What's new

Match Footage - Sub-Zero *MATCH FOOTAGE* Post your online/offline matches here (All variations)

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
@Ree301 have you posted any of your videos? I've been checking your stuff out on YouTube and your play is very impressive, one of the best I've seen.
Haha thanks man, that's flattering. The only stuff on here is the same stuff that's on YT. I've got some more matches on the PS4 Share, playing with some guys here on TYM, friends or some randoms from matchmaking. I'll post what I've got this weekend.

seakaybe

Noob
I've been waiting to see the new Cryo in action, that's awesome I thought scorp had you there. I am really enjoying his damage and momentum switch potential but I suck at punishing. what would you recommend I do? Just go into training practice against each character or are there easier ways to get my head around it?

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I go into training. I had a hard time punishing Mileena ball/ teleport, Scorpion slide, Kung Jin bo spin, etc. Pick one character and have them do the reversal you want to punish. Then see what you can do to and when, from b2 (slowest) to 11/ 111 (fastest). I have to get in the lab vs. Johnny Cage myself.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
So I wanted to upload a small set that a friend and I played today. I was hoping for some helpful advice and tips in Neutral if you all wouldn't mind. Watch the set and tell me what you think. I'm starting out with Cryomancer, but I do have some GM which I will update as soon as I have them uploaded.
GM Matches

@YOMI DJT
@Tom Brady
@DarksydeDash
@Ree301
@Rickyraws
@Rebelo
@InFlames
@xQUANTUMx
@RunwayMafia
@ Any other Sub mains that I can't think of ATM.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Zeero, post: 1903107, member: @ Any other Sub mains that I can't think of ATM.[/QUOTE @Zeero well with grandmaster i mostly use ice clone and i also found a combo that does 47%damge in corner it requires an xray if you all ready know it then no point telling you now as far as tips i like to use down circle low kicks for mid range pokes down x low kick and square square iceclone square triangle x ice clone for close range pokes and +frames block advantage most players cant punish those moves unless they see iceclone and ex armor you mostly gotta confuse your opponent with mix ups and use back triangle for launchers i also noticed ex freeze beats projectiles i was done makeing videos but i ll make one more to help you watch my rank match video for tips and tricks

Endeavor

[QUOTE="Zeero, post: 1903107, member: @ Any other Sub mains that I can't think of ATM.[/QUOTE @Zeero well with grandmaster i mostly use ice clone and i also found a combo that does 47%damge in corner it requires an xray if you all ready know it then no point telling you now as far as tips i like to use down circle low kicks for mid range pokes down x low kick and square square iceclone square triangle x ice clone for close range pokes and +frames block advantage most players cant punish those moves unless they see iceclone and ex armor you mostly gotta confuse your opponent with mix ups and use back triangle for launchers i also noticed ex freeze beats projectiles i was done makeing videos but i ll make one more to help you watch my rank match video for tips and tricks
I guess my post was a bit confusing with how I worded it. I have been playing MK since MK9, and I was a decent sub back then. I have been playing this game since launch and Im....just ok. Nothing special going on. I have been playing GM since launch as well, I just only recently started playing Cryomancer after the patch due to his buffs. That variation isn't as strong as GM and you MUST play EXCELLENT neutral in a game that often doesn't care about neutral for reasons I wont go into right now. Bottom line I was more or less looking for tips about neutral in this game with Cryo, to take my Cryo sub to the next level. GM Im looking to improve neutral as well but I wanna play neutral More like @YOMI DJT. The man is a Neutral God. He is able to some how make the character maul you without ever using a clone until he gets you in the corner.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
@Zeero overall that was a pretty impressive set. Use of AA 1, whiff punishing, technique, defense, conversions, all on point.

Concerning the neutral the only 2 criticisms I have, and this looked intentional, is the lack of interactable use. I think they're all + on block, so if you have the chance go for it. If nothing else, it uses up an opponents resource (especially important using GM). Besides that, a d4 hit means you won the neutral. You used it well, but follow up with run b12 and see how many people you catch trying to hit buttons.

Endeavor

@Zeero overall that was a pretty impressive set. Use of AA 1, whiff punishing, technique, defense, conversions, all on point.

Concerning the neutral the only 2 criticisms I have, and this looked intentional, is the lack of interactable use. I think they're all + on block, so if you have the chance go for it. If nothing else, it uses up an opponents resource (especially important using GM). Besides that, a d4 hit means you won the neutral. You used it well, but follow up with run b12 and see how many people you catch trying to hit buttons.
I get scarred cause people are usually trying to armor out on hit in this game and I have been reversaled on hit before using B12, so I usually go for f42 to catch them doing things.

I guess my post was a bit confusing with how I worded it. I have been playing MK since MK9, and I was a decent sub back then. I have been playing this game since launch and Im....just ok. Nothing special going on. I have been playing GM since launch as well, I just only recently started playing Cryomancer after the patch due to his buffs. That variation isn't as strong as GM and you MUST play EXCELLENT neutral in a game that often doesn't care about neutral for reasons I wont go into right now. Bottom line I was more or less looking for tips about neutral in this game with Cryo, to take my Cryo sub to the next level. GM Im looking to improve neutral as well but I wanna play neutral More like @YOMI DJT. The man is a Neutral God. He is able to some how make the character maul you without ever using a clone until he gets you in the corner.
That's very hard to win a match with out ice clone unless the opponent is really sucky

seakaybe

Noob
@Zeero with cryo I agree with the run cancel but use 12db2 to control the space a bit better as an option. Remember most opponents won't try meter out of the attack if you've connected two or 3 d4's without running in. The 12 string is good because it forces them to block low giving you the option of the b2 at some stage.

Endeavor

@Zeero with cryo I agree with the run cancel but use 12db2 to control the space a bit better as an option. Remember most opponents won't try meter out of the attack if you've connected two or 3 d4's without running in. The 12 string is good because it forces them to block low giving you the option of the b2 at some stage.
Hm I'll have to start trying that. The main question is how do I force people to play neutral in this game? I fought a good reptile and without clone it seems impossible to slow him down.

seakaybe

Noob
Hm I'll have to start trying that. The main question is how do I force people to play neutral in this game? I fought a good reptile and without clone it seems impossible to slow him down.
I feel the same, without the clone I feel like I am open and free for a pummelling. The hardknock down on the hammer is incredibly important because it gives you options to either slide and cause the opponent to switch sides, do another hammer stuffing most wakeups, run up and air hammer or back dash and then force your opponent to do something first that you can hopefully counter. Look these are just ideas and it's what I am trying to get right as well. What are your thoughts?

Kaymai

inside of this girl is a beast
i'm a new sub zero player. i'm having a lot of fun with cryomancer. only been playing him for a few days. heres some of my progress.