What's new

Mileena General Discussion

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
SK has a 10f mid that has massive range and a huge guessing game on its own.

Her mid is ass for MK11 standards. I would only use it in advantage positions and not even to contest after any blocked string or poke. I'd be afraid of getting whiff punished hard for using it.

Having range > anything.
What? His 10f mid is stubby as hell and is completely ass when you can flawless Block it It‘s a punish 100% of the time

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Optimal so far is StarterxxMB Roll, DashxxD2, F1, F124.

If you have her command grab, you can end with F1xxFDB2 after the D2. Both net you around 30%.
If my command grab misses, is that because my timing is off, or because I cancelled the dash too quickly? Or something else?

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
If my command grab misses, is that because my timing is off, or because I cancelled the dash too quickly? Or something else?
You might be canceling the dash into D2 a touch too quickly if the F1 is knocking them out of range of the command grab. I had the same issue before I adjusted the timing, though I don't know if it varies much depending on the character's hurtbox.

As a general rule, I've found the most consistency by catching the opponent as high in the air as possible with the D2.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Please read what you're responding to. Kahnum Dash is -11 on block.

And defensive input buffer is 5f, they have a 6f window to punish.

You cannot delay the strings... Are you seriously suggesting your mix is 34 but you sometimes stop at 3 and go into b3? There is an enormous pause there.

Terminator's/Sub's whole point is that they have overhead/low starters to their strings. Mileena does not, her overheads come later.

Guessing between extended 111+3 grab and 11 xx roll is a more valid mix, being a 3f fuzzy, but both of those are really unsafe, so if the opponent does it right even 1/3 of time, you're just breaking even.
I'm just gonna respond to the last part. Sub doesn't have true 50/50's off his F2/B3 according to sonic it's tractable and fuzzy block able but he does have true 50/50's in the neutral not from his overhead low but his Throw/F2(overhead)

Same applies to Mileena she has 3rd hit Ticks and 3rd hit OH
Second hit options, tick grabs, cmd grabs, multiple mix-ups and looping throws and a restand option that's +20
I say she is a 50/50 monster

But that's fine if you want to disagree.

If you want to watch what I'm talking about with delaying the mix SonicFox explains it well when he is on Sub Zero on his tier list video
Maybe I'm not explaining it well or we are misunderstood.
I know you are saying fuzzy guard can be used it I'm saying a 2-5f delay completely ruined any 50/50 setup. But 50/50's will always work I'm the neutral when you account for 4+ options. It's much harder to react to CMD Grab/Overhead/Low/Auto Shimmy/Delay mix because it requires a different option for all 5 options and the reaction isn't holding down and letting off down in a just frame fuzzy block.

LawAbidingCitizen

Hey guys, i haven’t used a character with a command grab in MK11 yet (and barely ever use them tbh), but i see a lot of you praising hers. I understand its use as an armor break and juggle combo ender, but are you using it in neutral too? I’m having a hard time seeing its use there as it doesnt grab enemies in hit/block-stun or crouch-blockers (which her regular throw do). Her regular throw seems to have like a pixel less range, but also does more damage than the meterless command grab.
I think it's a good CMD Grab and I retested it on crouch block and it doesn't wiff. I made a mistake last night. I had it set to Block All which only blocks when an attack comes so it's not holding block. But if your opponent is holding block while crouching it connects.

You can confirm this by recording the opponent to hold D+BLK for 5-10 seconds then use Mileena to use all pokes into ticks and raw CMD Grab.

@Vslayer edit
I made a mistake earlier, last night I didn't properly lab the CMD Grab explained above
But if we find any malfunctions I still think we should report it. They where talking about hotfixing unintended issues

What is your guys go to optimals rn??

I'm using b11 MB ballroll to start shit and B114 as an ender a lot mainly because the KB is so free. Thinking about adding all those two player animations though for enders.
Not including KB's I'm using:

F43xxBallRollAmpxxDashxxD2-F1,F1xxCMDGrab(→↓←2)
It's a bit harder to get both F1's but you can shorten it with one F1xxCMDGrab and it will net you almost 32%

Last edited:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I think it's a good CMD Grab but it does wiff on crouch block females and makes even when ticked off pokes.

@Vslayer do you think we should add all of the misfunctioning moves Mileena has and tag Stephanie?
The CMD Grab is shown as a "High Throw" but doesn't connect with crouch blocking opponents when it should. I mean it has to be a mistake.
Stephanie already said on twitter that she is aware that Mileena can cancel off tele-kick after a jik and she said it's a malfunction so I think they intent on releasing a patch in the near future after collecting all the data and reports

Not including KB's I'm using:

F43xxBallRollAmpxxDashxxD2-F1,F1xxCMDGrab(→↓←2)
It's a bit harder to get both F1's but you can shorten it with one F1xxCMDGrab and it will net you almost 32%
We could make a list, though I think we have to tag Tyler but we can tag both to be safe ahah.

FoughtDragon01

I think it's a good CMD Grab but it does wiff on crouch block females and makes even when ticked off pokes.

@Vslayer do you think we should add all of the misfunctioning moves Mileena has and tag Stephanie?
The CMD Grab is shown as a "High Throw" but doesn't connect with crouch blocking opponents when it should. I mean it has to be a mistake.
Stephanie already said on twitter that she is aware that Mileena can cancel off tele-kick after a jik and she said it's a malfunction so I think they intent on releasing a patch in the near future after collecting all the data and reports
Do you have Sub on Stance Hold? It looks like he's just neutral ducking there. If he's actually crouch blocking, it absolutely should grab him. I was watching Foxy Grampa's stream last night and he caught crouch blockers with the grab all the time.

LawAbidingCitizen

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I know she has a 50% with CMD Grab ( armor break KB) if you read the breakaway. I seen foxy or someone do it on Twitter
Yeah you just do the bnb, then if they break on the part where you would grab at the end thats it.
Except you can break ball before it even launches so kinda pointless

My combo vids(for whatever game it is) are more about whats real match practical versus just showcasing highest damage, got enough other people who do that.

FoughtDragon01

I have him on Duck stance block all
With those settings, that means that when he isn't actively blocking your attacks, he's just neutral ducking, so highs, throws, and command grabs will all whiff.

Keep him ducking, but change Block All to Stance Hold and see if her grab connects then. I'd verify this myself, but I'm not off work for another few hours.

LawAbidingCitizen

Yeah you just do the bnb, then if they break on the part where you would grab at the end thats it.
Except you can break ball before it even launches so kinda pointless

My combo vids(for whatever game it is) are more about whats real match practical versus just showcasing highest damage, got enough other people who do that.
Here is the simple version, use the clip if you want IDK

I know it's situational but I can see myself doing it in matches offline.
Ps it looks a little janky cuz I controlled player two and had to record her doing the CMD grab late and timing the amp and KB hold at a weird timing.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
With those settings, that means that when he isn't actively blocking your attacks, he's just neutral ducking, so highs, throws, and command grabs will all whiff.

Keep him ducking, but change Block All to Stance Hold and see if her grab connects then. I'd verify this myself, but I'm not off work for another few hours.
Yeh you can actually tell by sub's animation he's not blocking, compared to the first actual normal that lands when he does do a blocking animation.

I know this bc I practice tic throws all the time. They need block all stance hold to work.

Raider

Noob
My first impressions are not the best sadly. I finished stage 3 of her towers and have to say that i am not having fun playing her as much as i thought i will. She feels bare-bones, like something is lacking that i can't even explain. I am definitely not a fan of her low damage and her combo potential.
Will play her and experiment more but i am not impressed.

LawAbidingCitizen

Last edited: