What's new

Meet the real Sirens of Injustice 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
The reason this annoys me is because these women are literally nothing special. They didn't emerge from a pool of killers like Marn, they didn't get top 8 with a character considered low tier like forever elite or whiteboi, they aren't great content creators like protagonist 1 , and they don't provide great commentary like KP. They just sit there and look pretty. I have much more respect for that French girl who was organizing and promoting a tourney or somebody like killtron who had a hype AF jax and just so happened to be a girl.
They were given screen time to show the diversity of our scene. This is a good thing. Whether they're great at the game or not, their presence only helps our community.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Imma keep this to one post.

1: I am a straight white male, about as non-minority as you can get so I'm not going to claim to know the struggle of women or any other group that I'm not part of.

2: However with that being said, women in this community, have a VERY different experience than the guys. That's fact. Dont believe me, just ask around, it will become apparent.

3: The misinformation in CTC was OUTRAGEOUSLY SHIT. Semiij has never touched Superman. 129th is NOT a game away from Top 16. Honeybee fought more than Gross, ForeverKing, Theo and Dragon at EVO. Get the picture? So dont make the issue about sexism because that's not the issue at hand.

4: If you WANT to combat the sexism that absolutely exists in literally any community you look at, dont take away from the other actual issues by doing so (IE, dont bring attention to the sexism, in a video that definitely isn't even remotely sexist because that's not the problem with CTC, @Jer AND KitananPrime both have FANTASTIC threads on Twitter about the issues we should bring up about our scene, you should check them out, cuz these guys are smart)

5: Lastly I personally dont give two shits about your skin color, sexuality, gender, star sign, political view, pizza topping preference, whatever the fuck that could be different about you as long as you are healthy to the community, and play the damn game. That's it. Just those two things.

gam224

The world's least hype player
They were given screen time to show the diversity of our scene. This is a good thing. Whether they're great at the game or not, their presence only helps our community.
We literally have an African American bisexual autistic furry as our #1 guy. If that isn't diverse I don't know what is. 2nd who gives a fuck. Diversity isn't important, the good gameplay is what I come for.

gam224

Well FTR there IS sexism in gaming, for example... I remember hearing about some girl being boo'd or something at an Esports League of legends tournament (or somthing like this) like a year ago or so.

At least the NRS community seems way more charming and welcoming but even then we've still had issues with certain players cat calling women in stream set-ups at tournaments and there's vidos of top Capcom players literally grabbing a woman's butt out of the nowhere. Not to mention stream monsters over sexualize women on streams at tournaments like they've never seen a woman before and they are just extremely nasty. Harassing is NOT OK at all and that only proves that men need to stop over sexualizing women, because that is sexism, at least don't be a jerk and act all stupid about it, if you like some girl... Go talk to her nicely and it's up to her if she wants to meet you or not, you don't have to act like a fool in front of your male fellows to feel validated and making her feel uncomfortable and unsafe in the process.

I do think we are closer and closer to women being able to attend tournaments but stuff like this is just very annoying to watch, I really wish both men and women could just go to tournaments to play (because that's literally what everyone there is there for) without women having to worry about being harassed or not getting as much respect as men for doing well.

When we get to that point I'm pretty sure there won't be any need to say stuff like you're about to fight sexism or anything like that, but just when we are all seen as players. PERIOD. not female, male, gay, straight, cisgender, transgender, black, white players, just PLAYERS and PEOPLE.
They way to do this is not to get up onstage looking for attention because of your looks. If they were good players or content creators I would respect them... but they're not.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I think diversity is very important, it helps to create a more welcoming and interesting community. Female players have a different experience playing and competing in FGC, and I appreciate hearing their story. Winning isn't the only way to make yourself relevant in a scene, and it isn't the only way to inspire other players or grow the scene. And again, who is this really hurting? Why is telling their story such a big deal?

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Wow you're first post not downplaying GL congrats!!! Oh and takes one to know one
*sigh* Guess I should explain eh?

The idea of wanting to show some diversity or show that women play our games too or whatever is great, nothing wrong with that. I'm black so I'm all about diversity. The execution of this shit however is horrible and so disrespectful to so many other players or people in the community in general.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
They way to do this is not to get up onstage looking for attention because of your looks. If they were good players or content creators I would respect them... but they're not.
Why do only good players deserve respect? What's the cutoff for a good player? Also, why do you assume they're just looking for attention because of their looks? Most play the game because they love the game, same as any player. Why do you assume differnt things about female players compared to male players?

gam224

*sigh* Guess I should explain eh?

The idea of wanting to show some diversity or show that women play our games too or whatever is great, nothing wrong with that. I'm black so I'm all about diversity. The execution of this shit however is horrible and so disrespectful to so many other players or people in the community in general.
So I'm supposed to get that out of this community is a joke?

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
We literally have an African American bisexual autistic furry as our #1 guy. If that isn't diverse I don't know what is. 2nd who gives a fuck. Diversity isn't important, the good gameplay is what I come for.
I know that's what you come for, me too. But, this is a web series also being aired on TV to hopefully a very large audience. Most of whom probably couldn't care less about the gameplay, but the personalities shown may be able to interest them.

gam224

Why do only good players deserve respect? What's the cutoff for a good player? Also, why do you assume they're just looking for attention because of their looks? Most play the game because they love the game, same as any player. Why do you assume differnt things about female players compared to male players?
Because that's literally what they advertise, the article was not written about how Llumiya's green lantern was excellent it was about how she had a vagina. If she gets consistent top 8's or manages to bring an overlooked character in to top 8 I will have respect. The same criteria applies to any man as far as I'm concerned.

Fred Marvel

So I'm supposed to get that out of this community is a joke?
You aren't "supposed to get" anything. I explained to give some context. Also This community is a joke let us not forget that and this is an example of something that's not helping it.

gam224

I know that's what you come for, me too. But, this is a web series also being aired on TV to hopefully a very large audience. Most of whom probably couldn't care less about the gameplay, but the personalities shown may be able to interest them.
This is a good point, I would love to see our community get more attention and money from the mainstream and TV is an avenue for that but I believe these girls will hurt us more than help us. These girls aren't Ricky Ortiz, somebody who is a legitimate top player and just so happens to be trans. These girls already said that they are "fighting sexism " . This community isn't super sexist but if these girls get on TV they will portray us as such to come off as empowered.

gam224

You aren't "supposed to get" anything. I explained to give some context. Also This community is a joke let us not forget that and this is an example of something that's not helping it.
The NRS community is something great and it's not a joke. I think you're saying this because TYM got sick of your downplaying. Yes I think this is poorly handled that's evident but this community means a great many things to a great many people. If that's how you feel I suggest you leave this "joke of a community ".

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
This is a good point, I would love to see our community get more attention and money from the mainstream and TV is an avenue for that but I believe these girls will hurt us more than help us. These girls aren't Ricky Ortiz, somebody who is a legitimate top player and just so happens to be trans. These girls already said that they are "fighting sexism " . This community isn't super sexist but if these girls get on TV they will portray us as such to come off as empowered.
I actually did not know that about Ricky. Knew she was a top player but not the trans thing. That's very interesting.

Fred Marvel

The NRS community is something great and it's not a joke. I think you're saying this because TYM got sick of your downplaying. Yes I think this is poorly handled that's evident but this community means a great many things to a great many people. If that's how you feel I suggest you leave this "joke of a community ".
TYM is definitely a lot worse than the entire NRS community but it's still a part of it and the community still sucks. I tend to like the games and can play at a high but not quite pro level so I probably won't leave altogether. But I probably am done going to tournaments after just two so I'm kinda out of it already.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Yes, he's very highly functioning though. He started college early and has excellent grades. His autism is probably why he plays like a robot.
Is that something Sonic Fox has actually confirmed in an interview or something, or are you just speculating?

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Yes, he's very highly functioning though. He started college early and has excellent grades. His autism is probably why he plays like a robot.
Soooo how do you know hes autistic. Because if its just a guess thats a pretty shitty thing to think and tell others. Just curious.

gam224

Soooo how do you know hes autistic. Because if its just a guess thats a pretty shitty thing to think and tell others. Just curious.
In retrospect I should have studied it more, I thought it was common knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.