What's new

Maskless Variants

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
Skarlet, Scorpion, Sub Zero, Jade, Kitana, and Kabal all have maskless variants.

I see lots of people want them and are spending millions of koins and relying on Shrine rng.
However, there is a guaranteed way to get the maskless variants that you want. The third or fourth set of a characters personal tower will give them as rewards. Scorpion, Sub Zero, and Kabal also receive their MK9 masks in their tower sets. (Kano's MKX eye is in his set)

So if you know the one you want get to work on their tower sets instead of waiting to get lucky.

Edit: It's been brought to my attention that Skarlet's does not come in her tower. Kabal's may not either. I know Scorpion, Sub Zero, and Jade's do it's how I got mine.

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

Well, the fact that I got three I had assumed it was like that for all characters. My apologies.

Did you guys do all 5?
Just checking. Some people don't know there are 5.
Yep. I did every one of them.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Alright, good. That's what I've been doing. Been using the one item that's supposed to increase your chances of getting better items, but I can't even tell the difference with or without it.
I personally never even bothered with that thing. I think it just increases the odds for skin drops anyway, not gear pieces. I just kept farming ToT until I had enough gold to buy and sell Shang Tsung's whole damn island and just brute forced it until I started getting duplicates. Barely ever played online because of that lol.

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
Alright, good. That's what I've been doing. Been using the one item that's supposed to increase your chances of getting better items, but I can't even tell the difference with or without it.
Gear doesn't have rarity. Don't waste those offerings when rolling for gear.
That offering increases odds for rarity so it does nothing for gear.

Well I got Scorpion, Sub Zero, and Jade's from their towers. Haven't done Skarlet or Kabal's. But I got Kabal's from a Kronika Vault.
I’m on stage 5 of SZ’s tower and have seen no maskless gear. Are you sure? Anyone else find it there?

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
I’m on stage 5 of SZ’s tower and have seen no maskless gear. Are you sure? Anyone else find it there?
I'm 100 percent positive. It was the first one I got and it was a reward for the tower just before the boss tower on stage 4.

Maybe tower rewards are random and only the kompletion rewards are static.

Raider

Noob
I have few questions about the Krypt and Shrine.

-Should i open all the chests that are in the Krypt (this will take some time for me) then use Shrine?
-Where is Shrine located exactly?
-Is there a way to reduce cost of chests that you can open with hearts only? Opened 2 so far and they were 250 hearts each. And hearts are really hard to get.
-How many hearts chests are there in the Krypt total?
-I am just walking from hub to hub and opening all the chests (till i spend all the gold i have) is that ok? Should i know something about chests and not open them randomly?

Thanks

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
I have few questions about the Krypt and Shrine.

-Should i open all the chests that are in the Krypt (this will take some time for me) then use Shrine?
-Where is Shrine located exactly?
-Is there a way to reduce cost of chests that you can open with hearts only? Opened 2 so far and they were 250 hearts each. And hearts are really hard to get.
-How many hearts chests are there in the Krypt total?
-I am just walking from hub to hub and opening all the chests (till i spend all the gold i have) is that ok? Should i know something about chests and not open them randomly?

Thanks
-I did.
-west of the forge and south of kombat statues (shrine is Naknatan (looks like Kollector) is big and golden)
-yes, Sindel's Wedding Ring cuts all chest prices in half for 60 seconds this includes heart chests, Lockpicks can open heart chests for free
-Nope, all chests are randomly located except for heart chests and the 250k chest in the river in deadwoods

Subzero's MK9 masks( the default and glowing one) are supposed to be in ToT.

A friend of mine has them both without even doing the tutorial towers (I found the non-glowing in stage 3 or 4 of SZ ToT). He completed the story mode though.

I also received gear from ToT which I already had. So there is a possibility they are random.

I'm 100 percent positive. It was the first one I got and it was a reward for the tower just before the boss tower on stage 4.

Maybe tower rewards are random and only the kompletion rewards are static.
I'm not saying you're lying, but you are lucky. I just checked again and don't have it, and I'm on Stage 5.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
You must have to spend a ton on the shrine cause I dished out 50K on one, and got shit like two augments. Like IDGAF about augments, that's a lot of koins and they give you shit....I read you have to spend at least 75k to get anything decent. Yet when I spent less the first day I got a few masks at least. God I hope NRS stops with this randomized nonsense in future games. It's seriously stupid.

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
You must have to spend a ton on the shrine cause I dished out 50K on one, and got shit like two augments. Like IDGAF about augments, that's a lot of koins and they give you shit....I read you have to spend at least 75k to get anything decent. Yet when I spent less the first day I got a few masks at least. God I hope NRS stops with this randomized nonsense in future games. It's seriously stupid.
75k for Gear
100k for Skins