (if they don't tech roll). After that, if you delay the neckbite to hit as she wakes up, the neckbite will stuff ALL of her wakeups, even enhanced wakeups. The only exception is ex cartwheel, the attack grazes Sonya but mileena takes no damage.

Way too many wakeup attacks.
NEVER use telekick to get in unless you know it will hit (if they're carelessly throwing projectiles, etc.) or you're going to eat an uppercut (or worse!) every time.
Be very careful with your d4's.
Random rolls are bad for your health.
Random telekicks are bad for your health.
Try not to jump as much.
NEVER throw sais when Sonya is close to you.
If you use Up4 and they block it, don't try for a 2nd Up4.

1man3letters

lagging? what speed internet u running on? cause i am only running 5 megs and it's not lagging for me ... u sure u put it on the exact time ?
ah i think its just my computer then,its really acting up again 2day, computers made from potatoes fuck up alot :confused:

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
Ah, Hell. Might as well. If nothing else, we'll spark some conversation.

6-4 vs Baraka
6-4 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
5-5 vs Cyrax
Yes, he does get massive damage. But she can zone him which is something he struggles with. And I dont mean "zone" as in "spam iAS" I mean, she uses projectiles from a distance; but more importantly, she outspaces him up close. Telekick keeps him honest with Net spam. As long as Mileena can dance around Bombs, she can take this one, no doubt.
5-5 vs Ermac
5-5 vs Freddy Krueger
6-4 vs Jade
5-5 vs Jax
3-7 vs Johnny Cage
Definitely one of her worst. I've been a big advocate of "X-Ray that bitch!" and it works very well in this MU. But even still, it's just not enough. This is probably the easier of her 7-3s if that makes any sense because she can space him out to a certain degree. The problem is that she will eventually find a corner, and that's when it's all over.
4-6 vs Kabal
6-4 vs Kano
3-7 vs Kenshi
5-5 vs Kitana
4-6 vs Kung Lao
I really think Ball Roll is MVP in this MU. a forward dash into a Ball Roll will punish Teleport. This takes away one of Kung Lao's best mobility and pressure tools. Spin keeps Mileena honest and takes away a lot of her pressure (think 42, D3, 42), but as long as she's willing to play around that, she's golden. Exit "Kill that Bitch!" mode and start playing counter-style. Force him to go offensive so you punish HIS mistakes. Not the other way around.
5-5 vs Liu Kang
6-4 vs Nightwolf
6-4 vs Noob Saibot
I'm pretty confident in calling this one in her favor. He can Upknee a random Teleport/Jump in, and he can Teleport iAS spam. That's just about all he has going for him in this MU though.
5-5 vs Quan Chi
4-6 vs Raiden
I've seen it called 5-5 ... am I mising something? I thought Tele was -13. It takes ~3f to turn around from neutral standing, and her fastest punish (11xxBall Roll) is 11f. He gets free Tele's all day. She can still play footsies with him, but his advantages seem to outweigh hers.
5-5 vs Rain
6-4 vs Reptile
Things work against him that do not work against any other character in the game. As long as she does Ground Sai to zone when she expects a trade (she wont be knocked down by Acid Spit if she uses Ground Sai during a trade. This prevents him from gaining zoning momentum), I really feel like this one is hers to lose. Ball Roll will also trade favourably with Elbow Dash if you feel ballsy; if nothing else landing it once will keep him honest about throwing it out there for mobility. Pig showed at TRK just how brutal the MU can be.
5-5 vs Scorpion
Could be 6-4 in her favour as well. She can actually Roll his EN Teleport on reaction, it's just hard to do. Seems pretty even, but if I could do that consistently, I could see it swinging the MU.
5-5 vs Sektor
5-5 vs Shang Tsung
8-2 vs Sheeva
So free.
6-4 vs Sindel
5-5 vs Skarlet
4-6 vs Smoke
3-7 vs Sonya Blade
This MU is currently the bane of my existence. I've been playing Blake trying to get a feel for it. (We had a pretty lengthy set the other day. I need to start recording.) Anyway, this may be her toughest MU. Sonya has straight-up counters to everything. It would honestly be an 2-8, imo, were it not for the fact that Ball Roll can punish Dive Kick on block, so it keeps Sonya honest with throwing it out. Mileena has to really weigh the risk of each and every D4 in this MU more so than any. She also CANNOT do jP, U4, 42 when she lands a safe jump because Dive Kick can interrupt between the blocked jP and the U4. And then there's Bite Trap, but Bite is -11 ... so if Sonya simply Blocks, you're eating a combo.
5-5 vs Stryker
5-5 vs Sub-Zero
I just don't see it being a bad MU at all. I feel in control midscreen. Clone stops her D4 and Tele-kick. So what? She shouldnt be doing tele-kick unless it's sure to hit anyway, and D4 is a good spacing tool, but its not necessary to win by any means. iAS hits Sub with enough time to block an Ice Ball. She can punish blocked Slide with U4, and the lack of a 6f D1 makes it tough for him to deal with D3 once she starts pressure. TICK THROW in a way that ALWAYS puts you as far away from the corner as possible. You should be getting around 6-7 throws a round with Mileena anyway. Use them for spacing.

Yep. That's only 7 bad MUs. And I'm pretty confident in that. of course, I'm definitely not one of the people who will ever be accused of underselling this character.

Feel free to agree or disagree. I'd love **discussion** Not arguments. Maybe we can change each other's minds on a few things ^_^

1man3letters

just to nip it in the bud because two people has posted it there recently,
mileena vs baraka is not 6-4 its 5-5, just saying ;)

thank you everyone for the input in the sonya vs mileena mu i appreciate it greatly .. also i would like one more input from you guys .. they say one of reptile's bad match up is mileena but for some strange reason i have some problems with her and i don't punish his dash properly .. can i get some feed back on mistakes i made and how i could have played better and punish his dash at time 2:38 http://www.twitch.tv/trinigamers/b/321028128 .. this was when i got eliminated out of looser's finals

Zangrief

Noob
thank you everyone for the input in the sonya vs mileena mu i appreciate it greatly .. also i would like one more input from you guys .. they say one of reptile's bad match up is mileena but for some strange reason i have some problems with her and i don't punish his dash properly .. can i get some feed back on mistakes i made and how i could have played better and punish his dash at time 2:38 http://www.twitch.tv/trinigamers/b/321028128 .. this was when i got eliminated out of looser's finals
Oooh. I'd love some input on this as well. Reptile drives me crazy. I feel he can dash on me all day.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
does anybody have a vids for subzero vs mileena? I seem to have a lot of problems here (especially in the corner) thanks.
Personally I don't have any videos, but in the corner it's tough.

What exactly are the problems, I'll see if I can give any suggestions to help you out.

My problem is once subzero's clone has you in the corner it's over there's nothing I can do except try to EX telekick out and that's taking a chance of getting blocked and punished if I D4 I get frozen if I try and jump out he can 22freeze and combo. Mileena has no armor that I'm aware of so thats not a option. The only thing I can do is not get trapped in the corner it's annoying as hell.

x18x2xwildx

Something wicked this way comes.
Are people still saying Mileena vs Stryker is 5-5? I was playing around with them in training and noticed, on wakeup, Mileena can avoid all of Stryker's options with U+4... even his wakeup enhanced roll toss, she goes right over it then has time to punish him on whiff. I found it interesting, and really, knowing this there's no reason to give Stryker any room to breathe once you've knocked him down.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Are people still saying Mileena vs Stryker is 5-5? I was playing around with them in training and noticed, on wakeup Mileena can avoid all of Stryker's options with U+4... even his wakeup enhanced roll toss, she goes right over it then has time to punish him on whiff. I found it interesting, and really, knowing this there's no reason to give Stryker any room to breathe once you've knocked him down.
Too bad no one plays Stryker

Espio

Kokomo
Are people still saying Mileena vs Stryker is 5-5? I was playing around with them in training and noticed, on wakeup, Mileena can avoid all of Stryker's options with U+4... even his wakeup enhanced roll toss, she goes right over it then has time to punish him on whiff. I found it interesting, and really, knowing this there's no reason to give Stryker any room to breathe once you've knocked him down.
It's 4-6 Mileena's favor. Everyone can counter those wake ups though, if you get predictable.

My problem is once subzero's clone has you in the corner it's over there's nothing I can do except try to EX telekick out and that's taking a chance of getting blocked and punished if I D4 I get frozen if I try and jump out he can 22freeze and combo. Mileena has no armor that I'm aware of so thats not a option. The only thing I can do is not get trapped in the corner it's annoying as hell.
i'm going to try to ask this again since this one went unanswered.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
i'm going to try to ask this again since this one went unanswered.
The only problem she has is in the corner against sub. You'll need to eat a hit and break out or hope the sub does something stupid, that's literally it.

x18x2xwildx

Something wicked this way comes.
So can every character interrupt Mileena during her enhanced teleport, or just a certain few with armor? Last night I played against Solid for a good while and he was using Cyrax's AA grab inbetween teles... I didn't even know that was possible.

Death

Noob
So can every character interrupt Mileena during her enhanced teleport, or just a certain few with armor? Last night I played against Solid for a good while and he was using Cyrax's AA grab inbetween teles... I didn't even know that was possible.
Yeah air throws, armor, x-ray, CSZ parry, KL spin can interrupt the ex telekick. But its not the easiest thing to do.

Somberness

Lights
You can with armor or invincibility. The amount of time you have depends on the character and where the teleport lands.
Yeah air throws, armor, x-ray, CSZ parry, KL spin can interrupt the ex telekick. But its not the easiest thing to do.
Spin might be a stretch, but I've never tried it.

Haven't been here in almost a year. So in looking at the matchup numbers now apparently Kenshi and Cage are worse than KL? Was there some new tech or something that changed this?