What's new

Mileena General Discussion

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Making the last hit of 2334 launch would be a nice QoL change and allow her punish certain attacks when she doesn’t have meter (as it stands, the +1 on the 4 is damn near useless).

Also, I’d appreciate 112 not being FULL COMBO PUNISHABLE on block. Like, make it -7 so her turn is clearly over, but full combo punishable? For what? Because if she has a certain move equipped she can do a grab.... that’s also punishable if you duck?
I completely agree with this!
I never understood why so many of her moves where so punishable.

F23 is a KB on a high punish but -16 up close is pretty evil. Many other KBs of the same type are safe.

111+3 can be ducked and even D2 KB but making 112 (-10 on block) hugging your opponent seems unnecessary. For me that move doesn't even exist. I end it at 11 which is -2

34 being -8 on block starting with a 12 frame high and ending with a 19f overhead with 27 frames of recovery doesn't seem justified.

F431+3 is -8 and requires a slot and she rolls up to their face. She literally gets up right in front of them to wake to a full combo punish. Thankfully I hit confirm F43 into Base Sai on block.

And B114 being -14 on block is also a bit much. Considering the KB requires a 7 hit combo.

Because a 9f advancing mid won't be 0 on block like F1 is. They nerfed that on Cassie to -3
Tbh, i was joking about turning F1 into a mid. I knew that wouldnt happen, and in that mind-set/joke, I wanted F1 to be exactly the same, just a mid, lol. button would be broken as shit :D

I did just notice her back-dash is like the exact same range as F1 (F1 is actually a bit longer), so I guess that’s her bait and punish button huh? I can’t wait until i’m playing her well, i feel like i’m going to have as miuch fun with her as i do 3S ken

LawAbidingCitizen

Tbh, i was joking about turning F1 into a mid. I knew that wouldnt happen, and in that mind-set/joke, I wanted F1 to be exactly the same, just a mid, lol. button would be broken as shit :D

I did just notice her back-dash is like the exact same range as F1 (F1 is actually a bit longer), so I guess that’s her bait and punish button huh? I can’t wait until i’m playing her well, i feel like i’m going to have as miuch fun with her as i do 3S ken
Honestly I'm glad it was a joke because a 9f advancing mid would be pretty broke bit very similar to Jacqui/pre patch Bruce Lee

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
(as it stands, the +1 on the 4 is damn near useless).
Being +1 is good enough to garantuee her d1 after it so it has it‘s place but for being a duckable high the risk/reward ratio for using it is hardly worth it, liu get‘s the same Mindgame with his f43 string but with a way better reward.

also yes, 112 being punishable on Block is pretty meh.

Temptress

Edenian Empress
So, not only did they recycle Jade’s 3 and F+4, but Mileena’s U+3 is identical to the final hit of her 112. Ugh, laziness.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I don’t see how, unless they breakaway in the corner and you don’t roll a football field away.

#toptierMileena

For me, right now, I'd simply like to see the following changed with Mileena:

• B1,1 hit consistently
  • Forward Throw Krushing Blow work as advertised (counter reset if you jump or get knocked down only), or have the description updated (counter resets if you use a string or special that takes you off the ground, jump, or get knocked down).
  • Ball Roll/Rolling Thunder start up frames reduced.
  • Ability to use Air Sai after a hit or blocked Tele-Kick

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Mileena does jump kick-Tele on loading screen in background when match loading, I thought characters didn't do abilities they didn't have equipped in those little fights?

LawAbidingCitizen

Hrmmm... I have my Mileena AI at 0 on Grappling, yet she keeps trying to grab and whiffs it...
Yeah theAI on Very Hard is fucking stupid, the only thing they do well is flawless block projectiles but they don't do anything high level:
No reads, no footsies, no wavedashing, no styled game plan, it's just the same with the same weaknesses.

Is it possible to get the command grab if they break away after non amp’d roll?
Yes it's possible. If they slightly delay the breakaway which most human players do. In fact most I've played wait till you spend the bar.
Basically you have to bait the breakaway with strings you know have low recovery but can do follow up combos on reaction.

For me, right now, I'd simply like to see the following changed with Mileena:

• B1,1 hit consistently
  • Forward Throw Krushing Blow work as advertised (counter reset if you jump or get knocked down only), or have the description updated (counter resets if you use a string or special that takes you off the ground, jump, or get knocked down).
  • Ball Roll/Rolling Thunder start up frames reduced.
  • Ability to use Air Sai after a hit or blocked Tele-Kick
I think all of what you asked for is more than conservative and reasonable. I'd also make 34 and F43 -7 on block and make B1 equal to D1 range. She is already high risk, she is very YOLO if you are going for oh/low mix-ups since her B2 is vulnerable for 25 frames which is reactable. B3/F2 canceled into ball is a high risk and not hit confirmable. I see no reason why her overheads can't be safe since her lows are punishable on guess.

But I'd like PlayTime strings to be base along with Air Sai and Air Tele-kick being base. They could add a move that uses poison damage from her sai moves that does 5-8% over ten seconds and this could apply to her F231+3, F431+3 and another move which could cost a slot.

The Vanish either needs to be less costly or needs to have a far teleport or something worth it. The 50% damage reduction is beyond unworthy of the slot.

Maybe a slot addon that makes tele-kick allow a follow up sai or ball roll. I mean amped Tele Drop does 12% imo not worth the bar.

I'm not seeing the krazy yolo high risk high reward character that was advertised. All her low/OH mix-ups are reactable. I suppose I can do dumb shit like 1,1 ball roll but I don't think that's gonna get me very far lol.

Temptress

Edenian Empress
ok thanks. Any way to reduce gettin punished after they break on amp ball? I guess it comes down to a read/timing?
If you’re going for her optimal (D2 after amped ball roll) you should be fine regardless, I think, but yeah, all about using your discretion and making the appropriate read.

Yall discussing that useless frame thing that nobody needs, all we need to know is how can we get the Clone Warrior/Doppelganger skin. Anyone know?

Afumba

Noob
Anyone got some tips against Kabal?

I feel like he is just way better in every aspect than her. Even trying to whiff punish gets you cliped by his damn hooks lots of times ;-/

projectzero00

nomnomnom
Mileena does jump kick-Tele on loading screen in background when match loading, I thought characters didn't do abilities they didn't have equipped in those little fights?
Sounds like it was supposed to be base and they rushed her moves because they ran out of time. She also tries to f2 or b1 a lot in these loading screens and whiffs every time. Her AI matches whiff her moves constantly too, which I find hilarious cause if the AI itself whiffs on full combo settings, then clearly there's a lot to be fixed with the character.

Either make it a base move (as it should be)...
The thing here is, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but don't recall an Ability being changed to a base move in this game's history. Ever. I also don't recall Abilities being added to characters over time, simply tweaks and balances to existing base moves and existing abilities.

I'm not asking for Abilities to become base simply because I don't see it ever happening.

No reads,
The Very Hard AI, at least in Fight Local (Single Fight) matches, actually input reads like crazy, just like in Mortal Kombat XL. The Hard AI input reads, but to a much lesser extent. I personally find the Hard AI is the closest to playing an actual human in simulated form; it's input reads can sometimes, though not always, feel like actual reads from a better player.

I say this as someone who primarily plays against said AI.

I think all of what you asked for is more than conservative and reasonable.
Yeah. My thought process here is: This version of the game has been out for less than two weeks now, so I don't want anything crazy. Customs are still new, the previous balance and meta is out the window, and things are still being figured out. I'm looking to change some actual inconsistencies with the character, and then wait to see how things as a whole pan out.

Yall discussing that useless frame thing that nobody needs, all we need to know is how can we get the Clone Warrior/Doppelganger skin. Anyone know?
I'm currently grinding the Towers of Time for her Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 skins, and you can get everything as Random Rewards there, or in her Character Towers.

I've completed 90 Towers (about a third me, about two thirds my Mileena AI), and I have all 44 Skins, 30/31 Masks, Klaws, and Sais, and 24/25 Finishers.

Her AI matches whiff her moves constantly too, which I find hilarious cause if the AI itself whiffs on full combo settings, then clearly there's a lot to be fixed with the character.
I've let my "balanced" Mileena AI grind about 60 Towers now, and I find her whiffing no greater than Kitana's. No Augments or Konsumables, and it handly mops the AI in most towers, save for the "bosses." It need Konsumables there. And like the other AIs, it will rarely use any Life Crystals at the right times :mad:.

Some interesting AI facts re: Mileena:

• It will not use Stabbyscotch. Ever. No sure why.
  • It will use Playtime, especially 1,1, Throw. It loves that one and uses it significantly more than the other two.
  • It will not use the PlayTime strings in Kombos. i.e. it will never start with F4, 3, Ball Roll. Instead, it will always do F4, Ball Roll.
  • It likes F4, F2, B1, 1, and 3 as starters.
  • It will occasionally anti-air with Rolling Thunder!
  • It will never do Throw Brutalities (including 1,1, Throw), but it does like to do Ball Roll and Tele-Kick Brutalities.
  • It will never land the B1,1,4 Krushing Blow, but it will occasionally land the Forward Throw one.
Also of note, if you have maskless equipped, whether player or AI controlled, it will not use the tongue waggling Taunt at all. It seems a mask is required for that one. When you do have a mask on, it does that one significantly.

An interesting AI fact in general: I went to Practice and set the AI dummy to Hard and just played to improve in my VS AI Sets, and I found the practice Hard AI is lesser than the actual Hard AI! In practice, it will never duck your projectiles, while in an actual Match, the Hard AI ducts your projectiles at full screen quite well.

Afumba

Noob
The thing here is, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but don't recall an Ability being changed to a base move in this game's history. Ever. I also don't recall Abilities being added to characters over time, simply tweaks and balances to existing base moves and existing abilities.

I'm not asking for Abilities to become base simply because I don't see it ever happening.

The Very Hard AI, at least in Fight Local (Single Fight) matches, actually input reads like crazy, just like in Mortal Kombat XL. The Hard AI input reads, but to a much lesser extent. I personally find the Hard AI is the closest to playing an actual human in simulated form; it's input reads can sometimes, though not always, feel like actual reads from a better player.

I say this as someone who primarily plays against said AI.

Yeah. My thought process here is: This version of the game has been out for less than two weeks now, so I don't want anything crazy. Customs are still new, the previous balance and meta is out the window, and things are still being figured out. I'm looking to change some actual inconsistencies with the character, and then wait to see how things as a whole pan out.

I'm currently grinding the Towers of Time for her Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 skins, and you can get everything as Random Rewards there, or in her Character Towers.

I've completed 90 Towers (about a third me, about two thirds my Mileena AI), and I have all 44 Skins, 30/31 Masks, Klaws, and Sais, and 24/25 Finishers.

I've let my "balanced" Mileena AI grind about 60 Towers now, and I find her whiffing no greater than Kitana's. No Augments or Konsumables, and it handly mops the AI in most towers, save for the "bosses." It need Konsumables there. And like the other AIs, it will rarely use any Life Crystals at the right times :mad:.

Some interesting AI facts re: Mileena:

• It will not use Stabbyscotch. Ever. No sure why.
  • It will use Playtime, especially 1,1, Throw. It loves that one and uses it significantly more than the other two.
  • It will not use the PlayTime strings in Kombos. i.e. it will never start with F4, 3, Ball Roll. Instead, it will always do F4, Ball Roll.
  • It likes F4, F2, B1, 1, and 3 as starters.
  • It will occasionally anti-air with Rolling Thunder!
  • It will never do Throw Brutalities (including 1,1, Throw), but it does like to do Ball Roll and Tele-Kick Brutalities.
  • It will never land the B1,1,4 Krushing Blow, but it will occasionally land the Forward Throw one.
Also of note, if you have maskless equipped, whether player or AI controlled, it will not use the tongue waggling Taunt at all. It seems a mask is required for that one. When you do have a mask on, it does that one significantly.

An interesting AI fact in general: I went to Practice and set the AI dummy to Hard and just played to improve in my VS AI Sets, and I found the practice Hard AI is lesser than the actual Hard AI! In practice, it will never duck your projectiles, while in an actual Match, the Hard AI ducts your projectiles at full screen quite well.
I think your Mileena is just being a Diva :D
Mine uses staby like nonstop. Probably most used move alongside Kitanas ass move. :)