What's new

Match Footage - Sub-Zero *MATCH FOOTAGE* Post your online/offline matches here (All variations)

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
So just like in MK9 forums, I thought it would be nice to have a 'Match Footage' thread were we, SZ players, could post our matches, discuss it etc. This is for Online AND Offline videos, so feel free to post anything related to Sub-Zero match footage.

P.S. This is for ALL variations.

Last edited:

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
I will start with some of my early Cryo footage.

Some corner pressure and quitality :D

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Few days old match footage against one of the best Raiden that I have yet to meet online on Steam (PC)

It would be nice if fellow Unbreakable variation brothers would take a look and do some criticism for what Im doing right and what Im doing wrong here.
@NB Semi Evil Ryu @Braindead @Tom Brady @Ugodimak @RunwayMafia

P.S. Am I the only one who completely rushes with Unbreakable? I mean from the "concept" this variation should be one of the best (if not the best) variation when it comes to defense. But I'll be damned if I won't tell you that 95% of my wins are from rushdown playstyle where I rush them into corner and then I beat them with 50/50s, also by freezing them with the pary on the expected wakeup attacks - just to continue corner pressure.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Few days old match footage against one of the best Raiden that I have yet to meet online on Steam (PC)

It would be nice if fellow Unbreakable variation brothers would take a look and do some criticism for what Im doing right and what Im doing wrong here.

P.S. Am I the only one who completely rushes with Unbreakable? I mean from the "concept" this variation should be one of the best (if not the best) variation when it comes to defense. But I'll be damned if I won't tell you that 95% of my wins are from rushdown playstyle where I rush them into corner and then I beat them with 50/50s, also by freezing them with the pary on the expected wakeup attacks - just to continue corner pressure.
Nice. I loved the first parry you landed when he was charging at you from fullscreen. Amazing feeling, eh?

The way I play Subzero (Unbreakable) is completely dictated upon how my opponent plays. If they are super aggressive, I put up Aura ( I do this regardless, lol) and I am punishing and scouting for that read to parry them based on how they react.

If THEY are super defensive and turtley, I aura up and actually kind of zone with ice balls (depending on their spacing of course) and get them pinned in the corner and go for his 50/50s.

I'm still finding my footing with my Unbreakable meta/neutral. I pretty much take no risks until I have to...I use his F33, B12, F12, punishes, a lot of throws.

I find once you get a significant life lead and they realize they have barely done any damage to you (due to aura) you can totally back off and they will start to panic and rushdown and get wreckless. This is when I land the most parries. Lol

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face

Ok so a few comments: You have to work on better combos. When you land a parry you usually go for for NJ2 242 then nothing or maybe you'll connect a slide. It will be much better if you do 242 run 123 xx slide. More damage and a lot more corner carry, which is extremely important.

When rushing down forget dashes, runs are the way to go. You dash in then do a b2 or whatever to open them up, but that's very risky against a good player. Try to run to cancel immediately and be less vulnerable.

When he's attacking you he's doing a lot of d1 d1 d1 on block. Most D1s are negative on block in this game, so when he does that either poke back, or against players like this they usually don't block after they poke you so just go for b12 xx iceball into a full combo. This isn't MK9 where you can get away with d3 d3 string on block, so don't let them do that to you.

As for the unbreakable specifics, personally I use the Aura a lot more, I almost have it activated the entire round. You usually do it only when you're full screen. Don't be afraid to do it in their faces by doing f4 xx aura on block, or after a corner combo like in that thread I posted the other day.

I like how you use your parry by the way, and landing Xrays is always just so good.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
@Braindead some good points about 242 run 123/slide after parry. But IMO when playing online I would better recommend 242 xx Run f33 (insead of 123/slide).
It does only like 2% less dmg, but the thing is that you don't risk dropping the combo after the run. 123/Slide inputs are harder to perform in online when there's input delay.
Basically how I punish in the mid more safely is : B12+Iceball, JI2+242, run+F33 = 27% dmg and it carries into corner just as good as the slide.

Last edited:

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Good stuff. A lot of weird moments there lol.

I think you should work a bit on your combos especially when you freeze your opponent in the air. Try NJ2, JI2, run xx 123 slide. It has great corner carry and better damage than just a couple of jump attacks into slide.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Good stuff. A lot of weird moments there lol.

I think you should work a bit on your combos especially when you freeze your opponent in the air. Try NJ2, JI2, run xx 123 slide. It has great corner carry and better damage than just a couple of jump attacks into slide.
Yeah. Right now I'm just doing what feels consistent in tournament, but I will level up my combos a bit.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
@STORMS could you make this thread Sticky? Also it would be nice if you could edit it's name into "Match Footage" (without Cryomancer in the title)

Creepy00

Noob
Yet again, I managed to sneak in into one of DSP MKX videos. I know he isn't is my level, but as long I get to show my skills, it will do. Anyways more videos for the thread :p

Sage-Of-Light

Student of Nature
So just like in MK9 forums, I thought it would be nice to have a 'Match Footage' thread were we, SZ players, could post our matches, discuss it etc. This is for Online AND Offline videos, so feel free to post anything related to Sub-Zero match footage.

P.S. This is for ALL variations.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Seriously I just love how you can parry opponents in their gaps between the strings while blocking