What's new

Mileena General Discussion

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
honestly I think Mileena is strong with any of her abilities and the only required one is the cmd grab. I am gonna spend some time today messing around with the enhanced ball and see if it's worth using.
The downfall of variations. I feel like any mileena without the cmd grab is short changing itself. Seems such a no brainer to use.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I'm sure most people don't care about augments and stuff, but as someone who plays offline mostly, I was hyped to see what kind of augments she has. She has some really dope ones that I've seen!

She has one that lowers the amplify cost for her command grab and allows you to amplify it more than once. So you grab them and just stab the absolute fckn outta them lmao. She's got another one where she gains health when she bites you, but she literally only uses her teeth in like...2 moves that I can think of. So it's a waste.

But she literally has one that gives her Kitana's Sqaure Wave move as an extra ability. Both the air version and the grounded version. She can amplify it and it's the same animation as Kitana's with different purple effects and it has the armor breaker and the krushing blow. So she basically gets 2 armor breakers lol. It's really tight.

Edit: Holy shit she also gets Kitana's Square Wave brutality with this lmao
Where did you get these augments?

I had previously been on the straight sa train because of the safety but TBH people are having a tough time punishing the low said amp after strings so maybe it's worth it for the neutral control.
tbh, I love low sai mostly for the low cancels. When you have a few strings that go into overheads or can chance into throws, dropping that low sai is a nice surprise to keep people guessing

Zer0_h0ur

Also, I’m 99% sure F1 can cancel into roll, so if you use F1 as a whiff punish or something, then you know you can commit to the roll.
I meant the string not the button. F12 or whatever the string is, you can only cancel into that unsafe finisher....like....why? The cancel window on a single button confirm is never a sure thing in a match unless you know it's a straight up punish on an unsafe move right?

I meant the string not the button. F12 or whatever the string is, you can only cancel into that unsafe finisher....like....why? The cancel window on a single button confirm is never a sure thing in a match unless you know it's a straight up punish on an unsafe move right?
For sure, but that’s why I mentioned using it as a whiff punish.

And yeah, not being able to special cancel F12 is dumb

Also, by the way, I did her stage 6 towers and didn’t get that pink mask as a random reward... guess I should have figured with it being a random reward lol. Did get some nice other pieces I was looking for though

edit: got that pink mask in the next random tower I finished

tbh, I love low sai mostly for the low cancels. When you have a few strings that go into overheads or can chance into throws, dropping that low sai is a nice surprise to keep people guessing
This is pretty big, great point. it also completely removes any justification for the dash IMO.

btw I am not advocating for this or admitting at all that I am a scrub :/, but if you are having any trouble with the d2 connections in Mileena's optimal and are a straight sai person, you should consider the enhanced ball. starter - ball amp - f43cmdgrab is braindead ez 300. too bad it needs the extended strings but you get the fullscreen ball at least. I am pretty sure you can't continua after d2 off it.

edit: obviously I'm still labbing this, but forget the extended strings -- ending in 34ball again puts you in dash up cmd grab range for around 285

Last edited:

Zer0_h0ur

Also, by the way, I did her stage 6 towers and didn’t get that pink mask as a random reward... guess I should have figured with it being a random reward lol. Did get some nice other pieces I was looking for though

edit: got that pink mask in the next random tower I finished
I haven't been able to complete stage 6 on anyone, that shit gets soo difficult...what's tha tech? lol

I haven't been able to complete stage 6 on anyone, that shit gets soo difficult...what's tha tech? lol
I was able to beat the first three stages with my bot (full combo and reversal points, and low sai, cmd grab, and play time, no augments) with using the 50% and 25% health boosts.

I had to jump in for the Cassie & Johnny tag match to make best use of the health boosts.

Honestly, I didn’t have many retries until the last endurance match (the final Sonya is ridiculous)... I just mashed the health boosts and jump kicks. Still took about 8 retries though.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Sindel has a fat ass. Mileena undoubtedly has a fatter one than Kitana. Kitana barely has a cup while Mileena's is on full display. They waited for all the Polygon articles to be finished before they started adding female costumes with buns. I respect it

I mean. Uh. How bout those b1 frames?
“Hell naw, look at that face. How could you be the least bit aroused by such a horrific visage?!”

checks out buns

“Damn,maybe.”

I'm getting pretty sold on rolling thunder, it's more or comparable damage and ensures all your combos end with cmd grab and not d2>flailing into space. don't forget to let go of 4 before amping because the bounce adds damage, holding 4 will literally give you regular ball.

it's not super fast but it does help with her range/punishing options too I guess.

also ya that ass fat

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
I'm getting pretty sold on rolling thunder, it's more or comparable damage and ensures all your combos end with cmd grab and not d2>flailing into space. don't forget to let go of 4 before amping because the bounce adds damage, holding 4 will literally give you regular ball.

it's not super fast but it does help with her range/punishing options too I guess.

also ya that ass fat
I wanna give Rolling Thunder a shot, but my first two slots will always be dedicated to her command grab and string extensions (if only so that F3,4 is hit-confirmable), and I'm having a hard time budging from Low Sai/Ground Sai.

Seriously, why in the name of Mileena's sweet buns aren't her string extensions base kit?