What's new

Mileena General Discussion

I really hope her most practical playstyle isn't zoning with her sais, that are admittedly one of the game's best projectiles... would just seem like such a waste, we already have a Kitana for lame stuff like that.

Speaking of, what is the point of Kahnum Dash? Just the ability to do unbreakable damage? Which is a lot lower, because you just gave up your only launcher. You can cancel it, but it's too slow to play mindgames with... I just felt at loss with it.

Dizz_88

Noob
They need to update the forums so Mil has her own section. Any Mileena combo threads?

Also I'm assuming she can't throw a say after tele kick and she can't combo after regular ball roll... is this correct?

Long story short, I won't be able to get the Kombat Pack today; hopefully tomorrow. Sadly, this means I can't buy her bundle with the maskless mask.

Is there another way to get it (a tower or something), or am I sweet out of luck for now?

It's in her character towers
Woot, I'll get it then. Really hoping I get to play tomorrow.

The retailer I pre-purchased from, WBIE has not sent them the product key yet; only the base, non-pre-order skin version. I either have to downgrade or wait, so I've chosen to wait since I'd like the pre-order only skin pack.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Meterless command grab leaves you close enough at +15 to microdash into jailing B11, so the only option outside of blocking is Wake-Up roll (which can lead to KB) or U+3. I've never been into grapplers before, so I'm curious how powerful this is in the context of the rest of Mileena's kit.

Bro who the fuck designed this character?
Invisibility costs meter to use, still shows your silhouette and gives you a damage debuff
This.

And I don't know how major this is but I'm literally whiffing her B1... in the corner, near opponents who are blocking and I'm near as day. The hit doesn't even register whatsoever. I'm so confused.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Has anyone figured out .... what her bnb was supposed to be without d2?

I'm struggling to even figure out how to use her 7 hit combo KB to get much more damage.

Also.... what is the point of rolling thunder?
if you don't wanna D2 then any starter into amp ball into j1, f1 f1 CG or b114 for the KB

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Meterless command grab leaves you close enough at +15 to microdash into jailing B11, so the only option outside of blocking is Wake-Up roll (which can lead to KB) or U+3. I've never been into grapplers before, so I'm curious how powerful this is in the context of the rest of Mileena's kit.
If it nails into B11 then that means it will jail into D1 tick throw and you could delay grab and possibly get them conditioned with it to eat mix-ups
Probably not very powerful but as good as Terminators restand which was strong.

LawAbidingCitizen

I'm in love with this character's aesthetics so much that I'm pretty much forcing myself to main her. I'm hoping some new combo paths are discovered with her because I'm tapped
That's the thing about this game, most characters have very limited combo starters, most don't have launcher strings and almost no one has meterless juggle so yeah limited.
But Mileena looks fucking amazing! I'd honestly like Rain's dirty tools more but I love Mileena so much I'm gonna make shit work.

She does have a (+20 restand for a bar) and her meter regents pretty fast off a two bar restand combo like: F43xxBallRollxxAmp, F43-1+3xxAmp for 27% easy.

Her added strings 11-1+3(throw) is amazing to have.

Her F1 (9f high) being zero is so fucking strong And it puts her in the B1 range

Good ranged mix, Good projectiles, great counter zoning and overall good pokes and buttons. Decent damage, good number of KB's

Can't be mad

LawAbidingCitizen

Her mids are really wack in my honest opinion. She's kitana 2.0 with how slow her mids are. At least kitanas mids have more range and are faster. I don't think she'll be more than pew pew and F1's.
I think she is at least A+ tier, quite possibly S tier
Her F1 is a 9 frame advancing high that's zero on block. Her B1 reaches right after she resets neutral with F1 and it's a 10f mid
A 15f advancing mid that goes into an overhead
Tick throws in her strings and a CMD Grab and strings to condition it. A safe OH that is borderline Kabal range
I don't see how she could be a bad character. I predict she will be in S tier on pros lists soon and I'm willing to bet she will place in the top 16

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I think she is at least A+ tier, quite possibly S tier
Her F1 is a 9 frame advancing high that's zero on block. Her B1 reaches right after she resets neutral with F1 and it's a 10f mid
A 15f advancing mid that goes into an overhead
Tick throws in her strings and a CMD Grab and strings to condition it. A safe OH that is borderline Kabal range
I don't see how she could be a bad character. I predict she will be in S tier on pros lists soon and I'm willing to bet she will place in the top 16
yep, and besides that , she has a bit little potential with some 50\50 kit, if she use either her 3,4 string that is a good overhead , or both her back + 3 or forward + 2 (both are lows), all of these can link with ball roll amplified and cause a mind games \ mix up games hard to guess , hehe :p :rolleyes:

if she use either her 3,4 string that is a good overhead , or both her back + 3 or forward + 2 (both are lows), all of these can link with ball roll amplified and cause a mind games \ mix up games hard to guess
There is nothing mindgame about those... Her ball roll is a mid. She can replace it with a slide that is a low, but that only mixes with 34 and is death on block, and you give up your launcher for it.

LawAbidingCitizen

There is nothing mindgame about those... Her ball roll is a mid. She can replace it with a slide that is a low, but that only mixes with 34 and is death on block, and you give up your launcher for it.
How is 34 death on block it's -8 with pushback, it's a just frame punish for those with 7f starters

She has B34 a low low that's -6
B2 an overhead that's -6
F2 a low that's -7
34 a high overhead that's -8
F43-1+3 a mid OH that's -8

If you delay any other one of them fuzzy block doesn't work

Then she has tick throws from a CMD grab, a string with a mid/throw and the KB on her FThrow and her looping throw with hella + frames

I think she has better mix than Terminator