What's new

Mileena General Discussion

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Ok got a realistic 60% if I read the Breakaway using two Krushing Blows!
Up Sai KB and CMD Grab KB

@Evil Canadian
@Vslayer
@FoughtDragon01

I figured you'd like that

This is my evidence for using Up Sai instead of low sai, then you also get normal sai with pushback and spacing (free neutral)
I use both by I'm running
SaidFly: Up Sai + Strings + CMD Grab
Piercing: Low Sai + Extra Strings + CMD Grab
Ethereal var: Vanish + Strings + CMD Grab
Ravenous: Slide + Strings + CMD Grab

Last edited:

LawAbidingCitizen

SIAP but why doesn't the JIK OS work with her grounded specials?

Ball roll comes out on a blocked JIK

Also what's the point of her b114 KB and F32 KB when it results in hardly any more damage than a normal bnb? Lol
I'm not arguing it's perfect but I am getting a considerable amount of damage off her B114 KB and her F23 KB
The F23 nets 450 if you read a breakaway and use CMD Grab
I'm getting about 370 for the B114 KB instead of 32% from regular conversions

Are you basically saying 5% extra is not worth? I feel like some get 40%+ but idk 32% + us decent

LawAbidingCitizen

How reliable is her up sai kb?
When it comes down it's tracking so it's pretty hard to miss and it works on punish/counter. Pretty reliable. I'd say you can get it at least once per match
If you can use it as a space control move. The upsai you want to be in front of them to keep them at least jump distance or to keep them from backwashing then amp if you think they will go for it.
It can be baited pretty easily

Not very effective vs let's say Scorpion teleport

LeoMK29

Noob
Noob question, but when you guys play do you practice with the tournament variations? Is there any point in practicing with the presets?

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Noob question, but when you guys play do you practice with the tournament variations? Is there any point in practicing with the presets?
Practice with the presets, no, but they're at least a bit useful in serving as a jumping off point for finding strong synergies. For example, the set-up I'm running for Mileena is basically V2, but I use Low Sai instead of Kahnum Dash.

Beyond that, it's almost counter-productive to train with the presets, since there's almost always going to be a better custom variation for the character. My other main, Johnny, for example, is running a build built basically from the ground up, and includes a custom move that was never in any of his three presets before.

Last edited:

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I'm sure most people don't care about augments and stuff, but as someone who plays offline mostly, I was hyped to see what kind of augments she has. She has some really dope ones that I've seen!

She has one that lowers the amplify cost for her command grab and allows you to amplify it more than once. So you grab them and just stab the absolute fckn outta them lmao. She's got another one where she gains health when she bites you, but she literally only uses her teeth in like...2 moves that I can think of. So it's a waste.

But she literally has one that gives her Kitana's Sqaure Wave move as an extra ability. Both the air version and the grounded version. She can amplify it and it's the same animation as Kitana's with different purple effects and it has the armor breaker and the krushing blow. So she basically gets 2 armor breakers lol. It's really tight.

Edit: Holy shit she also gets Kitana's Square Wave brutality with this lmao

Last edited:

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
The way this tech works is based on their breakaway timing. if they breakaway immediately after roll then their breakaway will come out before your amp does so amp roll never comes out and your right next to them for oki. if they breakaway late amp roll can still come out but instead you can command grab them on a read. so basically option a) breakaway early but don't drain any resources from them, option b) breakaway late but risk getting armor broken