What's new

Meet the real Sirens of Injustice 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Oh shit boys we esports now. We are a big enough community for a woman to enter and claim to be "fighting sexism in gaming ". I don't care whether your gay, straight, trans, female, or a freaking furry as long as you play the game well or positively contribute to the community. Your contribution should not just be your sex.
where did they claim that?

WATCHD0G

Noob
Oh shit boys we esports now. We are a big enough community for a woman to enter and claim to be "fighting sexism in gaming ". I don't care whether your gay, straight, trans, female, or a freaking furry as long as you play the game well or positively contribute to the community. Your contribution should not just be your sex.
nothing more need be said

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Llumiya 's twitter
Well FTR there IS sexism in gaming, for example... I remember hearing about some girl being boo'd or something at an Esports League of legends tournament (or somthing like this) like a year ago or so.

At least the NRS community seems way more charming and welcoming but even then we've still had issues with certain players cat calling women in stream set-ups at tournaments and there's vidos of top Capcom players literally grabbing a woman's butt out of the nowhere. Not to mention stream monsters over sexualize women on streams at tournaments like they've never seen a woman before and they are just extremely nasty. Harassing is NOT OK at all and that only proves that men need to stop over sexualizing women, because that is sexism, at least don't be a jerk and act all stupid about it, if you like some girl... Go talk to her nicely and it's up to her if she wants to meet you or not, you don't have to act like a fool in front of your male fellows to feel validated and making her feel uncomfortable and unsafe in the process.

I do think we are closer and closer to women being able to attend tournaments but stuff like this is just very annoying to watch, I really wish both men and women could just go to tournaments to play (because that's literally what everyone there is there for) without women having to worry about being harassed or not getting as much respect as men for doing well.

When we get to that point I'm pretty sure there won't be any need to say stuff like you're about to fight sexism or anything like that, but just when we are all seen as players. PERIOD. not female, male, gay, straight, cisgender, transgender, black, white players, just PLAYERS and PEOPLE.

Last edited:

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
sexual harrassment isnt sexism and noel brown isnt a top player in capcom games either lul

but isnt sexism like... stereotypes and discrimination?

Last edited:

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
sexual harrassment isnt sexism but its bad and noel brown isnt a top player in capcom games either lul

isnt sexism just like... stereotypes and discrimination?
It is sexism because you're basically putting a woman down as a sexual object like she doesn't deserve any respect and has to hold all your nasty ass comments. It all comes down to people thinking men > women at the end of the day.
If we all were seen as equal, harassment wouldn't be accepted by some people because even tho it's great to see how most people reacted to these kind of situations defending the women, some other low key don't even care nor think it's an issue, and I can guarantee you groups of men do catcall/watch women in a sexual way/harass them at tournaments because that just happens everywhere.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
It is sexism because you're basically putting a woman down as a sexual object like she doesn't deserve any respect and has to hold all your nasty ass comments. It all comes down to people thinking men > women at the end of the day.
If we all were seen as equal, harassment wouldn't be accepted by some people because even tho it's great to see how most people reacted to these kind of situations defending the women, some other low key don't even care nor think it's an issue, and I can guarantee you groups of men do catcall/watch women in a sexual way/harass them at tournaments because that just happens everywhere.
when i hear "fight sexism" i think women not recieving equal pay at a job or being told rhey can only do do certain jobs. You know like a problem that needs fixing from the top down. tourney organizers go pretty far to try and help women feel comfortable like when Sherry made that video about her stalker and eveyone was super supportive + they bumped security up at her next tourney event.

The sexual harrassment stuff comes from the bottom of the fgc and creeps to the top like the catcalling on stream by certain nrs players or noel brown but there will always be assholes anywhere. nobody is def trying to make harrastment acceptable or force women to only play in their own tournies or something. wanting to "fight sexism" seems like virtue signalling in this case im not a girl tho so who knows

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
when i hear "fight sexism" i think women not recieving equal pay at a job or being told rhey can only do do certain jobs. You know like a problem that needs fixing from the top down. tourney organizers go pretty far to try and help women feel comfortable like when Sherry made that video about her stalker and eveyone was super supportive + they bumped security up at her next tourney event.

The sexual harrassment stuff comes from the bottom of the fgc and creeps to the top like the catcalling on stream by certain nrs players or noel brown but there will always be assholes anywhere. nobody is def trying to make harrastment acceptable or force women to only play in their own tournies or something. wanting to "fight sexism" seems like virtue signalling in this case im not a girl tho so who knows
I personally do consider harassment sexism because as I said, these men do it because they feel superior to women, which makes them think they have the power to do and say whatever they want, also as I said, eomen don't get as much credit and respect for doing well, just like that girl who got boo'd on stage for being a woman.

Prety sure it happens everywhere, not just the bottom of the FGC... I'll gove you that at least mist people seem to know this issue and are willing to make those girls feel secure and welcome but it just takes one dumbass to make a girl feel uncomfortable and insecure.

Also note that the "fighting sexism" thing is just about feeling empowered and proud, that's a thing for minorities and it's not bad... People who aren't part of any minority wouldn't understand this because they think people are just looking for attention or just being extra but stuff like this is important for minorities who are trying to become a part of something and being seen as equal just like how women are a minority in gaming.

Also.. I thought you were a girl

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
I personally do consider harassment sexism because as I said, these men do it because they feel superior to women, which makes them think they have the power to do and say whatever they want, also as I said, eomen don't get as much credit and respect for doing well, just like that girl who got boo'd on stage for being a woman.

Prety sure it happens everywhere, not just the bottom of the FGC... I'll gove you that at least mist people seem to know this issue and are willing to make those girls feel secure and welcome but it just takes one dumbass to make a girl feel uncomfortable and insecure.

Also note that the "fighting sexism" thing is just about feeling empowered and proud, that's a thing for minorities and it's not bad... People who aren't part of any minority wouldn't understand this because they think people are just looking for attention or just being extra but stuff like this is important for minorities who are trying to become a part of something and being seen as equal just like how women are a minority in gaming.

Also.. I thought you were a girl
sure but if you have a problem youre looking to fight especially in 2017 you want to pick your words carefully otherwise people are ready to roll their eyes hearing buzzwords from sjws like sexist or racist etc example being like with that gamm22 post kneejerk responses will be that.

you know im pretty sure to most people (who are guys, cu girls being very small %) in the fgc when they hear "fight sexism" the response will be "oh great more girl censorship in games" and less " now my gf /sister/mom will be safe with me to these tournaments where they notoriously neglect women's safety" have you seen some of these places with e-leauge or esl sets up? not some shady alley, people bring their families to this stuff its nice

again random, unaccountable people in twitch chat or youtube comments its open season on sexism fight away but i dont see any women hating illuminati in the fgc pulling the strings like at all. people will be dismissive if there's no real enemy and you just want to make more of their fave girl characters scrawny for body acceptance or whatever

Last edited:

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
There is no sexism in eSports. Hell, if there is, it actually helps women get sponsors easier.

What @EMPRESS_SunFire is talking about is in my opinion just rudeness, but that concerns male players just as well, only differently.

Regarding the oversexualizing, I agree and it's sad. I guess that's just the best way to get the money around. Women do it to thenselves just as much if not more though, think Jessica Nigri, that member of the original Siren Team that started doing erotic pictures on Patreon or half the famous cosplayers.

Last edited:

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Only Julia is missing to be added there. lol

And I know some other Amazons in Argentina. I remember those chicks since MKX days.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Good for them. I think they deserve attention. They're helping to show that females can be competative fighting game players. In a game and gaming culture that's still very male dominant, that's a tough task, and they face unique challenges. It might not mean much to a lot of male players, but for female players it could be a big deal. Hopefully they can help inspire more female players to join the community and grow the scene. I don't think attention for them takes away from anyone else.

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
It's honestly cool what they're trying to do, but a 10 second hug after losing in pools probably isn't a good look if you want to be taken seriously.

leoj89

Noob
Good for them. I think they deserve attention. They're helping to show that females can be competitive fighting game players. In a game and gaming culture that's still very male dominant, that's a tough task, and they face unique challenges. It might not mean much to a lot of male players, but for female players it could be a big deal. Hopefully they can help inspire more female players to join the community and grow the scene. I don't think attention for them takes away from anyone else.

I'm far from a saint when it comes to this stuff but this is so basic. Like why don't people get it ?

Wigy

There it is...
Good for them. I think they deserve attention. They're helping to show that females can be competative fighting game players. In a game and gaming culture that's still very male dominant, that's a tough task, and they face unique challenges. It might not mean much to a lot of male players, but for female players it could be a big deal. Hopefully they can help inspire more female players to join the community and grow the scene. I don't think attention for them takes away from anyone else.
Have they won anything yet though? Genuine question not been following the injustice scene heavily.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Have they won anything yet though? Genuine question not been following the injustice scene heavily.
I guess it depends on what your definition of "won anything" is. Have they been winning majors or placing top 8? No. But I'm not sure how what they've won or haven't won matters. They're competeing at a high level, and holding their own compared to most other players. Most players struggle to make it out of pools, and don't go far in tournaments. That doesn't mean they don't belong, or that they haven't accomplished anything.

gam224

The world's least hype player
The reason this annoys me is because these women are literally nothing special. They didn't emerge from a pool of killers like Marn, they didn't get top 8 with a character considered low tier like forever elite or whiteboi, they aren't great content creators like protagonist 1 , and they don't provide great commentary like KP. They just sit there and look pretty. I have much more respect for that French girl who was organizing and promoting a tourney.

Last edited:

gam224

The world's least hype player
I guess it depends on what your definition of "won anything" is. Have they been winning majors or placing top 8? No. But I'm not sure how what they've won or haven't won matters. They're competeing at a high level, and holding their own compared to most other players. Most players struggle to make it out of pools, and don't go far in tournaments. That doesn't mean they don't belong, or that they haven't accomplished anything.
This post almost implies that women are playing with a handicap or something. Most players don't get recognition for just getting out of pools. They just so happen to be pretty girls so they get attention despite being mediocre.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
The reason this annoys me is because these women are literally nothing special. They didn't emerge from a pool of killers like Marn, they didn't get top 8 with a character considered low tier like forever elite or whiteboi, they aren't great content creators like protagonist 1 , and they don't provide great commentary like KP. They just sit there and look pretty. I have much more respect for that French girl who was organizing and promoting a tourney or somebody like killtron who had a hype AF jax and just so happened to be a girl.
Killtron is not a girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.