What's new

Match-up Discussion Mileena Matchup Discussion Thread

Hmm i disagree with two of these

Sub Zero = 5-5 at worst
cyrax = 6-4 Mil

And yes NW IS DEFINITELY 6-4 MILEENA
The reason I have it listed as 5/5 with Cyrax, even though I believe Mileena has all the tools to zone him well and keep him from playing his game, right now, all it takes is one net to even the game up. And since we're looking at "top" Cyrax vs "top" Mileena, it's simply not realistic to see it as the Cyrax never landing a net. He doesn't have the 80% or whatever reset anymore, but his damage output is still above and beyond Mileenas. Otherwise it'd be in her favor for sure.

As for Sub-Zero, she won the match before because she could zone him all day. (D4, ground sai, iAS, roll to other side of screen, jump away, repeat). With him having armor now, this is not as simple. Subzero builds meter fairly quickly with blocked strings, into clone, into more specials. And he's still a nuisance in corners. She doesn't get destroyed by him, but it just doesn't feel like she has a real edge like pre patch.

Couple more
6-4 over CSz
5-5 skarlet - they seriously are almost the same character lol in weird ways

baraka might win 6-4 over mileena. It's a bad MU I need to test more
I thought CSZ was at disadvantage, fighting Guamokun made me think different. I beat him, but it felt like it was because I read him better instead of Mileena blowing up the match. Mileena controls the air, but she cant do it all the time since slide beats iAS. Dive kicks will sometimes beat roll for some reason. (The low divekick is safe vs her too). D4 and Roll do destroy parry pretty nicely though. You might be right, though as my experience with this matchup isn't as extensive as most.

Baraka spin beats D4 now? Is it still duckable at least? If not, then it's basically KL spin and that's a problem.

As for Skarlet, based on what I know she can do vs what Mil can do, I thought it was 5/5 also. So I'll take your word for it since I haven't played ANY Skarlets post patch. I didn't want to throw a rating down I wasn't sure of.

[MENTION=8871]Death[/MENTION] - Here's a breakdown of the Ermac vs. Mil matchup:

Mileena can zone Ermac from outside his TKP range with sais (ground and iAS) until he either teleports in, or dash blocks. (his teleport is U4 punishable) The other things with Ermac is that he has a real problem moving forward, and of course he has trouble dealing with crossover jumps.

What this means is that Mileena can pressure him up close with blockstrings into crossups, (not as much D4), until he's forced to guess to get out of it. Ermac's lack of forward mobility makes it so that jumping with him is important... and as we all know Mileena preys on the airborne. So aside from TKP range, Ermac is at a disadvantge at any other point on the screen. It is still in his favor, but not quite a nightmare matchup.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Baraka spin beats D4 now? Is it still duckable at least? If not, then it's basically KL spin and that's a problem.
huh????
that doesnt make sense,a low poke is the only way to hit raka when he spins, ive d4 barakas spin with baraka and his d4 hitbox bigger than mimi's???
ye you can netrual crouch it and it will whiff, it aint no kung spin ill tell ya that but its good and he needed it,especially after the chop chop nerf

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
huh????
that doesnt make sense,a low poke is the only way to hit raka when he spins, ive d4 barakas spin with baraka and his d4 hitbox bigger than mimi's???
ye you can netrual crouch it and it will whiff, it aint no kung spin ill tell ya that but its good and he needed it,especially after the chop chop nerf
I'll test this today it was me who brought it up

I still think baraka is favored in this matchup

Zero: I agree about sub zero actually after thinking more about it. Good stuff man

I still think mileena over CSz cause she can zone him out and get 35% off blocked dive and parry and 25% of IAS hitting

Zero: I agree about sub zero actually after thinking more about it. Good stuff man

I still think mileena over CSz cause she can zone him out and get 35% off blocked dive and parry and 25% of IAS hitting
Yo, can she really get 35% off blocked divekick? What are you punishing with? Cause I always default to roll which nets 26%.

With Parry I just roll. I can't figure out the timing where he's vulnerable, so I end up getting back-to-back parried if I do anything else.

Pig Of The Hut

Yo, can she really get 35% off blocked divekick? What are you punishing with? Cause I always default to roll which nets 26%.

With Parry I just roll. I can't figure out the timing where he's vulnerable, so I end up getting back-to-back parried if I do anything else.
On parry I'm pretty sure u can b3 ex roll it

And I should have been more clear, blocked close dive above waist gets u 4 otherwise gets the roll

@Pig - If memory serves, B3 doesn't work on parrys of any kind (CSZ, Kratos, Smoke), unless the patch fixed this. I'll test it in a bit to see, but I think it counts as parryable.

LOL. CSZ can EX Parry between the 1st and 2nd part of EX telekick?.... ...So why is this match in Mil's favor again?

Also why do you think Raiden is only 6/4 in his favor? I feel like it's even worse. (I have the decimals since that's what the rest of the community uses)

Edited the chart listings for Skarlet and CSZ.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
The reason I have it listed as 5/5 with Cyrax, even though I believe Mileena has all the tools to zone him well and keep him from playing his game, right now, all it takes is one net to even the game up. And since we're looking at "top" Cyrax vs "top" Mileena, it's simply not realistic to see it as the Cyrax never landing a net.
Sure Cyrax is going to land a net eventually, but it will most likely grab her out of an iAS which is 30% at most with a bomb setup and a Mileena throwing iAS all day on Cyrax is going to have meter to break more often than not.

I'm not a Mileena player or a top Cyrax player but I understand how this game works. I'd say it's 6-4 Mileena, take it as you will.

Pig Of The Hut

@Pig - If memory serves, B3 doesn't work on parrys of any kind (CSZ, Kratos, Smoke), unless the patch fixed this. I'll test it in a bit to see, but I think it counts as parryable.

LOL. CSZ can EX Parry between the 1st and 2nd part of EX telekick?.... ...So why is this match in Mil's favor again?

Also why do you think Raiden is only 6/4 in his favor? I feel like it's even worse. (I have the decimals since that's what the rest of the community uses)

Edited the chart listings for Skarlet and CSZ.
Yea check out my CSZ video guide in the forum, it's pretty awesome u can do this.

The idea though for mileena is NEVER tele kick CSz just like u should NEVER tele kick ermac either. You're just asking for it.

The patch removed a ton if his parry options that were low so I imagine this was fixed as well. Onlykenshi low starter still is parry-able still from experience

Mileena can still zone him him out terribly w constant Sai and tele ONLY if he shoots ice or bombs. After tele kick connects it should be followed by 4 2 mixups not u 4

U 4 is all around a bad idea against CSz unless punishing close block dive or blocked slide.

Raiden is interesting - I actually would like to try and test somethings this Wednesday on stream. Twitch.tv/atlmk we have an offline casual group that meets bi weekly

I'd like to show u some things against raiden that really help this matchup

Zoning raidens don't fair well against Mileena IMO due to roll (under projectile) and tele kick on reaction. So now u have to worry about a rushdown raiden

I know CSz can parry in between 90% of raiden strings (again see my CSz video) reason I bring this up is ecause mileena has a 6 frame d1 that I'm pretty sure can be used against raiden and interrupt 90% of his strings as well.

I don't know this for sure but promise to test this on stream Wednesday and record it to post. I always pick CSz against RAI cause he jacks raiden up :) little known secret

Pig Of The Hut

Sure Cyrax is going to land a net eventually, but it will most likely grab her out of an iAS which is 30% at most with a bomb setup and a Mileena throwing iAS all day on Cyrax is going to have meter to break more often than not.

I'm not a Mileena player or a top Cyrax player but I understand how this game works. I'd say it's 6-4 Mileena, take it as you will.

Can Kitana d1 In between raiden strings?

Pig Of The Hut

Yes, but even when I know I am doing it right I still get hit by the last hit of 334 sometimes lol ... much easier on the b312 string for sure. You can xray between that thing lol
Nooo dont post my secret lol

I seriously love xray-ing mid string especially against Johnny Cage's corner BS

But yea ok so this means mileena can d1 and break the string w slight advantage on hit which opens the door.

:) Pig happy

I plan to make a Mileena Video Guide soon if there already isnt once showcasing this stuff.

Want to get w Zero and discuss what it should include. Major respect to him when we played.

Also Konqrr two things i was going to PM you, I could speak better chinese than fight against any Sonya (I do not speak one word of chinese) but that has since changed. I have completely downloaded that whore and re-buffed my mileena so Nov 10th against that sonya player will be ABSOLUTELY different. I, really happy that happened and now i'll be prepared.

When i go back and watch the videos I sort of cry in disgust

Zero: I dont know about 6-4 raiden, i need to really think about this and we both should play top raidens offline and online to check some stuff. It might go another way or 5-5. Im finding less and less reasons to be scared of raiden at all.

@Pig - If you got some anti Raiden tech with Mil, I'd be glad to see it. Mileenas D1.... I think it's just not that good. I know it's her fastest attack, but it's so negative on hit it's ridiculous. It's even punishable by fast specials on hit from what XXZ was saying when he did the frame data.

D3 is a frame slower and gives advantage, but I dunno if that's fast enough to interrupt Raiden strings. Oh well, guess I'll have to get used to doing D1 since I naturally D3 to escape pressure, lol.

EDIT: You were right about B3 beating parry now. Nice.

[MENTION=68]Konqrr[/MENTION] - It's all good. Nothing wrong with some input from other players who know their stuff. I'll put it as 6/4 Mil (maybe 5.5/4.5 if there's a lot of decent arguments from Cyrax players)

Pig Of The Hut

@Pig - If you got some anti Raiden tech with Mil, I'd be glad to see it. I personally hate Mileenas D1.... I think it's just not good. I know it's her fastest attack, but it's so negative on hit it's ridiculous. It's even punishable by fast specials on hit from what XXZ was saying when he did the frame data.

D3 is a frame slower and gives advantage, but I dunno if that's fast enough to interrupt Raiden strings. Oh well, guess I'll have to get used to doing that since I automatcially D3 to escape pressure, lol.

EDIT: You were right about B3 beating parry now. Nice.

[MENTION=68]Konqrr[/MENTION] - It's all good. Nothing wrong with some input from other players who know their stuff. I'll put it as 6/4 Mil (maybe 5.5/4.5 if there's a lot of decent arguments from Cyrax players)
yea we're all here to help each other never to try to out do. Lol I could be wrong all the time :)

ROCK! Thats cool about b3 ex roll, yea see they fixed 95% of the low attacks on his parry. Oh but you should know EX ROLL on its own is parry-able crazy huh? I believe only on its 2nd hit if done too far away Cause it bounces up towards the chest.

Yea wednesday night i have ass loads of mileena vs raiden tech to try out and will post with results.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I plan to make a Mileena Video Guide soon if there already isnt once showcasing this stuff.

Want to get w Zero and discuss what it should include. .
i would love if that happened, front page news for sure :cheers:

and i do agree in what you said with baraka having advantage over mileena,charge beating roll is just so big imo

Welp, looks like I was wrong about Noob being even. That overhead shadow makes it at least at 6/4 in his favor. You can no longer get in on him without being forced to gamble an unsafe special or jumping. Having no armor kills Mileena in so many matches....

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Pig, I was actually planning on possibly making a Mileena video as well, so if you need some input on what to add in as well I'd love to help

Death

Noob
After playing lots of online and offline casuals and going my first offline tournament and playing with great players I'll make a mileena matchup. Any more experienced mileena players can comment on it but from my experience this is how i see the matchups.

Baraka: 5-5
Cyber Sub-Zero: 6-4
Cyrax: 6-4
Ermac: 3.5-6.5
Freddy: 7-3
Jade: 5.5-4.5
Jax: 5.5-4.5
Cage: 4.5-5.5
Kabal: 5-5
Kano: 6-4
Kenshi: 5-5
Kitana: 6-4
Kung Lao: 3-7
Liu Kang: 5-5
Nightwolf: 6-4
Noob: 6-4
Quan Chi: 6-4
Raiden: 4-6
Rain: 6-4
Reptile: 7-3
Scorpion: 6-4
Sektor: 6-4
Shang: 6-4
Sheeva: 7-3
Sindel: 7-3
Skarlet: 6-4
Smoke: 4.5-5.5
Sonya: 5.5-4.5
Stryker: 6-4
Sub-Zero: 5-5

Total: 168

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I really don't feel that Sheeva is a counter to Mileena at all, I played a Sheeva in tournament and before we even started playing he was like "This is gunna suck, Mileena counters Sheeva hard" then I 2-0'd him.

Just curious to why you guys feel that Sheeva is a bad mu.

[MENTION=3074]Jer[/MENTION] - Sheeva vs Mileena is in Mileena's favor not Sheeva's. Mil's far too mobile for her to keep up with. Telekick and/or iAS nearly completely shut down telestomp. And her counter zoning (roll/telekick) still wins vs Sheeva's improved fireballs.

I just said it wasn't so bad as to be an 8/2 matchup in my opinion.