What's new

Meet the real Sirens of Injustice 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Yes, he's very highly functioning though. He started college early and has excellent grades. His autism is probably why he plays like a robot.
He goes to a normal college and started after he turned 18 and graduated high school. No idea where you're getting your info from lol

gam224

The world's least hype player
He goes to a normal college and started after he turned 18 and graduated high school. No idea where you're getting your info from lol
There was a recent interview that was on TYM where he said he was in his 3rd year at some tech college.

gam224

There was a recent interview that was on TYM where he said he was in his 3rd year at some tech college.
He's in his second year at NYIT. That's why he moved to ny last year
oh, in that case my bad

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
If you want a female who actually did work and could serve as an example for other females ScarsUnseen. She deserves the attention more.
She was great in MKX but has she really done anything in Injustice 2? Did she attend evo? Does she even play this game anymore?

I know these women (Sirens) play and grind the game regularly and stay active in this game so I'm genuinely curious.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
If you want a female who actually did work and could serve as an example for other females ScarsUnseen. She deserves the attention more.
Why let perfect get in the way of doing good? From what I can tell the Sirens play hard, travel to events, and work hard on twitter and twitch to promote themselves and female gaming. Seems like a fine example to me. If ScarsUnseen is also a great example, then by all means she should get attention as well.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
i dont see anything wrong with highlighting women in the community. why do you have to make some accomplishment to need to represent the community? people who show up to events regularly deserve love too. if they wanted to highlight women thats cool as well. i think that the people who show up to events and never get all that far are the most important people in the community. these women are doing a lot more than a lot of you are by showing up

Skedar70

Noob
Why let perfect get in the way of doing good? From what I can tell the Sirens play hard, travel to events, and work hard on twitter and twitch to promote themselves and female gaming. Seems like a fine example to me. If ScarsUnseen is also a great example, then by all means she should get attention as well.
I want them to be recognized for being good or doing good stuff for the community not just because they are females. I don't think they have put enough hard work as you say, if they would have it would show.

gam224

It doesn't matter if you're more basic than soap, so long as you have 2 X chromosomes you're noteworthy in our community. Seriously guys we don't need to be this desperate

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
It doesn't matter if you're more basic than soap, so long as you have 2 X chromosomes you're noteworthy in our community. Seriously guys we don't need to be this desperate
If you're a female competing in a predominantly male dominated arena, I'd say that's noteworthy. I don't see why acknowledging female players, and giving them a bit of spotlight, is considered desperate.

gam224

If you're a female competing in a predominantly male dominated arena, I'd say that's noteworthy. I don't see why acknowledging female players, and giving them a bit of spotlight, is considered desperate.
It may be super predominantly male but it's not like there are barriers keeping women from competiting. If you're unremarkable from a game play perspective (which they all are) than they don't deserve a spotlight.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
It may be super predominantly male but it's not like there are barriers keeping women from competiting. If you're unremarkable from a game play perspective (which they all are) than they don't deserve a spotlight.
I think there are barriers that keep women from competing. Sexual harrassment, the stigma in trying to compete in something that society tells you is for the opposite gender, things like that. But don't take my word for it, ask some female players what they've gone through, and compare it to your own personl challenges, and see what's different.

Wow can't believe the hate for seeing some women featured in gaming lol Especially after we had to sit through hours and hours of washed up PL and Pig last season.

gam224

I think there are barriers that keep women from competing. Sexual harrassment, the stigma in trying to compete in something that society tells you is for the opposite gender, things like that. But don't take my word for it, ask some female players what they've gone through, and compare it to your own personl challenges, and see what's different.
Society isn't opposed to women gaming. Women are just less drawn to it. Men face sexual harassment as well, I know I have. Nobody is dissuading women from participating.

Status
Not open for further replies.