What's new

Match Footage - Sub-Zero *MATCH FOOTAGE* Post your online/offline matches here (All variations)

i'm a new sub zero player. i'm having a lot of fun with cryomancer. only been playing him for a few days. heres some of my progress. Wow your a cutie if thats really you

e it gives you options to either slide and cause the opponent to switch sides, do another hammer stuffing most wakeups, run up and air hammer or back dash and then force your opponent to do something first that you can hopefully counter. Look these are just ideas and it's what I am trying to get right as well. What are your thoughts?[/QUOTE]
i'm a new sub zero player. i'm having a lot of fun with cryomancer. only been playing him for a few days. heres some of my progress.

i'm a new sub zero player. i'm having a lot of fun with cryomancer. only been playing him for a few days. heres some of my progress.

seakaybe

Noob
e it gives you options to either slide and cause the opponent to switch sides, do another hammer stuffing most wakeups, run up and air hammer or back dash and then force your opponent to do something first that you can hopefully counter. Look these are just ideas and it's what I am trying to get right as well. What are your thoughts?
[/QUOTE]
Why did you copy and paste what I said? Did you want to ask me something?

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
So I wanted to upload a small set that a friend and I played today. I was hoping for some helpful advice and tips in Neutral if you all wouldn't mind. Watch the set and tell me what you think. I'm starting out with Cryomancer, but I do have some GM which I will update as soon as I have them uploaded.
GM Matches

@YOMI DJT
@Tom Brady
@DarksydeDash
@Ree301
@Rickyraws
@Rebelo
@InFlames
@xQUANTUMx
@RunwayMafia
@ Any other Sub mains that I can't think of ATM.
In general I think you're respecting Jax's options too much. Also, whenever you hit a d4, you just block or walk back. You should be running in and pressuring or baiting an armored move.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
I feel the same, without the clone I feel like I am open and free for a pummelling. The hardknock down on the hammer is incredibly important because it gives you options to either slide and cause the opponent to switch sides, do another hammer stuffing most wakeups, run up and air hammer or back dash and then force your opponent to do something first that you can hopefully counter. Look these are just ideas and it's what I am trying to get right as well. What are your thoughts?
Well I know you can stuff wake ups in the corner but idk about mid screen. From what I've seen, and how I've been doing it. Depending on the scenario I will willingly reset neutral. Cryo sub is not a rush down character by any means of the word. His strings are way to bad for that. He's a "counter-puncher" character. He punishes you for your mistakes in neutral runs you into the ground with damage. He isn't a character that can compete with other rush down characters up close like JC, Jax, Devorah, or hell even tempest Lao really. So from what I been experimenting with trying to excell in neutral is the only real way to go. In short, Cryo sub is an mk9 character in MKX. And what I mean by that is, since he himself has to play outstanding neutral in a game where you are punished for blocking, jump ins are so strong, and everyone in the game has at least one string that covers half the screen, it can be a nightmare for him when fighting any character who out neutrals him excessively or how can apply intense pressure because he himself cannot apply said pressure. Fight a good JC player and you will see what I mean. You never realize how.....amazingly important clone his to have until you got an 11 frame normal that's + on block eating your health like a depressed fat man in the back of an ice cream store. Let me tell you from experience, you start to rethink a lot of things.

Endeavor

In general I think you're respecting Jax's options too much. Also, whenever you hit a d4, you just block or walk back. You should be running in and pressuring or baiting an armored move.
His armor is precisely why I wasn't running in a just pressuring. I was doing that before in a previous set and his answer on d4 hit was mash reversal and I would lose 20% and be in Jax pressure because of this. Like I said, even though Cryomancer is better now and has great damage, he isn't a rush down character since he doesn't have the strings to go toe-toe with someone like Jax. But that's just my opinion I find that hanging back and playing a more patient and spaced agression game is better for him. Also a lot of those d4s were from far away and I have noticed that when that happens it's easier to armore out of the incoming pressure so I was always trying hit confirm how deep the d4 was.

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
His armor is precisely why I wasn't running in a just pressuring. I was doing that before in a previous set and his answer on d4 hit was mash reversal and I would lose 20% and be in Jax pressure because of this. Like I said, even though Cryomancer is better now and has great damage, he isn't a rush down character since he doesn't have the strings to go toe-toe with someone like Jax. But that's just my opinion I find that hanging back and playing a more patient and spaced agression game is better for him. Also a lot of those d4s were from far away and I have noticed that when that happens it's easier to armore out of the incoming pressure so I was always trying hit confirm how deep the d4 was.
So you're not going for guaranteed pressure (unless armored) and chip, which Cryo SEVERELY needs, but just want to let Jax come to you and pressure you to death? All the while building tons of meter to break IF you ever get a punish...

You're acting like you can't run and block. If you do this while anticipating an armored move, you'll block the overhead and get 40% or more. I honestly don't see why you would just back off...

Make him respect YOU. Not the other way around.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Jsyk, D'Vorah has no armored wake up option vs. Cryo. Hammer hkd > safe ji1 > stand 1 strings will beat wake up ex Ovipositor Rush. It'll beat any wake up that's 18~19f for that matter. At that point, you can transition into more of a rush down play style.

Also, after d4 hit I believe run 1 strings are guaranteed. Should probably test that since I haven't myself...

seakaybe

Noob
@Zeero you make a good point you have to control the space, you have to wait for your opportunity to punish so when you do don't forget to take advantage of what he has to offer.

Awesome response though you did have me smiling there

Endeavor

So you're not going for guaranteed pressure (unless armored) and chip, which Cryo SEVERELY needs, but just want to let Jax come to you and pressure you to death? All the while building tons of meter to break IF you ever get a punish...

You're acting like you can't run and block. If you do this while anticipating an armored move, you'll block the overhead and get 40% or more. I honestly don't see why you would just back off...

Make him respect YOU. Not the other way around.
Well for one its online so sometimes you block things and the net code says "NOPE!!!!" and you get hit and lose half your life. As for the pressure, because most of his armor is relatively safe on block and since its online it means it is safe. The Jax that I was playing was using gottcha grab as a reversal. Not to mention since I don't have a special to generate space at the end of my string I hesitate due to not wanting to deal with the incoming 50/50 and pressure. Make no mistake about it, I do pressure him, and if you watch my vids you do see me pressuring him, however I'm not going ham with it cause I don't think Cryo can do that safely if the opponent understands how he works.

Does anyone have any tips against ballanced kenshi vs grand master sub-zero i dont know how to beat telfury and that move that pushes you back

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Does anyone have any tips against ballanced kenshi vs grand master sub-zero i dont know how to beat telfury and that move that pushes you back
You can neutral duck teleflurry. Almost everyone used to be able to neutral duck from full screen and then run in for a punish. But they buffed whiff recovery on teleflurry recently so...

You can neutral duck teleflurry. Almost everyone used to be able to neutral duck from full screen and then run in for a punish. But they buffed whiff recovery on teleflurry recently so...
Thanks for tip i will practice it and surpass all even though i dont know if its really worth trying to be the best at a video game

Creepy00

Noob
Some more GM subzero offline footage coming from Germany's first MKX tournament. Top 3 was all GM Subzero!

Go to 5:09:10 to watch the top 3.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer

Kung Lao's being Kung Lao's. Learning the MU though. Too bad he didn't want to play anymore @Just2Swift beyond the disrespect e-thug thing you've got going on, wanna shed some light on this MU?

Last edited:

zoofs

bless
http://www.twitch.tv/zoofs/v/19996325

dunno how interesting this is to watch as its pretty casual online matches with some joke stuff and sloppy play from all 3 of us but this was a koth of me, @RagingRicans and Traphustla101 playing mirrors along with a couple matches with @Mikemetroid later on.

its at least just fun to watch I guess lol, I wouldn't take any of this for 100% certain mu knowledge or very serious play.

RagingRicans

NetBattles
http://www.twitch.tv/zoofs/v/19996325

dunno how interesting this is to watch as its pretty casual online matches with some joke stuff and sloppy play from all 3 of us but this was a koth of me, @RagingRicans and Traphustla101 playing mirrors along with a couple matches with @Mikemetroid later on.

its at least just fun to watch I guess lol, I wouldn't take any of this for 100% certain mu knowledge or very serious play.
1 1 4 B O Y Z