What's new

Mileena General Discussion

Temptress

Edenian Empress
I'm pretty sure the hashtags are ironic. I'd hope we're all aware that she's solid, but I think they're just indirectly responding to claims others' have (not in this thread) that she's far better than she actually is.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
mileena is not good

easy way to test this is just compare her to characters you think shes better than

I don't think she's better than anyone other than the outright worst, therefore good is too strong a word for her, maybe alright, or decent.

Afumba

Noob
Mileena is good. You guys need to calm down
Nobody here saying she is bad. Temptress put it perfectly. She is solid, but thats about it. Enough people out there claiming she being super strong etcetc which is baffling to me. Lots of characters i put above her.

As time passes she is more likely to move down than up.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I can't believe this possible, I can't believe I didn't see this before!
B2 Mileena's only safe overhead which starts up in 25 frames is -11 when Flawless blocked and it's pretty reactable in the neutral if they are looking for it.

Of course it's still strong on knockdown but just saying, this made me cry.

That seems to be pretty standard for those types of overheads (Baraka's is also punishably negative on flawless block). It's unnecessary but there's a pattern with these types of overheads so at least the design appears to be consistent on those.

Sweet. I don't get off work for another six hours, but it should still be there by then.
Yeah, same.

I stopped grinding last night and was at 3% projected finish, so in the eleven hours between then and the Race's finish, I figure I should be around 3.5 to 4%. We'll see tonight.

Crazy idea, I’m away from the game, but has anyone tried following up a MB roll with a J3~MB air sais, B114 kb?

Edit: yup, crazy idea. They’re way too far away after amped sais

Last edited:

Afumba

Noob
How to deal with Rambo with Mileena: she has surprisingly a lot of options to counter him and I found an easy option select to get out of his pop-up string/grab pressure. IDK how useful it will be in a match but imo the throw is reactable if you duck and block quickly after the second hit of that string and it covers both options.

Thanks for this.

Claymore punish would be best to crossup jump punish him. You can do crossupj2, s3, dash d2, 34~ballAMP, d2 for 385,12 damage.

Even playing it super safe you could do crossupj2, s3, dash d2, f124 for 31%+ meterless. After crossupj2, s3 you can also follow up with the ji1/ji2 route or do super swaggy stuff with crossupj2, s3/s1~sai slide, f2~ballAMP into finisher.

Even if you are really late and he manages to block your crup j2 he will he launched and allow you d2, 34 combo.

Same thing works in the corner.
Crup j2, s3, j3, s34~ballAMP, ji1, f124 377,78
Crup j2, s3, j3 b114 KB 382,73
Crup j2, s3, j1, s3~ballAMP, b114 KB 400,64
Also crup j2, s3~sai slide into combo are possible and as said have a lot of swag. Sai slide mid combo is awesome :)

Would do a vid about it but i am not the vid kind of guy :-/

P.S. obiously after crup j2, s3 there is the claymore launch before the rest of combo

The fact that BF1 is sais is annoying because you can’t cancel her backdash into F1 (to try and bait and punish) without sais coming out, unless you wait for the backdash to pretty much end

Edit: F1 is a ridiculous whiff punisher though (as long as you're out of range of their button). I just tried it on a dummy Kitana doing random forward and back walks, as well as random B1 and B2’s and was able to do F1~ball like everytime on reaction.... it is very different from playing an unpredictable human of course, but still nice that i could do it on reaction

Last edited:

Amirluc

Kaballin'
Crazy idea, I’m away from the game, but has anyone tried following up a MB roll with a J3~MB air sais, B114 kb?

Edit: yup, crazy idea. They’re way too far away after amped sais
In the corner you can almost hit it, but the 4 misses just barely lol...maybe someone more skilled than me can get it to land :coffee:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Thanks for this.

Claymore punish would be best to crossup jump punish him. You can do crossupj2, s3, dash d2, 34~ballAMP, d2 for 385,12 damage.

Even playing it super safe you could do crossupj2, s3, dash d2, f124 for 31%+ meterless. After crossupj2, s3 you can also follow up with the ji1/ji2 route or do super swaggy stuff with crossupj2, s3/s1~sai slide, f2~ballAMP into finisher.

Even if you are really late and he manages to block your crup j2 he will he launched and allow you d2, 34 combo.

Same thing works in the corner.
Crup j2, s3, j3, s34~ballAMP, ji1, f124 377,78
Crup j2, s3, j3 b114 KB 382,73
Crup j2, s3, j1, s3~ballAMP, b114 KB 400,64
Also crup j2, s3~sai slide into combo are possible and as said have a lot of swag. Sai slide mid combo is awesome :)

Would do a vid about it but i am not the vid kind of guy :-/

P.S. obiously after crup j2, s3 there is the claymore launch before the rest of combo
Oh good thinking! Did not think about crossup kick at all, good stuff.

In the corner you can almost hit it, but the 4 misses just barely lol...maybe someone more skilled than me can get it to land :coffee:
I suck, but I’ll try..... I suck so much I didn’t even think of trying it in the corner lol

Edit: didn’t get anywhere near getting the B1 to hit, so you’re better than me. It’s probably not possible

Last edited:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Has anyone encountered the issue will amp ball roll when hitting them and it will not autocorrect, so you'll be facing the other way? It's freaking annoying. Usually happens if I catch them with my roll when they're jumping.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
This is definitely on brand for people who play characters that do everything, they project way too hard for their own good lol.

I definitely think Mileena is super solid, but Kabal ain't got no business crying about this woman. Even with her good dash speeds and etc if he can't beat her in neutral, he is simply the inferior player and should never forget that fact.

Has anyone encountered the issue will amp ball roll when hitting them and it will not autocorrect, so you'll be facing the other way? It's freaking annoying. Usually happens if I catch them with my roll when they're jumping.
Is this for rolling thunder roll or regular roll?