What's new

Mileena General Discussion

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I downloaded the update and only got rain and Rambo. Melina is still grayed out and I don’t have the option to download her. Is anyone else having this problem?

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I know Derek was all about Mileena's crazy rushdown or whatever but between the backdash, throws sending people away, a teleport attack, and low sai, Mileena is reading like a counterzoner to me. I'm experimenting with the sliding Sai today to add another bit of space control and slow down the match accordingly. Anyone have a similar thought? I'm running the extended strings as a third trait but not married to it.
I agree.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Really odd thing.
She can't os her jk into special on block like other character can, jk-grounded special comes out on block.

Super strange

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
her comand grab is insane good ..... if you connect any of her basic string with 2 hits, or any of her simple hit normal stand or crouch moves, any of them, you can just forward dash and do the command grab freely ..... almost all the same with the telekick, if you hit stun with any of her basic combos, the telekick is guaranteed to link to it .....

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
her comand grab is insane good ..... if you connect any of her basic string with 2 hits, or any of her simple hit normal stand or crouch moves, any of them, you can just forward dash and do the command grab freely ..... almost all the same with the telekick, if you hit stun with any of her basic combos, the telekick is guaranteed to link to it .....
So it looks like Mileena is actually the better grappler over Rambo??

Gaxkang

Banned
So Race Against Time this week is not Mileena....but Kitana costumes which ya can't see very well but look like variations of MK2 costume colors?

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I gotta be honest I haven't been this disappointed in a character in a minute.

Ball costs meter to launch, air sai isn't a base special move, can't cancel telekick with sai. Its like they looked at all the things that made this character fun and decided to toss it out. This has got to be the most MK11's character yet. Almost every special she had has been gimped like crazy.

idc about how good her zoning is now. I don't want to zone with Mileena, I want to do insane combos.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
In Honeybee’s video he does 233, MB roll, ji1, f431+3 MB.

I, for the life of me, can’t get the f4 to connect. Can anyone else get this? Or did they alter the gravity on the day one patch?

Edit: Nevermind. Got it. Have to delay the fuck out of the ji1.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Doing her towers right now. Absolutely loving her slide. I went with the more MKX Ravenous style Mileena with her kombo extenders and her slide. I have the command grab as well but tbh I'm not really into using it so I might switch it out for something else. Maybe with her sai slide if anyone knows if that's any good?

But overall I'm really loving how she feels. She does everything I really want her to do. Flipping all around the place, up high, down low with the slide, it's really satisfying to play her. Yeah she's not combo heavy like in MKX, but honestly I don't mind. I'm not good at combo so I personally prefer how she is now.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Doing her towers right now. Absolutely loving her slide. I went with the more MKX Ravenous style Mileena with her kombo extenders and her slide. I have the command grab as well but tbh I'm not really into using it so I might switch it out for something else. Maybe with her sai slide if anyone knows if that's any good?

But overall I'm really loving how she feels. She does everything I really want her to do. Flipping all around the place, up high, down low with the slide, it's really satisfying to play her. Yeah she's not combo heavy like in MKX, but honestly I don't mind. I'm not good at combo so I personally prefer how she is now.
Does her cmd grab tic off anything? Any strings?