What's new

Mileena General Discussion

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Does she have a lot of strings with gaps? I can't stand characters with lots of gaps. It's why I play Kabal like a scumbag instead of Skarlet.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Has anyone figured out .... what her bnb was supposed to be without d2?

I'm struggling to even figure out how to use her 7 hit combo KB to get much more damage.

Also.... what is the point of rolling thunder?

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Jesus just playing through her towers and they had the TIME to record quotes for Mileena lmao. I feel like after every round I've heard a different quote. Most characters only really have the same few.

Rolling Thunder adds 20 dmg to your roll if you hit them with the hop, but also adds extra gravity, so you lose dmg by not being able to d2 into follow-ups...

So right now it's just a full-screen anti-zoning option (regular ball only goes half the screen, and tele does tiny dmg) where the hop can go over people's amped mid shots. Though some frames of Mileena ball roll animation can low-profile under mid shots anyway.

You don't have to use the hop, in which case it acts like the regular ball for combo purposes. And I'm sure there are instances where people bounce weird from the regular ball, but the hop can correct for it. So right now it's niche, but maybe there's something there.

Last edited:

armani

Noob
if you want to get MKX like combos (at the expense of meter) here's some combos for ya!

jik MB air sai f231+3
jik MB air sai f2 MB roll f1 command grab
jik MB air sai f2 MB roll f431+3

also guys, for her f23 KB, is this optimal?

f23 KB d2 f1 MB roll f431+3

Blewdew

Has anyone figured out .... what her bnb was supposed to be without d2?

I'm struggling to even figure out how to use her 7 hit combo KB to get much more damage.

Assuming you have the command grab you can do: starter~roll,j1,f1,f1 command grab or f124
With extended strings: starter~roll,j1,f431+3/f43 command grab

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Rolling Thunder adds 20 dmg to your roll if you hit them with the hop, but also adds extra gravity, so you lose dmg by not being able to d2 into follow-ups...

So right now it's just a full-screen anti-zoning option (regular ball only goes half the screen, and tele does tiny dmg) where the hop can go over people's amped mid shots. Though some frames of Mileena ball roll animation can low-profile under mid shots anyway.

You don't have to use the hop, in which case it acts like the regular ball for combo purposes. And I'm sure there are instances where people bounce weird from the regular ball, but the hop can correct for it. So right now it's niche, but maybe there's something there.
Rolling thunder is a much better AA than normal roll, like by a fair amount

On another note found it odd u can duck the last hit of b112 :/

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Does she have a lot of strings with gaps? I can't stand characters with lots of gaps. It's why I play Kabal like a scumbag instead of Skarlet.
No flawless block gaps in any of her strings.

Rolling thunder is a much better AA than normal roll, like by a fair amount

On another note found it odd u can duck the last hit of b112 :/
Can do the same with 2334

Espio

Kokomo
I really like her straight sai much more than her low one in this game. You can get 20% unbreakable off of most options and it's plus enough to jail and the amp gives you so much space that you can avoid being caught in pressure. The chip is great.

I also like that air sai on block is plus and in the corner on amplify you get pressure on your opponent as well. Combine that with staggers and zoning, her kit is nice mostly. I'm not sure where she'll fall tier wise, but she's fun and has some spacing tools and safe chip.

I also like combining that with her air teleport and the additional strings since she gets mind games off of those two as well and the additional strings give her grabs and an ender to her cartwheel overhead string that is safeish (-8).

Current strategy for her is to play a zoning and baiting game and punish accordingly. When you have meter amp the sai toss and get chip and spacing then zone till you regain your meter. I like my conservative/lame Mileena play.

She's also visually stunning. I'm pretty keen on this character, I haven't liked a character this much since Jade and Baraka, but I need to see what else I can do with her.

projectzero00

nomnomnom
also guys, for her f23 KB, is this optimal?

f23 KB d2 f1 MB roll f431+3
I can't for the life of me get the f1 after d2. For me what has worked best and most consistently after f23 KB is:
f23KB 34 MBroll b114KB. You will always get the 2nd KB since the combo is above 7 hits. Plus looks snazzy.

Blewdew

I really like her straight sai much more than her low one in this game. You can get 20% unbreakable off of most options and it's plus enough to jail and the amp gives you so much space that you can avoid being caught in pressure. The chip is great.

I also like that air sai on block is plus and in the corner on amplify you get pressure on your opponent as well. Combine that with staggers and zoning, her kit is nice mostly. I'm not sure where she'll fall tier wise, but she's fun and has some spacing tools and safe chip.

I also like combining that with her air teleport and the additional strings since she gets mind games off of those two as well and the additional strings give her grabs and an ender to her cartwheel overhead string that is safeish (-8).

Current strategy for her is to play a zoning and baiting game and punish accordingly. When you have meter amp the sai toss and get chip and spacing then zone till you regain your meter. I like my conservative/lame Mileena play.

She's also visually stunning. I'm pretty keen on this character, I haven't liked a character this much since Jade and Baraka, but I need to see what else I can do with her.
View attachment 17797
Air sai is super underrated, if you‘re fast enough you can make them +8 on block and still be in range for f1 and they‘re pretty good on hit also.

projectzero00

nomnomnom
I don't see how people like her air-sai or air-telekick. They really suck in this game IMO. Feels weird not being able to air-sai right after telekick, or having so much recovery after air-sai to hit confirm into a ball roll. Or in general having to waste different slots for her air-borne staple moves that she always had. I do get that this is MK11 but it did hurt a little bit ngl. I'm definitely ditching air moves unfortunately and going for command grab + combo extenders this time. 3rd slot maybe low sai to mix it up with her overhead...for now

DarkSado

Noob
I don't see how people like her air-sai or air-telekick. They really suck in this game IMO. Feels weird not being able to air-sai right after telekick, or having so much recovery after air-sai to hit confirm into a ball roll. Or in general having to waste different slots for her air-borne staple moves that she always had. I do get that this is MK11 but it did hurt a little bit ngl. I'm definitely ditching air moves unfortunately and going for command grab + combo extenders this time. 3rd slot maybe low sai to mix it up with her overhead...for now
Wrong Game LMAO!

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I'm not sure which has more utility, the sai slide or the command grab.
She's very interesting as she plays "the same" but with different moves.

I'm quite befuddles currently on how to use her KBs to their fullest (other than d2). I also cannot justify ever amplifying her f4,3 string ever into that restand. I thought maybe that would be a combo route but it clearly isn't which kinda sucks but whatever.