What's new

Tech Martian Tech Hunter!

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Cool stuff. When you say he has no hard KD strings though, 112, 222, b13, and f2u1 1+3 are all hard KDs and can be cancelled before the last hit (I realize you probably mean you can't cancel after the hard KD with any of them, just thought I'd throw this out there because it fit's in with the tech). So even with little mixup footsie combos you can get an orb out and keep the pressure on without them being able to tech roll. They might be able to backdash before you can follow up, though, so it might now be a frame trap. Just food for thought.

Shamwow0w0w

Steam / Twitch: Apsasu
(I put this in another post but I put it with other character set ups as well, but MMH's is unavoidable except by specific wake up attacks)

If you end your combo with b13 in the corner you can follow it up with a neutral jump and land on either the left or right side by walking slightly forward or slightly backwards. The neutral jump goes over most wake up attacks. You can go for additional overhead/low mixups after the neutral jump or keep it safe with 22b3.

B13 is an untechable knockdown.

Icebaby

Ice Queen
Anyone else think that drop down teleport is absurd? I mean I don't mean to be a downer here, but why can this character get 50/50 guesses every time he touches you that are safe after you guess right? It just doesnt sit well with me and the array of MMH players swarming online doesn't help either...

I tried parrying with KF and it was to no avail. Null. And Lex can't even punish the move on block is it even -8 like the frame data says??

Anyone else think that drop down teleport is absurd? I mean I don't mean to be a downer here, but why can this character get 50/50 guesses every time he touches you that are safe after you guess right? It just doesnt sit well with me and the array of MM players swarming online doesn't help either...

I tried parrying with KF and it was to no avail. Null. And Lex can't even punish the move on block is it even -8 like the frame data says??
Lol yes and actually im the one that found this tech and told Reo on youtube. He forgot to mention this setup works anywhere on the sceen and as long as a combo ends with back 1 3 the setup works and guess what if the telepot hits you can do a combo that leads to this setup again. When I found this setup i was like this needs to be nerfed because after playing around with the teleport i found a timing that crosses up and safe at the same time which is not fair because if you delay it to hit in the front its safe too, plus you cant see the mixup so you have guess the block everytime making it a real 50/50.

Icebaby

Ice Queen
Lol yes and actually im the one that found this tech and told Reo on youtube. He forgot to mention this setup works anywhere on the sceen and as long as a combo ends with back 1 3 the setup works and guess what if the telepot hits you can do a combo that leads to this setup again. When I found this setup i was like this needs to be nerfed because after practicing around with the teleport i found a timing that crosses up and safe at the same time which is not fair because if you delay it to hit in the front its safe too plus you cant you cant see the mixup so you have guess the block.
Um I'm not a fighting game expert by any means but I'm pretty sure any-where-on-the-screen-mix-ups by teleporting into full combos rinse and repeat do not belong in this game.

This reaks of pre patch Scorpion except MMH doesn't need super bar meter... Did NRS not learn? :confused:

I know I'm not the only person who feels this character is busted right now because I have been browsing this forum for an answer to his teleport on block and found some people with similar mindset as me

Crathen
NY_Jailhouse

Um I'm not a fighting game expert by any means but I'm pretty sure any-where-on-the-screen-mix-ups by teleporting into full combos rinse and repeat do not belong in this game.

This reaks of pre patch Scorpion except MMH doesn't need super bar meter... Did NRS not learn? :confused:

I know I'm not the only person who feels this character is busted right now because I have been browsing this forum for an answer to his teleport on block and found some people with similar mindset as me

Crathen
NY_Jailhouse
He needs that teleport to be nerfed its insane how good it is and its not even hard to do I can do it consistentley now where the cross up is safe. Its not even fair because you cant react with a block you have to guess and if you guess wrong Manhunter can combo to that setup again which makes it a guessing game. Reminds me of scorpion but manhunter needs to hit an opponent to get the vortex started.

Crathen
NY_Jailhouse

Crathen
NY_Jailhouse
I been testing ways to get out and the only thing i found is when manhunter goes for a cross up teleport your inputs are switch to the opposite side of the screen and you have to do your wake up motion as if your on the otherside for it to come out, but that implies you know the opponents going for a crossup and if he doesnt and goes infront instead your wakeup does not come out and you get hit. So the only option is to guess the block which is bullshit.

Actually you can super to get out of the setup but you need a full bar and I guess instead of nerfing his teleport making his back 1 3 a soft knockdown so you can roll out would be much better.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
I think this is only viable with b13 ender as bf3 is a techable knock down, but that's fine as it's as good an ender damage vise as phase charger. I either do phaser charger in to orb set ups and pressure or I do b13 in to orbs + zoning or phase assault overhead cross up by doing jump forward air overhead tp (right before the apex of your jump)

Icebaby

Ice Queen
Actually you can super to get out of the setup but you need a full bar and I guess instead of nerfing his teleport making his back 1 3 a soft knockdown so you can roll out would be much better.
I posted earlier in this thread about as to why you can't roll after his b13 knock down. It doesn't make sense as every other character in the game with the same full screen knock back allows you to roll. Do you think it was not intended and may be addressed in the next patch?

What about his sky teleport being safe on block?

Update: You can do safe fifty/fifty pressure
by just doing b1 into mb close orb as well as b2 mb close orb.. I put lex on corp reversal and sometimes i will win or at the veryleast trade between the strings and orb, but its completelys safe.
So now pressure can look like ji2 22 mb close orb, b3, either b1 or b2 mbclose orb for fifty fifty.

for he overhead you can only get like 24% and the low like 35%
I am getting it to work in a training mode right now and this looks SO good. I think this pressure is very powerful, and you can sometimes do a regular close orb, once they respect the MB version.

Yes pillars catching them in the air is awesome, and after teleport uppercut opponent is higher than usual, so I am sure we can find a more damaging combo

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
For the b13 Downward Phase Assault cross-up setup, you can do a wake-up attack to beat it. I haven't tested it with everyone, but in a mirror match, if you do a wake-up Psionic Push, you'll either whiff, or straight out beat it.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Oh yes, more tech for someone to complain a nerf out of :(

Really though, good stuff. Will use Sir.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.

Crathen
NY_Jailhouse
You can dash out of it broski. Jesus, what the hell happen to learning to adapt?
and no NRS doesnt learn cause they always listen to you guys complain and.nerf a character to shit.
Ive.been.punished on teleport, and its obvious when its coming.
And when they did nerf Scorpion he was completely unsafe :/

Shamwow0w0w

Steam / Twitch: Apsasu
You can do the cross up without moving, depending on where the opponents body is during the bouncing animation on the ground can make you cross up or not when you jump. I haven't figured it out completely yet, but it's something along the lines of: 'has the opponents head touched the floor yet? if so, it will cross up'. I'll test it out a bit more today when I get more time.

You can dash out of it broski. Jesus, what the hell happen to learning to adapt?
and no NRS doesnt learn cause they always listen to you guys complain and.nerf a character to shit.
Ive.been.punished on teleport, and its obvious when its coming.
And when they did nerf Scorpion he was completely unsafe :/
What are you talking about this setup locks you down you cant dash out and youre doing the setup wrong if Manhunter punishable on block watch the video Reo does it correctley and explains how you get three outcomes.What do you mean its obvious you can make Manhunter hit in front too and only the manhunter player knows which side he wants to hit like watch the video properley Reo explains this.

Guys, do I understand this right: after b13 you can make the tele cross up, cross up safely, or not cross up? If so what are the conditions for each option, because I only cross up all the time and randomly it is safe!
Edit: ok I see it depends on whether you delay it or not