What's new

Tech - Grandmaster SZ open space post knock down

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I can see the application, well done. But still, I'm not sure about a few of the points made here. Help me clear them up if you could.

- Balanced is not Kenshi's preferred variation, I'm pretty sure Possessed is. While Balanced is great at punishing, it's zoning has a lot of holes. I'm just not sure a specific clone distance/ bait is worth more than the corner in a lot of situations. Especially when you mentioned the opponent has to commit to a wake up we could otherwise bait and punish (at least block and take frame advantage/ pressure).

- Stamina. That stuff recovers pretty quickly off a short run cancelled dash. Quickly enough that I could break if I wanted to, albeit slightly later in the combo when the bar is full. In situations where I have so little health that immediately breaking was necessary, or when a short combo into x ray would end the match for me, I'd consider this open space strat, but still it seems very MU specific. Who else could we apply this to really?

- The F/T match up. The slide from 123 hits pretty meaty most of the time. Most players can still clone>toss faster than Ferra could come at us after wake up I'm pretty sure. And again, this is another character that gets absolutely destroyed by corner pressure. Why not take max screen push, or even use the Madzin 112 > clone option if we're think we may land too close post slide?

At face value, your post comes off as a little stubborn. It's a trend that shows up in your recent play with your apparent refusal to use f12 as a corner ended instead of late njk or b334. Or the fact that you publicly denounced shatter combos in favor of set ups, then tried one in tournament against FT (it dropped but I saw it Tom you rascal, you DO like our tech).

You seem to take a lot of pride in your identity as a Sub Zero trail blazer, and don't get me wrong, you are. But it looks like you're doing some mental gymnastics to be unique. It may or may not be hurting your play. But you are far more experienced than I am, so take this with a grain of salt. This just seems less pivotal than your more early, more useful posts. Now that clone is fixed, drop Diablo and expand the meta with the rest of us.

And for the love of god fix those guides you scrub :3