What's new

Mileena General Discussion

The Slide is actually pretty good. It has a cancel, it makes combos 20% unbreakable and adds so many mixes.
I'm glad someone is having fun with Kahnum Dash, but... you do more unbreakable with an amped sai toss or amped tele instead of amped slide. The cancel is quite slow. It adds 2 mixes (34, f43) that are a really easy to fuzzy...

If the cancel was faster, I could see it being worth giving up your launcher (which loses you 30% of your dmg). But I really want to like it, it has a cool animation!

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Hey guys, i haven’t used a character with a command grab in MK11 yet (and barely ever use them tbh), but i see a lot of you praising hers. I understand its use as an armor break and juggle combo ender, but are you using it in neutral too? I’m having a hard time seeing its use there as it doesnt grab enemies in hit/block-stun or crouch-blockers (which her regular throw do). Her regular throw seems to have like a pixel less range, but also does more damage than the meterless command grab.
If your opponent tries to space, it's great to use as CG's usually travel and suck the other player in. Lab the range on it. It makes them scared to block which means free combos. That's sort of how CG pressure usually works. Plus, she can tick off her pokes so again, they'll be scared to block after you poke so you can go in and use her mid if you're close enough or F1 into a combo.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
So her CMD doesn't get crouch blockers?? Tha fuck??

So far how does Mileena feel as far as archetype? Footsies character? Space control?

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
So her CMD doesn't get crouch blockers?? Tha fuck??

So far how does Mileena feel as far as archetype? Footsies character? Space control?
what? Of course it gets crouched blockers, it doesn't get them if they duck cause it's a high.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Mileena is NOT BAD.

Two of her specials are safe because of the pushback and make all of her strings, no matter how negative, safe on block. That shit is amazing in MK11. (ground sai and straight sai)

She has good damage, a good and easy armor breaker to use, overhead starter that travels slightly, lows you can't hit confirm but you can yolo into full combo above 20%. If you read the breakaway that's a big RIP to them.

D3, F2, jail into straight sai and that's amazing to have in neutral.

She has an advancing string that is 0 on block, another easy hit confirmable one that is +1. Another that is -8 but again with that pushback you ain't getting punished (b112).

An easy to input CG to use in neutral, on rolls, that's also her armor breaker and it's good to end combos with AND it switches sides.

Not to mention she has so many moves that switches side: Ball roll if you don't amp, F231+3, command grab, tele kick if you amp.

She has a teleport as well.

You can literally shimmy and footsie your opponent to death along with crazy good neutral moves and every single utility you could ever want in MK11. She is S tier material. The only thing keeping her from being that good is her shitty ass mid.
Her mid isn‘t even that bad, it‘s 10 frames, hit confirmable and safe and even if it‘s range is kinda ass it works well with How plus she is from her buttons. It‘s way more than some Characters like Dvorah or shao kahn have

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Her mid isn‘t even that bad, it‘s 10 frames, hit confirmable and safe and even if it‘s range is kinda ass it works well with How plus she is from her buttons. It‘s way more than some Characters like Dvorah or shao kahn have
Yep! The range does suck but after her restand I usually dash cancel into it and it works well.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Yes it does apparently... All these will void the KB

F12
F124
F43 (F4 itself doesnt count as airborne)
F43 1+3
B2
S4
Telekick

Pretty ridiculous
This good info, you should make a whole new thread with the information in my opinion so it doesn't get lost in the pages of this because that's some important stuff

Bit weird though.
I'd be near tempted to tag dizzy or 16 bit on twitter to see is this by design or just a oddity because game considers her airborn during those strings

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Yep! The range does suck but after her restand I usually dash cancel into it and it works well.
Gotta say, if her B1 had better range, I think she'd be a good contender for S tier considering everything else she has.

Good zoning, good counter zoning, end block strings with EX Sai to push the opponent back into zoning distance, and up close, it'd be a guess between hit-confirmable B11 or her loopable CG without having to set it up with her plus frames first. I sure as hell wouldn't wanna fight that, and I dropped Johnny down to a secondary for this chick.

The shit range on her B1 is like her goddamn power inhibitor.

FoughtDragon01

Her Ball Roll must scale the living hell out if your damage though, because an entire BnB into Fatal Blow does roughly the same as B11xxFB, and less than just doing 34xxFB. So, if you can combo into FB off of a punish, it really isn't worth spending meter.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
SK has a 10f mid that has massive range and a huge guessing game on its own.

Her mid is ass for MK11 standards. I would only use it in advantage positions and not even to contest after any blocked string or poke. I'd be afraid of getting whiff punished hard for using it.

Having range > anything.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
SK has a 10f mid that has massive range and a huge guessing game on its own.
That mid is punishable on block
its followup is punishable on block
that string is FBable
There's no stagger game in it because his foot never touches the ground again if you do the string so its very easy to see which is which

The only guessing game is how bad you get fucked for using it.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
That mid is punishable on block
its followup is punishable on block
that string is FBable
There's no stagger game in it because his foot never touches the ground again if you do the string so its very easy to see which is which

The only guessing game is how bad you get fucked for using it.
K man. Never said it was a stagger... just said you had to guess.

The guess is if you gonna actually try to FB that massive gap or not
you can't OS pushing a button then blocking.

doesn't matter if his End result is punishable.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
K man. Never said it was a stagger... just said you had to guess.

The guess is if you gonna actually try to FB that massive gap or not
you can't OS pushing a button then blocking.

doesn't matter if his End result is punishable.
fbing it is the easiest thing in the world since the animation is so long, and if you FB it, he can't do the grab followup or special cancel so he's just dead.
Its very easy to visually ascertain if he's gonna do the followup or not. If his foot touches the ground (its visually differnet than if he continues the string) again you hit buttons.

Its god awful in every respect.

it should be a crime to get people to think shao kahn has something good, shits laughably bad.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
What is your guys go to optimals rn??

I'm using b11 MB ballroll to start shit and B114 as an ender a lot mainly because the KB is so free. Thinking about adding all those two player animations though for enders.

FoughtDragon01

What is your guys go to optimals rn??

I'm using b11 MB ballroll to start shit and B114 as an ender a lot mainly because the KB is so free. Thinking about adding all those two player animations though for enders.
Optimal so far is StarterxxMB Roll, DashxxD2, F1, F124.

If you have her command grab, you can end with F1xxFDB2 after the D2. Both net you around 30%.