What's new

Meterless Midscreen Buzzsaw Reset =/

NariTuba

disMember
They dont find new tech, they find new combos.
Foxy u hater!

As a matter of fact, the first thread I posted on this site was about finishing a corner combo with a second net that granted advantage. After that came all the second net "tech" we know now.

You know what prompted me to investigate second net finishers in the first place? YOU posting something along the lines of "I dont know why Cyrax players complain about the second net being removed to fix the resets... it always leaves you neutral anyway"

;)

lol, ur post makes no sense at all.
U say cyrax is broke, bla bla bla, u have no respect for cyrax players because of the oh so easy resets, but then u say maxter is an exception. Atleast say Mustard is an exception cause hes the one not using resets in tournaments and Maxter does use resets.

Ur post is ignorant and shows lack of respect.Try and play good cyrax players instead of saying are cyrax players are easy and lazy.Seems like u get stuck in this green net alot they way u hate cyrax players.
i find it funny how you come into the cyrax forums to insult not the character itself but the people who contribute to this forum. Just because we play as Cyrax you already claim that we lack skill and are lazy? Shame on you sir because if you had ANY skill then you would be able to find a way to beat Cyrax. It's not the Cyrax players fault that you lack the skill to NOT get caught in a net. Go practice the match up first before opening your mouth and insulting a community of players.
WOA WOA WOA WOA WOA ... HOLD ON HOLD ON !!!

u got me 100% wrong !

I don't disrespect ppl ... i was talking to those who play cyrax + complain ... and me saying maxter , was an example of someone who play a low tier char at high level(STRYKER)... I love Mustard man !!! COME OON !!! but I don't watch europe players as much as I watch american mk players ( maxter plays at the gamer's edge so ... ) thats why I forgot about him :).BUT AGAIN DON"T GET ME WRONG !!! I MEAN CYRAX PLAYERS WHO COMPLAIN ! mustard and maxter r more than complaining from jax and kabal ! they DEAL with it , cuz they at least have the perfect pro's mind set ... I m meaning ppl who r not that good , but still complain !

for me ??? I don't have problem with cyrax loool when did I say that I got bodied by a cyrax player ?! :)
I beated a very good cyrax with my SUBZERO before the patch buddy !!!

and when I say "names" like when I say " Mustard sucks" then u can come and talk like that with me ok ? when I don't mention names, learn respect before u come and say " shame on u " ...

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
man we all know cyrax is broken man .. no one disagree with that except cyrax players ( they r just masking the fact that they can't win with all these cheap resets, which means that they suck badly ).Don't tell me cyrax kabal is 3/7.even if its 0/10 ! can't u get 2 or 3 nets connected ? btw : it would be so damn stupid if u say "kabal has breaker" !
Did someone in a robot custome touched you inappropriately during your childhood?

Did someone in a robot custome touched you inappropriately during your childhood?
look guys, if u don't understand what I've said, don't reply like that please ...
make 10000 jokes if that makes u happy, but I still don't care unless u have what really makes me feel u have a valid point ..

all I can say ... me + those players ( who complain and say cyrax is not op and he needs more ) knows exactly what I meant by my last post ... THEY KNOW IT !

Mr Bonana

Ua Ola I Ke Aloha
WOA WOA WOA WOA WOA ... HOLD ON HOLD ON !!!

u got me 100% wrong !

I don't disrespect ppl ... i was talking to those who play cyrax + complain ... and me saying maxter , was an example of someone who play a low tier char at high level(STRYKER)... I love Mustard man !!! COME OON !!! but I don't watch europe players as much as I watch american mk players ( maxter plays at the gamer's edge so ... ) thats why I forgot about him :).BUT AGAIN DON"T GET ME WRONG !!! I MEAN CYRAX PLAYERS WHO COMPLAIN ! mustard and maxter r more than complaining from jax and kabal ! they DEAL with it , cuz they at least have the perfect pro's mind set ... I m meaning ppl who r not that good , but still complain !

for me ??? I don't have problem with cyrax loool when did I say that I got bodied by a cyrax player ?! :)
I beated a very good cyrax with my SUBZERO before the patch buddy !!!

and when I say "names" like when I say " Mustard sucks" then u can come and talk like that with me ok ? when I don't mention names, learn respect before u come and say " shame on u " ...
Not once in any of your posts did you mention which Cyrax players you were refering to. By saying "cyrax players" you put all people who play Cyrax in the same list. You should go re-word your posts or something because even if you didn't mention any names you still managed to insult a few people. And why are you even here? This was a thread for Cyrax players to learn things. You obviously don't like cyrax...so go troll somewhere else.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
i find it funny how you come into the cyrax forums to insult not the character itself but the people who contribute to this forum. Just because we play as Cyrax you already claim that we lack skill and are lazy? Shame on you sir because if you had ANY skill then you would be able to find a way to beat Cyrax. It's not the Cyrax players fault that you lack the skill to NOT get caught in a net. Go practice the match up first before opening your mouth and insulting a community of players.
See I don't understand the whole 'don't get caught in a net' argument. One jump in punch connecting or a 12 or 21 etc. and that's it, you're eating 70%+ for one mistake. Sub zero players don't say, 'well don't get caught by an ice ball'.

I think 16bit had it spot on when he said the removal of resets would actually help Cyrax players level up. Half of his tools go unused.

Don't mean to derail the thread sorry, just venting.. ;)

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
See I don't understand the whole 'don't get caught in a net' argument. One jump in punch connecting or a 12 or 21 etc. and that's it, you're eating 70%+ for one mistake. Sub zero players don't say, 'well don't get caught by an ice ball'.

I think 16bit had it spot on when he said the removal of resets would actually help Cyrax players level up. Half of his tools go unused.

This^

So the 3 of us are on the same page. There is so many things I dont see other Cyraxs do, even things like proper use of all of his normals.

KRYS9984

Noob

This^

So the 3 of us are on the same page. There is so many things I dont see other Cyraxs do, even things like proper use of all of his normals.
I am a Cyrax player and on the same page as well.

I honestly think Cyrax can do just fine with standard 30% - 35% combos. He has fantastic normals / specials, most of his moves / strings end neutral or positive and my favorite move (the command grab) opens up his options quite a bit of not countered.

As I mentioned in a previous thread, Cyrax players (and other characters with resets) should put them away for a while and really explore the game without it. You will be surprised how much the damage adds up when you play proper footsies and capitalize on your opponents mistakes.

IMHO, Mustard-LK4D4 is the prefect example of Cyrax being played properly.

Sub zero players don't say, 'well don't get caught by an ice ball'.
Sub-Zero is one of my favorite characters in the game and I really think he got a raw deal through patches.
Any little advantage he had / has either got taken away or is escapable. Having said that.....

Props to Phase 3 for the image, hope you don't mind the slight mod.

He needs it guys.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
dear god this thread is hellstorm of flaming nothingness.

J360 isn't allowed to post anymore.

STORMS Tim Static Dark_Rob Can we make a Cyrax Crybaby thread please? Take us back in time to the old forum but with a different character.

Mr Bonana

Ua Ola I Ke Aloha

Any good player will blow Cyrax up if the Cyrax player tries to jump in punch. And if anyone thinks landing a net off a string is easy then you are very mistaken. When I play with my friends, they make good reads and I almost never get a chance to just walk in, start a string, and do any of the resets.

Mr Bonana

Ua Ola I Ke Aloha
You just shown that you lack the fundamental skill to hit confirm strings. 21 is ridiculously easy to hit confirm into net.
I never said I had a problem hit confirming into net...but show me a video of you waltzing in on any top player to do your "so easy" 2,1 into net...not gonna happen because they know how to block and counter strings.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
And you sir must be playing with people who are not very good at MK. Show me a video of you waltzing in on any top player to do your "so easy" 2,1 into net...not gonna happen.
You've moved the goalposts now and for that reason, 'I'm out'. I'd be happy to continue over PM but this isn't the place.

KRYS9984

Noob
I never said I had a problem hit confirming into net...but show me a video of you waltzing in on any top player to do your "so easy" 2,1 into net...not gonna happen because they know how to block and counter strings.
Players might sometimes over block against Cyrax (within jump distance) with fear that a net might come out and cost them over half their life. If an opponent respects his specials and is overly passive, Cyrax has the tools to get it and get his 2 - 1 string or any other string going without even jumping in.

F2 covers a lot of distance and offers Cyrax advantage on block which opens up many options. Cyrax can immediately go into another blocks string (preferably 3, 3, 4 which also grants advantage and a net can easily be linked on hit confirm)

Once again, if the opponent respects the special too much and over blocking, with proper footsies he can d4 into command grab or simply dash in and command grab for free pressure. Afterwards Cyrax can just jump in and start his mindgames which can include 2,1 pressure, another command grab, etc.....

Nothing is impossible; you just have to read your opponent, download their habits and exploit your strengths / their weaknesses.

Mr Bonana

Ua Ola I Ke Aloha
Players might sometimes over block against Cyrax (within jump distance) with fear that a net might come out and cost them over half their life. If an opponent respects his specials and is overly passive, Cyrax has the tools to get it and get his 2 - 1 string or any other string going without even jumping in.

F2 covers a lot of distance and offers Cyrax advantage on block which opens up many options. Cyrax can immediately go into another blocks string (preferably 3, 3, 4 which also grants advantage and a net can easily be linked on hit confirm)

Once again, if the opponent respects the special too much and over blocking, with proper footsies he can d4 into command grab or simply dash in and command grab for free pressure. Afterwards Cyrax can just jump in and start his mindgames which can include 2,1 pressure, another command grab, etc.....

Nothing is impossible; you just have to read your opponent, download their habits and exploit your strengths / their weaknesses.
The whole reason there was flaming and trolling in this thread was because one of the members decided to troll cyrax and the players who use the character. His main argument was based on the whole "net and dream" thing and by calling Cyrax players unskilled, lazy, and accusing people of using Cyrax for easy wins caused a big commotion. So a lot of the material in here may seem odd or irrelevent if prior posts weren't read. But i really like your advice on footsies and pressure. I actually follow a large majority of what you said but now I have to work on meter management; knowing when to go for ex bomb combo, breaking, etc.

Going back to the topic...is opting to go for 2,2 instead of 2,1~saw viable? Because I'm having the hardest time following up with a njp from 2,1~saw =[

KRYS9984

Noob
The whole reason there was flaming and trolling in this thread was because one of the members decided to troll cyrax and the players who use the character. His main argument was based on the whole "net and dream" thing and by calling Cyrax players unskilled, lazy, and accusing people of using Cyrax for easy wins caused a big commotion. So a lot of the material in here may seem odd or irrelevent if prior posts weren't read. But i really like your advice on footsies and pressure. I actually follow a large majority of what you said but now I have to work on meter management; knowing when to go for ex bomb combo, breaking, etc.

Going back to the topic...is opting to go for 2,2 instead of 2,1~saw viable? Because I'm having the hardest time following up with a njp from 2,1~saw =[
Some Cyrax players do rely heavily on zero strategy and on hundred percent resets but put them against a player with great footsies / fundamentals and their success rate will drop to nothing.

I honestly don't feel that you were trolling the thread, you were just giving your opinion from personal experience. However, when things get out of hand such as arguments, etc..... then we need to take a step back and realize that Mortal Kombat is a game and we're all here to have fun and learn from one another.

Back on topic

I think 2, 2 might work in this situation; it keeps the opponent standing and forces him into the bomb regardless if it's on hit or block. That's pretty much how the old command grab re-set used to work. The only thing you have to take into consideration is that your opponent can possibly escape it; as you can see from J360 's video, Kung Lao was able to spin through a 2, 1 starter, however, try it out and see if it works for you.

The tech of this video requires push back from the buzzsaw, so it is necessary. If blocked, it forces the opponent into the bomb and on impact, the bomb will lift them off the ground.

If you like the set-up but cannot hit the njp, try different options:

- 1, 1, 1, 2, net - 1, 1, 3, 3, net - just a net before the opponent hits the ground.

These options will not give you maximum damage in one combo (as shown in the video) but the net finisher grants you a free 3, 3, ragdoll+grab or potentially more damage by allowing the net disappear and pressuring the opponent as he drops.

David

RockohAnthrax
this is perfect! Thank you!!!! This is my first time playing well with cyrax... are there any patches I should be aware of?

Mr Bonana

Ua Ola I Ke Aloha
this is perfect! Thank you!!!! This is my first time playing well with cyrax... are there any patches I should be aware of?
Probably a key one would be:

Opponent recovering quicker from command grab (no more "guaranteed" mid bomb 2,2 follow up)

I heard there were other nerfs like a buzzsaw reset but I wouldn't really know much about that because I got this game in February =]

David

RockohAnthrax
Probably a key one would be:

Opponent recovering quicker from command grab (no more "guaranteed" mid bomb 2,2 follow up)

I heard there were other nerfs like a buzzsaw reset but I wouldn't really know much about that because I got this game in February =]
Thanks! some guy pulled the command grab and i wasnt able to get out of it.. advice? teleport? breaker? uppercut? i tried all of those and it didnt work

Mr Bonana

Ua Ola I Ke Aloha
The best way to get out of command grab pressure is to tech the grab. It's a guessing game though. If you guess wrong your opponent can hit confirm into a full combo. The key is to watch for your opponent's habits and trying to get their timing and strings down. The lamer way to do it is to not block any of the follow up strings hoping to tech any grab attempts and dumping your meter to break any hit confirms....Another thing to note, I believe that low hit box characters have a easier time getting out of command grab pressure because they can crouch block and the command grab will whiff (won't whiff on normal hit box characters). Can anyone shed any light on this?